Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is Everyone Obsessed with a new release of GTA IV?

23 replies to this topic
Radeon
  • Radeon

Mia San Mia.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Hey Guys, well this question states itself.  I really don't understand it, IV was an okay game in my opinion (obviously others think differently), and I personally think it should stay in the past until another GTA game features Liberty City.  But I just want to know, why?

ocd
  • ocd

Foot Fetishist

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Because it would be amazing and it would sh*t on V
  • Miamivicecity, GTAfear, Aaron030792 and 2 others like this

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

The obsession with a new release is possibly linked to two reasons -

1 ~ They are bored, tired, and sick of GTA V. They want to go back to a game they loved

2 ~ They want a remastered version of the game (newer graphics, new features, etc)

Either way, I doubt we'll see a re-release any time soon.

• theNGclan and ThatSpecialSomeone like this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Because, now after playing through GTA IV again, I realise how much V sucks compared to IV.
  • GTAfear, TheKillerDonuts, 78 lil red express and 2 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

Because GTA Forums fanbase logic. Before V people kept whining for a remake of SA and now the cycle is just continuing.
  • MilezDawg, Bozzah and JetsRLove like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

not banned Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Because GTA Forums fanbase logic. Before V people kept whining for a remake of SA and now the cycle is just continuing.

Oh god, here we go again...
  • TheKillerDonuts likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

People with gta iv being their all-time favorite game obviously want it to become even better. I am still hoping for a new or re-mastered Banjo Kazooie (n64 style) but sometimes you have to admit that it's about time to look for another game :)
  • Revenge of the Donut likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Oh god, here we go again...

If you don't get what I said, don't bother replying.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

I don't really understand it either. GTA IV is a great game and should never be touched IMO. My concern would be R* making it more accommodating to the whining masses that didn't have the decency to appreciate the original game.

• MilezDawg, Vercetti42, ParanoiaX and 3 others like this

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Someone said it was a cycle and it really is.  I had heard people complain about IV wanting a new one and then V came out and then they whined about that and want yet another version to come out.  People just like to complain.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Because they want you to buy their shark cards

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

The mind is a cavern

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

There will be no next-gen GTA IV. Not now, not ever. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Evil Invaders Motorcycles

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

GTA IV is a next-gen game, because it's gameplay makes GTA V look like last-gen :lol:

Also agree with the others, doesn't need remasters or anything.

• Miamivicecity and Android like this

Johan
  • Johan

Don Quixote

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I don't want a new release, but I'd take it over V or its upgraded version any day.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

I don't really understand it either. GTA IV is a great game and should never be touched IMO. My concern would be R* making it more accommodating to the whining masses that didn't have the decency to appreciate the original game.

This is what I meant by my last post. GTA:SA and GTA IV are both ahead of their time IMO. They don't need remasters or any GTA for that matter.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Rockstar has outright refused to remake the 3D era games, despite the fact that they have so many studios and can work on many projects at one time, and everyone would buy them. Rockstar wouldn't need to change their focus or take a step back. It's simply rebuilding the game in a new engine. Still, they say no.

The only reason V is coming out for PS4 is because they released it so close to the next gen consoles. They're not going to reach back to IV, especially since it's been panned for the past few years.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Rockstar has outright refused to remake the 3D era games, despite the fact that they have so many studios and can work on many projects at one time, and everyone would buy them. Rockstar wouldn't need to change their focus or take a step back. It's simply rebuilding the game in a new engine. Still, they say no.

The only reason V is coming out for PS4 is because they released it so close to the next gen consoles. They're not going to reach back to IV, especially since it's been panned for the past few years.

From a financial point of view I don't even think it would be worth the hassle anyway. The only way we'll see GTA IV on next gen is a download IMO similar to GTA III, VC and SA on PSN. That probably won't be for a while though. Perhaps in 2018 around the time of the game's 10th anniversary.

Plank.
  • Plank.

master trole 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

GTA IV already is next-gen. The PC version is, anyway.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

From a financial point of view I don't even think it would be worth the hassle anyway. The only way we'll see GTA IV on next gen is a download IMO similar to GTA III, VC and SA on PSN. That probably won't be for a while though. Perhaps in 2018 around the time of the game's 10th anniversary.

It doesn't cost a lot to remake games because most of the work is done.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

I probably should've made myself clear. By financial I mean the money it would make. Mainstream audiences seem to think GTA IV is a disease so other than hardcore GTA IV fans buying it there probably wouldn't be much of a return (money wise) to make it seem worth while.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

I probably should've made myself clear. By financial I mean the money it would make. Mainstream audiences seem to think GTA IV is a disease so other than hardcore GTA IV fans buying it there probably wouldn't be much of a return (money wise) to make it seem worth while.

If there were significant improvements, I think it would be fine.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

I dought that people will wan't a newer version of GTA V in the future. I'll guess we'll have to see in 6 years or so when the next GTA is released :)

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I wouldn't want a direct reboot of GTA IV, but I would love to see modern day Liberty City again soon.

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users