Combat Issues

21 replies to this topic
StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

Maybe I have played too much and im getting really sick of the game IDK.

Lately I find myself getting my ass kicked by everyone no matter what rank (im a 265) 

Seems like i empty endless amounts of bullits into players and they will not die then i get killed with one shot. Other times I am just killed instantly before the player even comes into view

I can have full armor and shoot at someone who just spawned,before they even start shooting and I will still die. 

Even in cars I can hit someone full speed and they just dont die and just the opposite for myself. 

It has become almost impossible killing someone driving by me. My friend drove by me 4 times and I couldnt kill him with autoaim. 

People are disapearing from my sniper rifle a block away. And it seems other snipers can see me when I cant see them.

My auto aim is working less and less.It just does not lock on and I get killed. Mostly when I am in cover it just will not lock on.

Can other players sh*tty internet cause this?

If I had better internet would make a difference if everyone else is lagging?

I havent froze but  the game world is always loading and freezing and popping in.  I delete my cache and cookies regularly.

I am by far no great player but lately I just suck ass and it seems nothing works the way it should.

Is anyone noticing any of this stuff lately or is it just me ?

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Lately I find myself getting my ass kicked by everyone no matter what rank (im a 265) 

My auto aim is working less and less.It just does not lock on and I get killed. Mostly when I am in cover it just will not lock on.

Change to freeaim and you won't have that problem. 

Seems like i empty endless amounts of bullits into players and they will not die then i get killed with one shot. Other times I am just killed instantly before the player even comes into view

having better internet won't stop the lagging, the further the person lives from you will make it more laggy. it's what we call great latency pinging.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

I made a thread about them nerfing some of the guns recently. Maybe that's your issue. I was having the same problem where I would have to dump the whole magazine into players during TDM.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 20 June 2014 - 03:28 PM.

has anyone compared the gun stats since the patch?

thought my ap pistols range last night was much shorter... can't confirm though. where's funmw2?

I'm sure i've posted about this in a locked thread about 1.14 notes xD ?

But they didnt make changes to app pistol range .

And there some changes to app pistol :

Before :

<TimeBetweenShots value="0.070000" />
<WeaponFlags>CarriedInHand Gun CanLockonOnFoot CanLockonInVehicle CanFreeAim AnimReload AnimCrouchFire UsableOnFoot UsableClimbing UsableInCover AllowEarlyExitFromFireAnimAfterBulletFired AllowCloseQuarterKills HasLowCoverReloads HasLowCoverSwaps QuitTransitionToIdleIntroOnWeaponChange DisableLeftHandIkWhenOnFoot TorsoIKForWeaponBlock</WeaponFlags>

After :

<TimeBetweenShots value="0.100000" />
<WeaponFlags>CarriedInHand Automatic Gun CanLockonOnFoot CanLockonInVehicle CanFreeAim AnimReload AnimCrouchFire UsableOnFoot UsableClimbing UsableInCover AllowEarlyExitFromFireAnimAfterBulletFired AllowCloseQuarterKills HasLowCoverReloads HasLowCoverSwaps QuitTransitionToIdleIntroOnWeaponChange DisableLeftHandIkWhenOnFoot TorsoIKForWeaponBlock</WeaponFlags>

----

Time between shots

Before : 0.070000 milliseconds .

After : 0.100000 milliseconds .

As you can see they added "Automatic" to weapon flags

There you go :

http://pastebin.com/u8LNcBuD

Changes for other weapons than app pistol isn't with 1.14

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 20 June 2014 - 03:22 PM.

I dont think so sir...

I dont want to make myself look like a idiot for my original accusation, but i played last night, but didnt play any forced matches (played all owned matches) as opposed to the other nights, and everything seemed fine yesterday as these issues i was having before werent happening with my owned weapons...

i dont know if maybe it was a issue with forced weapons, or was hot patched or whatever issues it couldve been... i feel like i made myself look crazy... but i had too many people (team mates, ppl i  talked to) saying the same thing..

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

might just be laggy lobbys. sometimes when im unlucky enough, i drop into mexican lobbies, all in spanish and everyone is warping around. i usually switch lobbies and it's fine.

good luck though.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I consider myself a good player, but recently I was killed 9 times by another player. He destroyed my personal vehicle 5 times, costing him $60000. And he suicided himself on me 4 times and I guess it counts as a kill when you blow yourself up and take somebody else with you?

Interesting tactics for sure, but some people are willing to go to exteme lengths to get a kill. 

Maybe I have played too much and im getting really sick of the game IDK.

I can have full armor and shoot at someone who just spawned,before they even start shooting and I will still die. 

Even in cars I can hit someone full speed and they just dont die and just the opposite for myself. 

It has become almost impossible killing someone driving by me. My friend drove by me 4 times and I couldnt kill him with autoaim. 

People are disapearing from my sniper rifle a block away. And it seems other snipers can see me when I cant see them.

I havent froze but  the game world is always loading and freezing and popping in.  I delete my cache and cookies regularly.

