mr quick
  • mr quick

VŚr tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm still in my first paid job, using it to pay the ridicolous amount of money it costs for (mandatory) privately owned driving lessons.

I'm a verger/sexton - I'm generally in charge of a church and its services

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

Worked part time in high school as a cashier at a grocery store (food lion). My first real job though was at a German ceramics company called Ceramtec. I was a press operator and a quality inspector there.

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:05 AM Edited by TheBlackPeterParker., 25 June 2014 - 04:10 AM.

A job is a job. No need to be a dick.

There's no need for me to be polite and well mannered either. I just prefer to annoy them as much as they annoy me. If they don't like it they can quit, but there's no way for me to stop cold-calls from constantly interrupting my day.

Like I said, all you have to do is ask to be put on the do not call list, or more simply don't answer an 800 number. No need to waste both of our times.  :sigh:

Sheelamariner
  • Sheelamariner

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

My first Job was Customer Support Executive,then Telecaller afterwards started up my career in SEO.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

*looks around* No one has mentioned this very interesting job yet, so looks like I have to say it.

My first job was actually a Traffic Warden *ducks*, which I really hated and tried to do as little as possible, in the summer I liked it because, despite the stupid uniform, I got to relax outside, hidden away, in the sun just listening to music occasionally changing what "street" I was suppose to be patrolling. But damn, trust me on this, the amount of taunts and hate you get off people doing that job is amazing, and I can see why, funny enough we got more hate off our bosses because we didn't bring enough tickets in. :p Eventually I was fired after an ass kisser who wanted to work her way up was tagging me, and taking notes when I wasn't "carrying out the duties he's supposed to be paid for". Bitch.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:15 AM Edited by Verdant, 02 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

I was at a local supermarket in the fruit section (fresh produce or whatever you want to call it). It was 10 hours a week unless I had to fill in additional hours somewhere else within the week. I worked there for about 5-8 months, the staff were okay, a numerous amount of employees eventually had there frustrated moments.The guy who trained me for the fruit department was really nice though and I did enjoy working together with him when we had the same hours. However the place ended up shutting down as they were beginning to construct apartments there. And no they didn't transfer me anywhere else which was disappointing, pretty much at the last minute the managers told the employees it was shutting down.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

City Construction Office, keeping streets clean of scum and gardens weedless. Not so great salary, I was only 15 "young employee", but it was good and rewarding job.

Mr.SoapyLegs
  • Mr.SoapyLegs

Light em if you got it

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Many many years ago, my first job was a busboy at a very popular local Chinese Restaurant. I think at the time, which was back in the early 80's, I made 2.35 an hour + 15% of the wait staff tips. On a good night I made 100 bucks in tips, which wasn't uncommon for this particular restaurant.   

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

I was a freelance software developer before I started working for many companies, including Coca-Cola. I have over 10 years of experience in my field, something rare for my age in my generation.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Handing out free drink samples of Lipton ice tea. Paid well and I liked doing it. Only a few days a month though not nearly as often I would've liked.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

First job was as a pharmacy technician , taking prescriptions over the phone from doctors, entering them into a computer, and then counting out the pills. Did it for about 2 and a half years.

gta38i492
  • gta38i492

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

First job was working as a cashier at Burger King. Awful times.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

First job was as a pharmacy technician , taking prescriptions over the phone from doctors, entering them into a computer, and then counting out the pills. Did it for about 2 and a half years.

That explains a lot.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, universetwisters and Shah Sam like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by Dbns_Finest, 02 July 2014 - 11:34 PM.

First job was working as a cashier at Burger King. Awful times.

Did you ever witness anything disgusting going on in the kitchen? I always wanted to know how clean fast food restaurants are.
  • Affalterbach likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

That explains a lot.

Would you care to elaborate, Pablo?

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

No, I wouldn't. Your posts speak for themselves.

• mr quick, Plank. and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

No, I wouldn't. Your posts speak for themselves.

Oh?

Dan Cooper
  • Dan Cooper

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Either shovelling sh*t on a farm or picking vegetables on a farm. I forget which came first.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

Either shovelling sh*t on a farm or picking vegetables on a farm. I forget which came first.

I thought your first job would've been sticking up a jetliner and jumping out never to be seen again.

• ddyoung and Dan Cooper like this

Dan Cooper
  • Dan Cooper

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

That was my last job.

• ddyoung and universetwisters like this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

My first job was at a chinese restaurant being sexually harassed by my boss while his wife picked on me and swore at me in chinese every time she got the chance. I also wasn't being paid properly and for 6 bucks an hour? f*ck that sh*t. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

I'd like my first job to be at Starbucks. The benefits sound lovely and the skills you learn and the overall atmosphere definitely attracts me.

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

Working in a -32 degrees Celsius freezer, loading tubs of ice cream on a skid. I got cold after a while and quit.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

I was a salesmen when i was 16. Those sells you have to bring a switchblade just in case ;)

My proper job was when i was locked up. We did cookies and biscuits and we made about 20-25€ a week. The good thing is that if we made more that we where asked for, we could keep them and eat them.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

Motel. Still working there. It's in Tijuana, and it's WAY different from American ones. Or at least I assume they are. It also explains my username...

Alexander
  • Alexander

she's a Khaleesi not a queen fcks sake mate

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:17 AM

@MotelGuy: Funny, I was thinking yesterday "why would someone choose 'MotelGuy' as a username?"
The world makes sense now.

My first job was at a restaurant. It was good during vacations, but I was too busy when the school started so I had to quit.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:36 AM Edited by EphemeralStar, 02 September 2014 - 03:36 AM.

nvm

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by MotelGuy, 02 September 2014 - 04:19 AM.

@MotelGuy: Funny, I was thinking yesterday "why would someone choose 'MotelGuy' as a username?"
The world makes sense now.

My first job was at a restaurant. It was good during vacations, but I was too busy when the school started so I had to quit.

I love sarcasm too.
  • Alexander likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

Working in a -32 degrees Celsius freezer, loading tubs of ice cream on a skid. I got cold after a while and quit.

Old post, as is this topic, but I've been doing this for 6 years. It definitely isn't a job for people who can't tolerate the cold.

• The Hippie likes this

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by BlackAce23, 02 September 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Well i started doing alot of under the table jobs since i was 12(all legal of course)such as working at a small bowling alley setting pins, seasonal stuff such as raking leaves & shoveling snow, and working for this guy who owned vending machines. But my first wage job was at 16 at Kings family restaurant as a bus boy which was one of the sh*ttest jobs you could have. From cleaning up puke to a table that resembles a 5th grade food fight. But i was had so much fun with staff who were mostly teens as well as myself at the time. Unfortunately due to money issues and building falling apart, it closed and the last day was pretty sad as most of us built friendships & relationships there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users