132 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Just because they play the same game as you doesn't mean they'll have the same skills as you (not saying you're a pro at it either)

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

This is the main reason I think heists will be annoying. If people can't even get through Lesters Satellite Communications mission half the time then just imagine how fun heists will be!

Some people need to just stay in their tanks in free roam.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I don't care if my teammates are idiots because the majority of the time, I can handle a job alone. The only time I get pissed about them is when I'm waiting for them to lose the cops so that we can progress with the mission. (Goddamn I hate Docks to Stocks)

I stopped caring about my teammates blowing up essential mission elements like documents and whatever else as well since I know it happens. I do it sometimes by accident as well.

What I absolutely cannot tolerate though, is if one of my teammates just stands there idly, and does nothing. In Coveted especially this was a problem. The best solution I've found for it though, as well as the most entertaining, was to simply take the Cargobob and flatten them to death constantly until we ran out of lives. Either that or run them over. Thankfully after the update this hasn't been a problem so far.

Washuchan
  • Washuchan

Neko jetpack assault squad

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

This is why I am looking forward to the PC version, I will be looking for a decent crew and we can jump in vent and do things with a degree of coordination.

Because I swear I would be better off with a mentally disabled monkey helping me with missions at the moment, I have met a few good people who who know what they are doing and I love it when I get those players but most of the time I end up having to do all the heavy lifting if I want to pass the mission.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

What I absolutely cannot tolerate though, is if one of my teammates just stands there idly, and does nothing. In Coveted especially this was a problem. The best solution I've found for it though, as well as the most entertaining, was to simply take the Cargobob and flatten them to death constantly until we ran out of lives. Either that or run them over. Thankfully after the update this hasn't been a problem so far.

Well Noob it was widely discussed here that when grinding coveted it was perfectly acceptable to take a run off and take a pee, beer, smoke break etc......

You must have missed the memo! Why did you need so much help anyways?

Extra players never made Coveted faster it was the perfect mission to take a break and earn $18k

• MightyLA likes this

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

People seem a lot more capable in free roam.

My guess to as why this is the case is because most players are more familiar with driving on land with super cars, rather than flying or driving a commercial truck. Almost every race is done in the super-class, and everyone owns at least one super car that they tend to drive around in, so it's only natural that they'd be more accustomed to it. Put them in a freight truck, cargobob, or stunt plane and it's like operating a rocket ship.

As for gunfighting, I've no explaination. NPC's are retarded; there's almost no reason to die to them unless your bugged or ambushed.

• Twin Turbo likes this

Reptile_Dysfunction
  • Reptile_Dysfunction

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

My friend actually had a terrible moment in a mission once.  We're doing Base Invaders and before we started it he saw me doing barrel rolls in a plane.  So he decided to try it with Ron's plane.  Immediately after we take off he spins upside down and nose dives into the ground.  It was friggen' hilarious.

DanTFC
  • DanTFC

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:31 PM Edited by DanTFC, 21 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Rooftop rumble is to blame. People grind this simple, easy, quick, high payout mission all the time. If they join a multi stage mission like the los santos connection they are lost.

people dont know how to do RR... the amount of times document has been blown up is stupid.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Well Noob it was widely discussed here that when grinding coveted it was perfectly acceptable to take a run off and take a pee, beer, smoke break etc......

You must have missed the memo! Why did you need so much help anyways?

Extra players never made Coveted faster it was the perfect mission to take a break and earn $18k

Acceptable to you perhaps, but not to me. Are you actually upset that you have to do work in order to not get attacked? How tragic.

I've never stated that I needed help either. Rather, I take in extra players because contrary to what you believe, It does indeed make it quicker even if by a few seconds.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

If I can, I just do the missions alone - they're all easy, and other players just seem to cock things up.
  • am30 likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Most are those who suffer from CoD dementia. They only have enough brains to point and shoot at others. They don't have enough brains or common sense to follow directions or how to be tactful.

All the free roaming knobs here with the "I do what I want, when I want" attitude can't be bothered to follow directions or an objective. This is why the mission part of GTA is such a problem.

Also, those crappy mission players have obviously not played single player or any other GTA in the past. Sharing an environment with these people will never end well.
  • ten-a-penny, am30 and rockstarfanboy1987 like this

univ69
  • univ69

Godzilla flyin' on a Pegasaurus

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

What annoys me most is motherf*ckers who join a mission and just f*cking stand there. They don't move, don't do nothing. Never leave the starting point.

• Gay Tony likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

Stupid pathetic childish Tweens that think trolling & Pewdiepie is even remotely funny, simple as that.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

It does indeed make it quicker even if by a few seconds.

Impossible, you always had to wait for the Cargobob, from there its on the pilot. 

fiebru787
  • fiebru787

Soldier

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

I always hate the four trailer mission. They always destroy the trailer

am30
  • am30

is gta o still a thing?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Most are those who suffer from CoD dementia. They only have enough brains to point and shoot at others. They don't have enough brains or common sense to follow directions or how to be tactful.

All the free roaming knobs here with the "I do what I want, when I want" attitude can't be bothered to follow directions or an objective. This is why the mission part of GTA is such a problem.

