115 replies to this topic
AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

it was my first and best gta

along with gta vc?anyone else play this one first before the others?

• Vice City criminal and UshaB like this

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Casa Nostra

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Me. My first GTAs are LCS and VCS. I love them and I like VCS more than the orginal Vice City.

VCS is a underrated legend in my opinion.
  • TheKillerDonuts, Cake* Games, VikDarkbomb and 2 others like this

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Me. My first GTAs are LCS and VCS. I love them and I like VCS more than the orginal Vice City.

VCS is a underrated legend in my opinion.

Both our opinions

Johan
  • Johan

Don Quixote

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

I haven't gave this game much of a go honestly but I still consider it being around the top 5 in the series in terms of story.

Also it was probably the 3rd game I've tried in the series.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

Easy missions. Piece of cake. And yeah I liked its bloom effect and 80s beauty. Awesome. Just awesome.
  • AndroidModz14, Cake* Games and SevDoggX like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Best GTA ever? Nope, that's title goes to IV in my opinion, but I would say it's almost exactly ex aequo with VC on the second spot. There are some things I prefer in VC and some I prefer in VCS. VC was the first and was more memorable, but VCS is the pinnacle of 3D era in terms of gameplay (rewards, side missions, etc.)  

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 and The7thOne like this

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Easy missions. Piece of cake. And yeah I liked its bloom effect and 80s beauty. Awesome. Just awesome.

First time u commented without showing me up.

Vc rage looks awesome

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Only because this is an interesting thread. :)

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Ok have you seen gta vc rage trailer amazing looks beautiful

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 24 June 2014 - 03:48 PM.

First time u commented without showing me up.

Vc rage looks awesome

Ok have you seen gta vc rage trailer amazing looks beautiful

This topic is about GTA VCS - Please do not go off topic.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

I agree with GTAKid667. For VC RAGE opinions go post in a VC RAGE thread. Do not make a new topic asking for VC RAGE opinions though. There are many lying already.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

I agree with GTAKid667. For VC RAGE opinions go post in a VC RAGE thread. Do not make a new topic asking for VC RAGE opinions though. There are many lying already.

Vcs rocks

I love the 80s atmosphere
I hope they don't f*ck gta 6 up like they did with gta 5

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

I love a lot of aspects of VCS but I think R* needed to made Vic a bit more charismatic IMO

marksia8296
  • marksia8296

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

No, but it's still a great game.

Impulse_3
  • Impulse_3

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

San Andreas >

GTA V is getting there though.

Tob1234
  • Tob1234

GTA 4 - 5 fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

I have only played GTA 5, GTA 4, TBoGT and TLAD. For me it feels impossible to say which of GTA 5, GTA 4 and TBoGT that is the best GTA. I would rank them like this:

1st place  GTA 5, GTA 4, TBoGT

(2nd place Red Dead Redemption)

3rd place TLAD

:blink:

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

I hope I like it.  I am starting this game from scratch tomorrow to 100% of course and I will be obtaining these 12 vehicles during my playthrough:

H/FP/PP/EC Walton, BP/FP/EC Pony, UH Freeway, UH Wintergreen, UH Ventoso, H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, AP Yola, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus, BP/FP/PP/EC Stretch, AP/EC Sentinel XS, FP/PP/TP/EC Stinger, H/WP Sanchez

As you can see under my username "Proof Vehicle Collector" this is what I do in GTA besides going to 100%.  I just finished GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and now gonna do VCS to 100% with such vehicles in the game from missions, etc.

So yeah, I hope I like VCS.

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

What happened? Did your captain make you pregnant?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by Vice City criminal, 28 June 2014 - 03:45 AM.

It's clearly not the best GTA game of all times but it's my favorite GTA and that's enough for me

• TJGM likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

It's Jinx. J.I.N.X.

• Members
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Not the best but I still like it.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

My problem with VCS is I remember it being short. Well actually both Stories games are short. I suppose they're almost like a long DLC before the days of DLC lol. Very good DLC I might add :) As for best, nah. It's good but SA, VC and 3 are still better for their time. 

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

That's correct ^^^

Only 70 story mission in LCS and only 59 in VCS.  Not to mention the story for LCS is 40% of the game and for VCS it's only 30%.  Usually Rockstar makes the story OVER 50-60% Completion.  LCS/VCS have more side sh*t for 100% than any other GTA game to date...It's strange.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Casa Nostra

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

That's correct ^^^

Only 70 story mission in LCS and only 59 in VCS.  Not to mention the story for LCS is 40% of the game and for VCS it's only 30%.  Usually Rockstar makes the story OVER 50-60% Completion.  LCS/VCS have more side sh*t for 100% than any other GTA game to date...It's strange.

