Photo

First Job

100 replies to this topic
Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

I was a waiter at a very popular seafood restaurant for about 2 years.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Administrator/the janitor/the waiter and whatever else needs to be done in a local 14 room Villa. Got lucky on that one, usually you don't get hired to such jobs without previous experience.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ah, now are we talking part time or full time?

My first part time job (barring paper rounds from the age of 12) was in a farm shop/nursery on Saturdays and a golf course cafe on Sundays, both at the age of 16. Farm shop was great fun in the summer, just picking fruit and veg for the shop. Only about £4.50 an hour but spent with a few mates was the most fun I've probably had whilst being paid.

First full time job was flogging Sony products. Was quiet most of the time so got paid to surf the web and watch TV generally. Started on £10k a year.

In comparison it is now 6 years later and I've trebled my salary working on the railways. Fallen on my feet for a job really, especially as I only have A-levels.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I was a trolley collector. Or shopping cart for everyone else.

It was pretty horrible. Pay was sh*t. $5 an hour from what I remember. The shopping centre manager was a c*nt whenever the bays were running low even though we were flat out trying to collect them. Especially over the Christmas period.

That was when I was 18.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by RedBull FM, 22 June 2014 - 11:59 AM.

Well my first proper job is actually right now. Basically just helping a farmer with stuff on his farm. Hopefully i'll be able to drive one of his tractors soon if he lets me. Get £20.00 if I work a day. I'm doing jobs like, shearing sheep, lifting bales (as some of you guys saw on snapchat) Heck even today some douche bags set a trail load of bales on today. Heres a picture of the firetruck coming later on today to check if everything was alright at the farm

yDNFfuW.jpg

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

I've haven't officially had a job before. I've did work experience when I was at school at Coles (An Australian supermarket company) and it was pretty sh*t and I would never work at a supermarket ever again.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

My first official job was Burger King.

I've haven't officially had a job before. I've did work experience when I was at school at Coles (An Australian supermarket company) and it was pretty sh*t and I would never work at a supermarket ever again.

Believe me, you are doing yourself a huge favor by maintaining this attitude throughout your life.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Impossible relimitation on the main part

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Co-OP engineering job for university. I avoided the fast food, clothes store, obvious teenage jobs completely

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

Worked at a Papa Johns getting paid under the table to put flyers on windshields in parking lots. Paid $20 a day and a free medium pizza. Did it for about 4 hours a day monday thru friday from 9 to 1 unless it was getting too hot or began raining.

Would do it again in a heartbeat now that im competent enough to have my phone and music. Used to get the white cheese pizza every single day and take my earnings to the local cyber cafe.
  • Plank. likes this

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by Durden, 23 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

I'm surprised I was the first one to admit this.

Spoiler

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Believe me, you are doing yourself a huge favor by maintaining this attitude throughout your life.

I use to work at Woolworths supermarkets suck, why did you choose to do your work experience there? I remember at my school the kids who waited until the last minute before organising their work experience got all the sh*t jobs. I hated working at Woolworths while getting paid I can't imagine doing it for work experience (unpaid I assume). Ended up doing my work experience at a mine site as well as with the Air Force and Navy. Retail made me hate people. 

My first proper fulltime job was the Army and it looks like it'll remain so for near future. 

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

My first working experience was at 16 by an assembly line, packing fridges and other white appliances with styrofoam. What's with all the supermarket hate? It's one the easiest jobs you'll ever get; good working conditions and no hard manual labour, the only sh*tty part is working at weekdays and holidays.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Security, worst sh*t in the world.

My third job. Best ever, of course it depends on where.
Mine were Midnight to 0800. Empty Factories, and the famous Undercliff Sanitarium. You couldn't tell the staff from the patients ;)
without the ID badge. Seems everyone of the staff had a relative committed to some institution, they were always talking about it.
Always quiet on that shift.

I was on a really busy mall in a really bad neighborhood, short staffed doing 8am to 22pm on CCTV, I worked two days then had two days off. The pay was way above average, but man, the responsibilities you had and none of the authority, f*ck that.

Then I left the CCTV and went to patrolling the mall, everyday you'd see all sorts of sh*t. Guys walking around inside with helmets on, a lot of drug trading in the clothe sections. I felt I was in Somalia fighting rebels without any weapons.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:06 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 23 June 2014 - 12:09 PM.

