How are people so bad at online missions

132 replies to this topic
LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

In base invaders I once had a a group of kids fighting over who got to fly the plane, after a couple minutes I thought about blowing it up and just ending it right there. Instead I took the high road and just left

It does indeed make it quicker even if by a few seconds.

Impossible, you always had to wait for the Cargobob, from there its on the pilot. 

Because running all the way down the hill alone, avoiding the array of bullets everywhere, and killing enough enemies to secure a safe flight for the fragile cargobob is more efficient than a team running the same job, right?

Sarcasm, if you cannot tell.

If you were getting shot going down the hill you were doing that wrong too, sounds like you needed the practice anyways!

You know there's a Granger halfway down the hill, you could kill the guy with a knife guarding it and drive down the hill to spawn the Cargobob. 

Fragile, the thing would take about a hundred hits, dont tell me you actually wasted time shooting guys by the container?

It's all changed now anyways, you'll never get to do the perfect run

The guys by the container have an RPG now, as to they guys across the river. You can no longer afford to simply clear the landing zone and ignore everyone else or your cargobob will be blown up trying to lift the container from its new location closer to the cave.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by Dannnisaur, 22 June 2014 - 06:27 AM.

If you were getting shot going down the hill you were doing that wrong too, sounds like you needed the practice anyways!

You know there's a Granger halfway down the hill, you could kill the guy with a knife guarding it and drive down the hill to spawn the Cargobob. 

Fragile, the thing would take about a hundred hits, dont tell me you actually wasted time shooting guys by the container?

It's all changed now anyways, you'll never get to do the perfect run

And here come the straw-man attacks and implications. Step up, senpai.

Even so you'll have to avoid the enemies' shots as well as kill at least a few of them to avoid dying before getting into the Cargobob.

A hundred hits isn't that big of a deal when the enemies wield automatic guns. By the time the container is collected, the majority of the time it's already smoking. Killing the enemies by the container while someone else pilots the Cargobob is an insurance measure that doesn't use as much time to justify it as a waste.

I stand by my point with that it's more efficient to carry out the mission with a team, rather than alone. "Team" meaning a crew of competent players.

It doesn't even that much anyway, as it's as you've said: it's all changed anyways. The principle still applies though.

zohaibrose
  • zohaibrose

Bmw Lover

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I feel ya dawg

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

Shifting Reality

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:25 AM Edited by SideStunt, 22 June 2014 - 07:26 AM.

I don't care if my teammates are idiots because the majority of the time, I can handle a job alone. The only time I get pissed about them is when I'm waiting for them to lose the cops so that we can progress with the mission. (Goddamn I hate Docks to Stocks)

I stopped caring about my teammates blowing up essential mission elements like documents and whatever else as well since I know it happens. I do it sometimes by accident as well.

What I absolutely cannot tolerate though, is if one of my teammates just stands there idly, and does nothing. In Coveted especially this was a problem. The best solution I've found for it though, as well as the most entertaining, was to simply take the Cargobob and flatten them to death constantly until we ran out of lives. Either that or run them over. Thankfully after the update this hasn't been a problem so far.

I had been killing my teammates too if they were just standing idle not even trying to help with the mission, I usually run over them once or twice if the mission was too difficult to complete.

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

I think what make a lot of people Bad at a mission, isnt how good they can play, but they get impatient trying to complete the mission in record time, yes there have been a few times i have seen Bonehead moves from other players, but i know at one time i may have been that bonehead

Its the race for Money that makes people do dumb things, slow down take your time and do what needs to be done

I play mission after mission, and some nights when playing with other people i have a hard time breaking even or turning a profit  other nights i can make 80 to 150k in an hour or so..but you have to play smart either way

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

If there is flying involved. It always seams the one with no idea always rushes to get into the pilots seat. Had some guy clip the top of a mountain in that mission where you steal the plane from the beach and land it at sandy strip. No need to fly that low near the mountains. He could of even flew around it but no, f*cked up the easiest part of the mission.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by cswood, 22 June 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Most of them are lvl 50+

like doing coveted some guy take the helicopter and drops the container and blows up the heli...

Usually I let other people fly the cargbob, but yesterday I decided to do it just to hurry things up and outran the helicopter and everything, but when it came time to land my controls would not respond and the cargobob crashed. Also while playing Coveted I was waiting for the cargobob to land so I could knife the pilot and it suddenly lost control and crashed all by itself. This NEVER happened until they "fixed" the mission.

I'm convinced R* has tinkered with some of the missions to fail on purpose, especially RR and Coveted. I was playing Lost Santos Connection and while one player was covering the guy hacking the laptop in his Buzzard, I flew ahead to the airport so I could get the mission done faster and as soon as I got the prompt to go to the airport the mission failed and said the coke was destroyed even though I hadn't done anything yet.

The game is fixed I tells ya!

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

my controls would not respond and the cargobob crashed

yeah,sure.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Most of them are lvl 50+

like doing coveted some guy take the helicopter and drops the container and blows up the heli...

Usually I let other people fly the cargbob, but yesterday I decided to do it just to hurry things up and outran the helicopter and everything, but when it came time to land my controls would not respond and the cargobob crashed. Also while playing Coveted I was waiting for the cargobob to land so I could knife the pilot and it suddenly lost control and crashed all by itself. This NEVER happened until they "fixed" the mission.

I'm convinced R* has tinkered with some of the missions to fail on purpose, especially RR and Coveted. I was playing Lost Santos Connection and while one player was covering the guy hacking the laptop in his Buzzard, I flew ahead to the airport so I could get the mission done faster and as soon as I got the prompt to go to the airport the mission failed and said the coke was destroyed even though I hadn't done anything yet.

The game is fixed I tells ya!

Do you wear a tinfoil hat?

Controls freezing - never heard of that one but I'm wondering if someone was causing a bit of lag.  I've had that in missions where someone is lagging and I momentarily can't do anything.

Crashed by itself - sure someone didn't snipe it or shoot the rear rotor?  Done this mysle fwhen I've been lumbered with a bunch of Rambo's and told them it's a glitch and to start again.  Never been kicked of busted yet for doing it.

LS Connection - do as the mission prompts tell you.  Jumping the gun is just asking for problems, especially the way the game is at the moment.

However, all these seem to be freak occurances so I doubt it is Rockstar fixing the game to fail. :panic:

fiebru787
  • fiebru787

Trick

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Today playing rr: first we all spawn at BC,then the host try to kill me for no reason the other player crash his mw mesa to save me. Went going to the garage all the road the player that save me and i was crash his mesa. At the end of the story he kill the 2 players but a profecional kill him and i end the mission

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by budcat, 22 June 2014 - 08:06 PM.

I have definitely gotten a "the coke was destroyed" message on LS Connection right after the laptop was hacked. The game fails on many missions for strange reasons.

mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

Buttered Toast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

I have definitely gotten a "the coke was destroyed" message on LS Connection right after the laptop was hacked. The game fails on many missions for strange reasons.

Or how about failing a mission because "an enemy was killed". I can't even come up with a possible scenario for why that message would even be in there!

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Or how about failing a mission because "an enemy was killed". I can't even come up with a possible scenario for why that message would even be in there!

I've had that one before. Just makes you think WTF?????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users