I am by far no great player but lately I just suck ass and it seems nothing works the way it should.

Is anyone noticing any of this stuff lately or is it just me ?

YoungR3B3L
  • YoungR3B3L

I came here.... To ask questions....

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Did they add this latency pinging in the new update? I just emptied 2 whole mags on someone before killing them. 

I never noticed this in the previous patches. I live in a sh*tty place so I don't want to have to deal with this forever.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

we all have those days from time to time...

yesterday i was getting pretty much owned by this level 20, you know youre gaming is off when a low level kick your ass.
  • Soran Is On and Pagan Lowrider like this

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm a level 321 with 850 light Deathmatch wins. I've also noticed these combat problems.

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

(im on xbox sry 4 bad grammar) yes I have noticed something very strange with combat lately. i have trouble auto aiming and others can AA on me really easily. sniping is also a pain bcuz ppl can see me but they dont render for me. (i tested this w/ a friend) i also have to expend a lot more bullets to kill ppl but i die after 3 uzi shots

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Try using the Bullpop more often. That things still king in my books

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 20 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Did they add this latency pinging in the new update? I just emptied 2 whole mags on someone before killing them. 

I never noticed this in the previous patches. I live in a sh*tty place so I don't want to have to deal with this forever.

Im almost curious if this is the actual issue we are having, and maybe not the guns themselves...

i was noticing alot of kills id get while i was having these issues, they wouldn't die until after i quit shooting, a few seconds later i would see them die while no bullets were being fired. it would make sense if on our screen it appears we fired off the whole mag, but they actually died half way through, giving us an appearance that were using way more ammo.

im not a guru of how these things work, so does this make sense?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

(im on xbox sry 4 bad grammar) yes I have noticed something very strange with combat lately. i have trouble auto aiming and others can AA on me really easily. sniping is also a pain bcuz ppl can see me but they dont render for me. (i tested this w/ a friend) i also have to expend a lot more bullets to kill ppl but i die after 3 uzi shots

this is just what im goin through bro lol I dont mind getting killed if its legit but this is crazy. Also people keep their lock on me if i roll but if they roll my aim breaks. People can shoot me if they are in cover when i can not shoot them if i am in cover.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

^another infamous one is where u get killed by someone in cover, only to see them pop out afterwards and shoot while in the grey death screen...

at first i thought it was the guns got nerfed but in another thread it was confirmed only the ap pistols fire rate decreased by .3 milliseconds.

this all seems like its lagging issues now that im seeing more information.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

You guys should clear your cache if your on xbox. I think it helped for me.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

since the last patch i've been noticing this too

I think it's a lagging issue as well

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

its probably just lag. I experience this from time to time.
nowdays I dont really engage in combat and just try to interact with the players in my lobby in a friendly way instead of shooting people because it gets really boring
made a lot of new friends this way :p

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

I'm having the same issues, auto-aim not locking on to someone right in front of me, forcing me to free-aim and die.

Auto-aim doesn't seem to be working against drivers in cars barely at all.

I also have the same problem with snipers, I can't see them, just the flash of their gun but they can see me and kill me even though we are equal distance with the same weapon.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:23 AM Edited by sultangris, 21 June 2014 - 02:26 AM.

i used to be pretty lethal, often taking on 2-4 players at a time and coming out victorious but lately ive been experiencing these same issues.  They are random and appear to be more related to lobby lag than any nerfing action as i still get normal behavior with weapons sometimes.  Not sure of the cause, but its not my connection and it doesnt seem to affect all players equally.  its like i render of their screen before they render on mine quite frequently, and the location of the hitbox isnt in the same place as the character is drawn on the screen.  sometimes one shot kills and other times i empty whole clip into head, sometimes my weapons switch instantly and other times i have to hold the buttons much longer to perform the action, its not consistent.  

sometimes people run me over and park on top of me and i almost always die but if i park on them they glitch out and appear 20 ft away 9/10 times, makes no sense, lol!

you can sometimes tell the degree of lag if you go to a store to buy snacks and note the amount of time it takes for the menu to pop up, when it takes a while more other problems also exist so more severe degrees, but if it shows instantly then things work more normally.  Switching weapons and double tapping down arrow to show expanded map are also a good test of lobby lag, if it works correctly when you do it fast there are less other problems but if it fails to work then many other issues also exist.  seems to change randomly in sessions as to where it will work correctly at first a few minutes later its lagged, no consistency, very annoying.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

Do some of the guns auto aim better than others?. I noticed getting owned because I wasn't able to lock onto anyone before I was dead a couple of days ago. Was using my usual mg and special carbine. Do I need a gun change?.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Do some of the guns auto aim better than others?. I noticed getting owned because I wasn't able to lock onto anyone before I was dead a couple of days ago. Was using my usual mg and special carbine. Do I need a gun change?.

different guns have different ranges of effectiveness, but likely you are experiencing the lag issue affecting most people. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users