[V] Script/Native Documentation and Research

1,141 replies to this topic
unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Bon Jon Bovi

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Will the Natives Parameters will be solved because in GTA IV most of the natives have no documentation for paramaters. and is c++ and c are the same?
I know c# i 've studied it very well. Will it be easy for c# users to code c++. i 've heard alot that c# is very similar to c++ and javascript lua.

VECTOR3
this was from Scripthookdotnet. it is wierd for a 5 years game development to use the same param and functions as gta iv but Both are the same era as well as Alexander said that all Rage Games uses the Same Byte Code but i still feel it may be had been changed to be
VECTOR6
native documentation can be done automatically through checking what arguments are pushed into natives. However knowing the arguments mean must be manually done

Noox
  • Noox

changeScriptAbility(&myScriptAbility, "improve");

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Noox, 23 June 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Will the Natives Parameters will be solved because in GTA IV most of the natives have no documentation for paramaters. and is c++ and c are the same?

I know c# i 've studied it very well. Will it be easy for c# users to code c++. i 've heard alot that c# is very similar to c++ and javascript lua.

VECTOR3

this was from Scripthookdotnet. it is wierd for a 5 years game development to use the same param and functions as gta iv but Both are the same era as well as Alexander said that all Rage Games uses the Same Byte Code but i still feel it may be had been changed to be

VECTOR6

Do you even know what a vector is?

I won't explain because it's hard but it's 3 because of the axis, X, Y and Z.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

i see a post of mine was deleted... looks like die Fuhrer of GTAForums was not pleased with my comment

HEIL MEIN FUHRER OF GTAFORUMS.. sorry for my insolence

unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Bon Jon Bovi

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

VECTOR3

VECTOR6

It looks like you don't know what a vector is.

A vector can have as many dimensions as you want, Vector 3 specifies a 3 dimensional vector (most useful because we live in a world with 3 spacial dimenions), but you can have a 6 dimensional vector if you want.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

That would be a 2d matrix already :D

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:33 PM Edited by Noox, 23 June 2014 - 10:37 PM.

VECTOR3

VECTOR6

A vector can have as many dimensions as you want, Vector 3 specifies a 3 dimensional vector (most useful because we live in a world with 3 spacial dimenions), but you can have a 6 dimensional vector if you want.

To be honest I didn't really know this about vectors as I've never been good with them but with how he said it could have been called vector6 because of a new version of vector.

Anyway, sorry for the misinformation.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:27 AM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 24 June 2014 - 01:28 AM.

VECTOR3

VECTOR6

To be honest I didn't really know this about vectors as I've never been good with them but with how he said it could have been called vector6 because of a new version of vector.

Anyway, sorry for the misinformation.

it is just an object to keep track of some numbers... a vector is really just a number... example... -1 can be described as a length of 1 to the left so to describe orientation and position in a 3d world u need 3 vectors and in other situations u may need more vectors to work with so u can define a struct for it... for coding video games u should study vector math

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

VECTOR6

hmmm i think ur onto something, i could see an upgraded gta world being something like this, of course im talking next gen here

image9.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by Frank.s, 28 June 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Looks like a gay ferris wheel: GTAVI confirmed for being programmed with gay ferris wheels! :lol:

Alexander + all the V and RAGE format reverse-engineerers - you're all f*cking amazing, i can't wait to futz about on GTAV scripting/3d modeling/etc thanks to the work you guys do. :^:
  • Alexander Blade, theNGclan, Mega and 2 others like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

i wished for a rain , not a sandstorm.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

wow , i mean V Release is a few month from here , and even all the genius people are already havin' some research about the coding , all i can say is good luck guys ! , wish to see al of you in the V Coding/Modding scene soon !

nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Really nice work Alexander Blade, good to see you're and other old guys are still going strong :)

Just wanted to comment on one thing, the copyright note in the decompiled script files, what's your intention with those?

I don't mean to say you dont deserve credit for decompiling the sco's, but I'm pretty sure the scripts themselves belong and are copyrighted by R*. (And I remember there being some fuzz about distributing the decompiled scos, or was that just using them to hack the game? :p)

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

i guess translation deserves a ©

technically he wrote the decompiled scripts just not his original work... bah who cares this is a modding scene... nobody is suing anybody over this lol

Compman
  • Compman

You Are'nt gonna have a good day if you insult Niko Bellic

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

hey guys good ...hoping can mod gta 5 in c# like scripthook :D

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Compman

Itsn't C++ enough for ya ?

• Frank.s and Skorpro like this

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

It's perfect :D

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Compman

Itsn't C++ enough for ya ?

After scripting using the .net scripthook and using the c++ hook only, .net is much nicer.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

nicer does not mean better  :lol:

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by byteMe420, 02 July 2014 - 10:36 PM.

I'm talking specifically about interacting with GTAIV engine using the c++ hook only or interacting through the .net scripthook.