I use to work at Woolworths supermarkets suck, why did you choose to do your work experience there? I remember at my school the kids who waited until the last minute before organising their work experience got all the sh*t jobs. I hated working at Woolworths while getting paid I can't imagine doing it for work experience (unpaid I assume). Ended up doing my work experience at a mine site as well as with the Air Force and Navy. Retail made me hate people. 

My first proper fulltime job was the Army and it looks like it'll remain so for near future. 

I've been a kroger employee for 15 years. It is the deadest of dead end jobs. My experience here is terrible at best. They work the sh*t out of you and wont give you enough help in some departments, and management/front office will work against you, instead of with you. I can go on and on.. if I could trust looking for a newer better job and being paid more than I get now, I would leave Kroger so fast.. But as it stands, it's too risky to quit.

Grocery Retail and Full Retail, I recommend to anyone if they truly can't find a job at all. Otherwise, people, the grass IS greener elsewhere.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

I got my first part time job at 16 working as a waiter in hospitality boxes at Twickenham Rugby ground which is not far from where I grew up. sh*t work as the clientele were stuck up and almost always rude as sh*t, I did that nearly every weekend from 16-18 while I was finishing off school. Then I took a job in a shoe shop over my gap year when I was 18 and went back every now and then over holidays from University until I was 21.

That was also a sh*t job as it involved running up and down stairs and digging around in a hot and overcrowded stock-room for hours on end with demanding customers. I truly never realised how stupid the average person is until I worked in retail. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

I've been a kroger employee for 15 years. It is the deadest of dead end jobs. My experience here is terrible at best. They work the sh*t out of you and wont give you enough help in some departments, and management/front office will work against you, instead of with you. I can go on and on.. if I could trust looking for a newer better job and being paid more than I get now, I would leave Kroger so fast.. But as it stands, it's too risky to quit.

Grocery Retail and Full Retail, I recommend to anyone if they truly can't find a job at all. Otherwise, people, the grass IS greener elsewhere.

Wouldn't doubt it. Kroger was fine until schuncks and other chains ran them out of St. Louis years ago.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Started working at BK when i was turned 17 and stayed until i hit 20. Pay was horrible, the hours where inhuman and i was surrounded by two-faced people.

Oh well, my mistake for not quitting earlier. My second job was awesome though. Same pay, but at least i was working alongside great people. Makes all the difference.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

I had a paper route in 7th grade if that counts for anything. Then the paper's printer broke so there was no need for paper boys anymore.

Now I'm at a grocery store, and have been since May 29, 2012.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Working in a restaurant kitchen cleaning sh*t up.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

My first legit job was at a cinema, I mostly ripped tickets, worked the concession stand and cleaned up after a movie was over. It was pretty good to be honest, I used to get a sh*tload of posters and crap like that, oh and free movies were like crack to a film nut such as myself.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

my first proper contracted work was at a supermarket stacking shelfs, whizzing tills and being the warehouse bitch. Beforew then i'd worked two paper rounds and as a cleaner at my school.

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

My first job is my current job, and that is working for a place that calls people to take surveys about politics and stuff.

Spoiler

• tuareg likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:22 PM Edited by El Tel, 24 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Just a general tip for people, if someone calls your phone for a survey, either take it, or ask to be put on the do not call list if you don't want to get called. There really isn't a need to curse me out since I'm just doing my job

I much prefer asking people like you to hold on for a second and then see how long you'll wait around for before becoming bored and hanging up. Or I refuse to answer any of your questions until you have completed my 400 question survey titled "Where did it all go wrong and what has become of my life?"

tuareg
  • tuareg

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

A job is a job. No need to be a dick.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Naa, I largely agree with the sentiments of El Tel given that most of those survey companies sell your details to all sorts of nefarious people.
  • El Tel likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

A job is a job. No need to be a dick.

There's no need for me to be polite and well mannered either. I just prefer to annoy them as much as they annoy me. If they don't like it they can quit, but there's no way for me to stop cold-calls from constantly interrupting my day.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Ocean Basket?
  • theadmiral likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Ocean Basket?
Correct haha
  • Dbns_Finest and theadmiral like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

My first real job was a kitchen job in a cheesesteak joint when I was a young teen. I only had it for a bout a year before I took a job in the speciality pet industry. I had that job well into my 20s and throughout college.

I'm not too far from retiring and I've only had like 4 jobs throughout my life and I've been working consecutively since I was 14.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

DENSO.

Good place to job, but liars contractors and annoying people in my area, I left later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users