Also, those crappy mission players have obviously not played single player or any other GTA in the past. Sharing an environment with these people will never end well.

Just wait until heists come out.  So many will fail and of course there will be thread upon thread about how the heists failing is all Rockstars fault and not the players.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by im_stoned, 21 June 2014 - 02:28 PM.

you guys think you're sooo much better than me. Well I got news for you ! You are ! and i'm not even mad. I play for fun I play for pleasure I love gta it's a tressure.

Look the only reason I run into gun fights like Rambo is due to the fact online takes forever to load so when the game starts i immediately start shooting sh*t but NEVER my teammates i'm not a cod f&ggot i don't troll that's for losers i mean......i troll people in virually every other aspect of life but videogames are not made for trolling it's purely for fun and relaxation which is why those slimy sleeze balls that calls themselves trolls piss me off.

They legit give me a taste of my own medicine and it tastes fowl.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Impossible, you always had to wait for the Cargobob, from there its on the pilot. 

Because running all the way down the hill alone, avoiding the array of bullets everywhere, and killing enough enemies to secure a safe flight for the fragile cargobob is more efficient than a team running the same job, right?

Sarcasm, if you cannot tell.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

was playing coveted and this dude started shooting at the pilot before he even got out damaging the cargobob :/

the thing was smoking before we even got it off the ground....luckily we made it to the drop off 

If I'm hosting the mission I usually kick people like that before they can do real damage.  

Or be a bitch and get to the plane first, land it safely away from the drop zone, then kick their @$$ out the mission.

Absolutely no reason why they should get paid for being no talent ass clowns IMO.  Do the same thing with survivor missions in wave 10

am30
  • am30

is gta o still a thing?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

was playing coveted and this dude started shooting at the pilot before he even got out damaging the cargobob :/

the thing was smoking before we even got it off the ground....luckily we made it to the drop off 

If I'm hosting the mission I usually kick people like that before they can do real damage.  

Or be a bitch and get to the plane first, land it safely away from the drop zone, then kick their @$$ out the mission.

Absolutely no reason why they should get paid for being no talent ass clowns IMO.  Do the same thing with survivor missions in wave 10

You can only do that if you have someone with you to do the same.

• PkUnzipper likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

You can only do that if you have someone with you to do the same.

yes. I know  :lol:

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

My friend actually had a terrible moment in a mission once.  We're doing Base Invaders and before we started it he saw me doing barrel rolls in a plane.  So he decided to try it with Ron's plane.  Immediately after we take off he spins upside down and nose dives into the ground.  It was friggen' hilarious.

We were playing with a new crew mate and I started Rons plane to trigger the lazers and got out. We waited for another to go away and call his buzzard. Noob, "Im pistol whipping this plane and now its smoking", I turn around to see flames coming out of Rons plane.  :lol:

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by watchclock, 21 June 2014 - 05:16 PM.

What annoys me most is motherf*ckers who join a mission and just f*cking stand there. They don't move, don't do nothing. Never leave the starting point.

Those, I'm sorry to say, I either run over, or attempt to run over.

Although I never do this unless it is obvious they are slacking.
  • tjor24 likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Missions I do alone or with friends, but team deathmatch... Oh boy. That sh*ts fun. Always carrying your team because they can't do sh*t. If the people did a little bit more thinking then run and gun gay cod style, we'd rape. But no, these people only have half a brain and don't understand how patience is key.I shouldn't be the one get 4 or 5 kd and them get a positive one if they're lucky...

Amiieey
  • Amiieey

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

When you need to get somewhere in a mission and someone else drives and they drive really poorly and it gets so bad to the point where you need to get out of the car and go get your own...
  • streetx1xracer likes this

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Agreed.
I was once doing RR with a 200 level-ish guy.
And then I got this message saying: "<level 200 guy> destroyed the document."

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Okay, the RR document being destroyed is an odd one... since when does shooting through a window cause a vehicle to explode??? R* is to blame for that failed logic.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Because running all the way down the hill alone, avoiding the array of bullets everywhere, and killing enough enemies to secure a safe flight for the fragile cargobob is more efficient than a team running the same job, right?

Sarcasm, if you cannot tell.

If you were getting shot going down the hill you were doing that wrong too, sounds like you needed the practice anyways!

You know there's a Granger halfway down the hill, you could kill the guy with a knife guarding it and drive down the hill to spawn the Cargobob. 

Fragile, the thing would take about a hundred hits, dont tell me you actually wasted time shooting guys by the container?

It's all changed now anyways, you'll never get to do the perfect run

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'm pretty patient with people. Everyone makes mistakes, but some people just irritate me. A guy over rank 100 who won't even play the mission, or he has no car, or does but too lazy to drive it, so he hitches a ride, then dies within ten seconds of firefight. Finally respawns and blows up objective. That's infuriating lol.

Those, I'm sorry to say, I either run over, or attempt to run over.

Although I never do this unless it is obvious they are slacking.
I'll honk and give them a little time. Then I just vote to kick.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

Because people spend more time mindless killing each other in freemode. FACT.

• am30 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users