The .Net hook DOES in fact make the scripters job easier and to me that is better. I'm not talking which language is better as we all know c++ has it's advantages and .Net has its advantages. Just talking about working with the 2 hooks available.

Not to mention the .Net hook allows me to reload scripts I'm working on in game. I love being able to Alt-Tab to VS, change code... compile with a post build event to install the dll and alt-Tab back into game within a few seconds. This is all a matter of how things were designed and the .Net hook is so much nicer.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

I have one concern.

GTA V is being rebuilt from the ground up for PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Not ported. As you said, GTA V is already using up most of its natives. Aren't you worried that they may all be different than the console version? As they are labeled hashes, I have a feeling that the values may change with the enhancements made. This version of the game looks much more different than any past GTA release did in its original release vs its later release on a new platform. Heck, this is the first GTA to release on two generations(Not counting old games running on newer consoles). I have a feeling that that there will be a lot of differences in the next gen/PC version of the game compared to the last gen version. But I do think that the data files will be the same format though, but the more hard coded stuff, and more complex file formats that requires tools to be made are going to be modified. I bet you that the shaders are going to work differently as well.

However, keep up the good work. Even if the PC version ends up being different deep in the code, I bet there will be similarities that will make the work done here a benefit when it comes to cracking down the PC version.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Lets say that x360 version is a port of PC/x1 version :)

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I kinda agree with ByteMe420, .Net scripthook is easier to use.. but that's just my opinion.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Once there's a C++ scripthook, it's just a matter of days or a week to make a .Net scripthook.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by sjaak327, 05 July 2014 - 07:45 AM.

I'm talking specifically about interacting with GTAIV engine using the c++ hook only or interacting through the .net scripthook.

The .Net hook DOES in fact make the scripters job easier and to me that is better. I'm not talking which language is better as we all know c++ has it's advantages and .Net has its advantages. Just talking about working with the 2 hooks available.

Not to mention the .Net hook allows me to reload scripts I'm working on in game. I love being able to Alt-Tab to VS, change code... compile with a post build event to install the dll and alt-Tab back into game within a few seconds. This is all a matter of how things were designed and the .Net hook is so much nicer.

Aru's hook also has the ability to reload on the fly. I prefer the c++ hook over a.net precisely because it allows for more freedom, including the ability to call natives by hash. And it doesn't add another dependency just because it is easier to use, easy doesn't mean it is better.

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by byteMe420, 05 July 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Aru's hook also has the ability to reload on the fly. I prefer the c++ hook over a.net precisely because it allows for more freedom, including the ability to call natives by hash. And it doesn't add another dependency just because it is easier to use, easy doesn't mean it is better.

what freedom do u gain i wonder? how do u reload asi scripts then?

plus i like c#... it really depends on what u like to code in

• Aquilon96 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

You guys are brilliant. Was scripting for IV as advanced as we are now for V? I'd imagine that in early IV scripting things were 'barren' and as a result things were very basic.

With this advanced research we will be able to have more feature rich scripts such as SNT and the scripthooks.

Cheers.

Rugz007
  • Rugz007

A simple guy

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by Rugz007, 06 July 2014 - 06:41 AM.

Yeah :D

I am going for .net script hook

But for c++ scripter it's c++ scripthook

Maro Hannover
  • Maro Hannover

Scriptboy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

I like c++ more

Noox
  • Noox

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I like c++ more

Why?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:36 PM Edited by Alexander Blade, 06 July 2014 - 01:39 PM.

There is straight hierarchy for this , which excludes multiply script engines at all , for example

- c++ script engine 

--- c++ plugin (1) (i.e. carspawner.asi)

--- .net wrapper built on top of the c++ plugin (2) (i.e. trainer.asi)

----- corresponding script for this wrapper (i.e. trainer.net -- as you can see corresponding file has the same name as the wrapper)

--- the same .net wrapper built on top of the c++ plugin (3) (i.e. coolplugin.asi)

----- corresponding script for this wrapper (i.e. coolplugin.net -- same as above)

The goal is to make everything version independent and as much compatible as possible , the only thing that will be changing is the script engine on top of this hierarchy . If we are talking about .net then script developer publishes his script (coolplugin.net) in pair with the wrapper it was written for (coolplugin.asi) , so for the end user there is no difference between installing c++ plugin (carspawner.asi) and installing .net one (coolplugin.asi + coolplugin.net) , meanwhile wrapper developer shouldn't maintain backward compatibility for a scripts his wrapper is running .

So if someone will want to build .net/javascript/python script engine for GTA V the only thing he will need to do is to build a wrapper on top of the c++ plugin .

• Deji, Nacorpio and NeatSquid like this

Maro Hannover
  • Maro Hannover

Scriptboy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

I like c++ because in c++ we can recreate original game scripts and ingame there were many amazing things and also connected animations like the man stealing bicycle from the women in bus assasination mission etc. i was looking at the scripts and i began to understand. THe big problem is there are thousands of useless lines in the file all are + - +  0xc bit and strange things

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users