Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can someone explain to me how the matchmaking system works?

13 replies to this topic
UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

Sometimes when you host a race, you don't even get 1 player to join, five minutes later, you have a full lobby!
It doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain to me how the matchmaking system works?

• ArmorKingHunter likes this

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

It invites however the f*ck it wants to invite. If it ever actually wants to invite people.

• jarz85, YogurtStorm and redpoint like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I wish there was a scientific reason but all I can tell you is....

nanomachines. 

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

The random matchmaking in GTA Online is some of the sleaziest most unpredictable sh*t I've seen. Honestly, I never get more than 1 or 2 guys even after bumping the Auto-play countdown a few times.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

WHY AM I STILL GETTING HATE?

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

That's the thing, it doesn't work properly. 

It invites random people (f*ck knows the algorithm for sending invites), as well as friends and crew members playing GTA V. People maaaaay also end up in your lobby if they use quick join, the likely percentage of somebody actually ending up in your lobby is probably... 0.002%? 

UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

The random matchmaking in GTA Online is some of the sleaziest most unpredictable sh*t I've seen. Honestly, I never get more than 1 or 2 guys even after bumping the Auto-play countdown a few times.

I usually have more success if I don't do anything but auto-invite. If I invite (specific) crew members or friends, or skill matched players, it usually does nothing.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

It invites your friends, their friends, their crew members, people they recently played with etc. just to put it simple. Can't forget the skilled matched players, note getting a full lobby also obviously depends on people actually wanting to join. Oh yea quick job players can also join.

UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'd like to see a more detailed matchmaking system where every player can choose their favorite settings before joining a job

• reform likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

near as I can tell, Poorly at best, lol! latest patch has been affected by the worst lag to date.  I sometimes get invites after the job has already launched. very annoying.  

And also how hard would it be to determine if the player is on an active job while gathering the initial game details before starting to load it and warn me of such giving the option to cancel at that point instead of loading for 2 minutes and then give the warning so if you cancel it puts you in a completely different session than the one you just came from if youre lucky enough to not be timed out and sent to story mode that is, FFS!  its not rocket science, is it?

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Too many jobs and not enough players wanting to play. It invites people from your session, people on your friends/crew list and random people (? not sure how if it even does that). If matchmaking is on, people from Quick Job might join too. Back to my first sentence, though - people just don't want to play and then to top it off, the matchmaking sucks. Shame really. You can't even fully blame Rockstar for this, its mainly the players (and i never defend Rockstar lol).

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by TomKongPhooey, 22 June 2014 - 09:32 PM.

it doesnt. You wanna know the secret of the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything? It's an easier one to answer

42 :-P

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Quite simply: it doesn't. It's a broken queue system.

What's also broken is balancing.

• reform, ~TKP~ and Dark Pride like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Seeing as Online characters are in the 'cloud', they probably got hit by a Lazer jet, or abducted by all the UFO's on the way to the job, then put in another job just because.

UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Seeing as Online characters are in the 'cloud', they probably got hit by a Lazer jet, or abducted by all the UFO's on the way to the job, then put in another job just because.

We need more creative people like you in this world :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users