The Stories series are still quite long, not short. Rockstar add complicated gang wars, side-missions, interesting jobs to make GTA series even better(especially GTA VCS). The stories are definetly better than the orginal ones but the orginal ones are still classics though.
  • Cake* Games and Vice City criminal like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• Premium
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yes, VCS is the best GTA to date.

The music...superb; I have hard time figuring out what to listen to because everything sounds great.

The gameplay....excellent; took the best of every III-Era GTA and molded it into it's own thing. The empire businesses are incredible, we need more of those in the future.

The story....magnificent; So good that GTA IV had to rip-it off...

• kipakolonyasi and Vice City criminal like this

Impulse_3
  • Impulse_3

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

VC was good, but imo SA was better than it.

GTAV is way up there in my books for best GTA ever. I loved SA because you could do almost anything, and that, for its time, was amazing.

• The Byzantine Empire likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

I guess I am alone here, then.  I thought it was pathetic that the story in VCS counted as like 20% Completion or something very low for all 59 story missions.  I just finished the story today from when I started it 6 days ago, but I am only 34.6% Completion.  This is also with taking over 17/30 Empires, 2/36 Stunt Jumps, and 99/99 Red Balloons.  So it's incredibly low percentage for doing all that work.  I am someone who ALWAYS goes to 100%, so I still got a long way to go.  It's like 20/80.  20% Story/80% Side Stuff...

I also understand that you get checkpoints in the Vigilante, Paramedics, Air Rescue, Beach Patrol, Fire Truck, etc, but to me I am someone who reloads if they die or get busted or fail a mission, I don't like to have more mission attempts than I need.  So if I fail on lets say Level 14, it's really gonna bother me to reload and start from Level 1 OR even if I start from Level 10, that means now I got an extra mission attempt added in.  Really tedious annoying side stuff, imo...

I also without a doubt hated the mission Unfriendly Competition.  Also Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out sucked ass, too, due to the Kamakaze FBI Washingtons destroying your vehicle before you can even get close to the Pay and Spray.  All in all, I was actually disappointed with this game.

Also to throw in, the Red Balloons are lame.  Shoot one, get a wanted level.  More wasted time, imo.  Why wouldn't it just be 99 hidden packages, or 100, like GTA III, VC and LCS?

Keeping in mind, I just finished GTA III, VC, SA, and LCS all back to back to back to back to 100% with a nice proof vehicle collection, so I am kinda getting tired of doing all this side nonsense.  My fuse is running short and it's getting really f*cking annoying now 5 games later.  And I'll be doing GTA IV to 100% after VCS, which is hell...200 Flying Rats...

You guys think the side stuff is good?  See, I hate the side stuff.  I much rather more story missions and the story counting for the bulk of the 100% Completion...

• namor and Luuk' like this

drpizzaGTA
  • drpizzaGTA

HELLO.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

GTA IV

inb4 SA fanboys arrive

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

I arrived before your comment :p

SA is my top game of the entire GTA series by far...

HD Era as a whole is rubbish for me.  III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS over IV/TLaD/TBoGT/V anyday, anytime.

• Luuk' likes this

JasonStatham
  • JasonStatham

★★★ PC ★★★

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Well honestly I was most excited when I started playing GTA SA so I'd say that SA was my best game experience.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

The Empires in this game are such a stupid feature.  I am stats guy, and like to have my gamesaves at 100% with 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed, etc...And it pains me that during my time taken over the 30 Empires, the f*cking Sharks are relentless and keep attacking my Empires.  So quick, that I can't even make it to the safehouse in time to save the f*cking game before they attack another one.  I know in the stats that Percentage of Empires Defended doesn't matter, but I was trying to keep this at 100%, but because this game is pathetic and makes you defend like 15 Empires in a row, it's surely not gonna stay at 100%.  So now I took over all 30/30 Empires, but my percentage for Empires Defended is only 50% but my Empired Successfully Attacked is 100% and "Vance" owning all 30 is 100%.  Sharks are gone and so is the Bikers.

All in all, I think this feature is stupid and a waste of time.  I used to think Gang Wars in SA were pathetic, too, but I much rather Gang Wars in SA than this nonsense that never lets up.  I am busy, I don't have time to keep defending the stupid Empire without saving.  It's nonsense and repetitive bullsh*t.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by Ash_735, 05 July 2014 - 01:09 AM.

I have only played GTA 5, GTA 4, TBoGT and TLAD. For me it feels impossible to say which of GTA 5, GTA 4 and TBoGT that is the best GTA. I would rank them like this:

1st place  GTA 5, GTA 4, TBoGT

(2nd place Red Dead Redemption)

3rd place TLAD

:blink:

What was wrong with TLAD? I thought it was a lot better than TBOGT.

Edit: just read Militia's posts and now I'm laughing a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users