How are people so bad at online missions

132 replies to this topic
MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

Maybe I'm just lucky but when I'm in a mission with randoms around 95% of the time the mission goes without a single problem.

• juicy_fun likes this

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

During a run of American Exports, a random almost destroyed the cargobob because he was trying to fly under the overpass to get the shipping container, despite me telling him to wait and that I'd bring it out into the open.

Last night playing Trash Talk, I gave a low level player a ride from the mission start to the helipad my buzzard was at, and he repaid me by stealing the buzzard and crashing into a telephone pole.

I'm just grateful Landing Gear has 3 planes to complete it with, because I can still pass the mission while watching everyone else crash and burn on the landing attempt.

Landing Gear can be a tricky approach if your not paying attention. I was playing it with friends a couple of months ago and one of my friends who's rank is in the 170's crashed the plane. I was following behind him and saw him crash into a pine tree. It was quite entertaining to watch.lol

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

During a run of American Exports, a random almost destroyed the cargobob because he was trying to fly under the overpass to get the shipping container, despite me telling him to wait and that I'd bring it out into the open.

Last night playing Trash Talk, I gave a low level player a ride from the mission start to the helipad my buzzard was at, and he repaid me by stealing the buzzard and crashing into a telephone pole.

I'm just grateful Landing Gear has 3 planes to complete it with, because I can still pass the mission while watching everyone else crash and burn on the landing attempt.

Landing Gear can be a tricky approach if your not paying attention. I was playing it with friends a couple of months ago and one of my friends who's rank is in the 170's crashed the plane. I was following behind him and saw him crash into a pine tree. It was quite entertaining to watch.lol

And that is why I always go for a Buzzard and give covering fire.  I've made the landing a few times but I hate doing it.

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Wolf Fanatic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

And that is why I always go for a Buzzard and give covering fire.  I've made the landing a few times but I hate doing it.

I don't mind if I fly a buzzard or a plane. I quite like the challenge of landing under the cranes. In free-roam I'll sometimes get my vestra out and land at the docks and it's a good laugh.

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

Stupid pathetic childish Tweens that think trolling & Pewdiepie is even remotely funny, simple as that.
  • ten-a-penny and Zorvaine like this

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Kids play the game. Either not paying attention, accident or multi tasking

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

like 75% of the missions that I take part in fail 

Its some moron who cant drive destroys the trailer

Blow up the vehicle that has a document/diamonds in it

cant land the titan

ive seen a guy land the titan in the desert instead of the landing strip... -_-

they're really not. 

they're really mission trolls.  Or completely n00b chipmunk squeakers who're finally forced to play missions, because their FM griefer habit is so damned expensive and they're low on cash to buy ammo

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

There you go folks. This just shows how people are gonna suck at heist. Cant wait for the R* F*ck you heist are to hard threads
The only thing i watch for pewdiepie is his mail time friday with pewds and walking dead and last of series other than that i dont watch his content.
  • PkUnzipper likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by elfoam, 21 June 2014 - 01:16 AM.

I've done landing gear so many times where nearly every plane has crashed. I don't understand the problem myself, I've never hit anything bringing a plane in there. I usually come in last though, slow and steady wins the race in that mission.

I'm really bad at death matches and captures compared to most of my freeroam public shootout friends but I'm almost always saving the day when they die in missions. It seems the two skills are not all that related.

garvdart
  • garvdart

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by garvdart, 21 June 2014 - 01:25 AM.

This is exactly why I do missions solo or with people I know aren't braindead. Same standard will fall on heists.

The fact that they're as moronic as can be in capture modes also makes me sigh. They have text at the bottom of their screen the whole game telling them what to do and they run in circles shooting everything that moves and then claiming that the capture mode sucks.

Unacceptable.  

That's the problem with raid/captures, they turn into a camping deathmatch, or a troll session like the one I hit the other day, join with two others, they start the airport capture, seriously captures/raids should be minimum 4 people.  So one camps there base while other goes after bags, I proceeded to camp my own area then they hitch in moan when they win but died 15x too my 3...

The problem with rooftop rumble is that the car with the documents is extremely fragile.  But this is easily avoided by using the smg or pistol.

Hack and dash some don't realise that the cops also follow noise so after initial gunfight flee the scene quietly don't drive in a straight line,  and hide.  Aka practice losing cops and not regaining stars after. This is known as the clean get away, which will be a needed skill in HEISTS. 

Think of the early missions as training wheels for the big time.  Gaining the necessary skills for success.

• A Maned Wolf likes this

mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

Ex-Cerberus Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 21 June 2014 - 01:26 AM.

GTA missions remind me very much like how Left 4 Dead turned out. In theory they're supposed to be team-based gameplay where everyone is working together towards a common goal and helping eachother out. Instead everyone's pretty much off doing their own thing without any strategy or planning and just rush through mindlessly.

Why the hell don't these people just play solo?

garvdart
  • garvdart

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by garvdart, 21 June 2014 - 01:26 AM.

I've done landing gear so many times where nearly every plane has crashed. I don't understand the problem myself, I've never hit anything bringing a plane in there. I usually come in last though, slow and steady wins the race in that mission.

I'm really bad at death matches and captures compared to most of my freeroam public shootout friends but I'm almost always saving the day when they die in missions. It seems the two skills are not all that related.

It's the Rambo effect of having unlimited lives vs limited number.  "Slow and steady wins missions, while guns blazing can sometimes win deathmatches, and free roams well look at my signature.

Deathmatch free roam skill only apply too gunfight, vs car chase getaways etc.

wh1t31v3y
  • wh1t31v3y

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:41 AM Edited by wh1t31v3y, 21 June 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Had a player "land" a Titan straight into the hanger at sandy shores airfield... Didn't end well. Pretty bad that I jumped cuz I knew what was coming
Last month or so I've only been doing missions with friends. Just sucks cuz I've met a few cool people joining through quick jobs in the past

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by Poohdini, 21 June 2014 - 01:55 AM.

was playing coveted and this dude started shooting at the pilot before he even got out damaging the cargobob :/

the thing was smoking before we even got it off the ground....luckily we made it to the drop off 

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

There just dumb c*nts.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by elfoam, 21 June 2014 - 01:50 AM.

Those freeroam shootout guys came in handy on the double money capture weekend though. I wouldn't have made half the six million I did without them. I had a couple of very strong players with me that weekend. Interestingly they are level 150-190 now and still haven't ever had enough money to buy a buzzard. Whenever we make money in missions now I send them my standard funny text "That'll buy you some more stickies".

I myself never buy stickies because it's cheaper to die :p.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

Anybody who works for a living already knows why people are so bad at missions. <sigh>

• manicmechanic71 likes this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

decided I would host an open potshot playlist and invite people from a random lobby last night to make late night grinding a little more interesting.
on the first play through a level 50 drove directly into the farm, tried to shoot the van, then panicked and sticky bombed it.  :( 
I have no idea why some people are so bad considering there is no challenge in the missions and they are really just fun 

• LittleB likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:55 AM Edited by elfoam, 21 June 2014 - 01:57 AM.

Some missions are pretty tough, I tried base invaders solo earlier today on hard without my buzzard and got owned. I think there's more guys spawning infinitely than there used to be. Or maybe just the guns being weaker in 1.14 made it harder.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

pisses me off when i play RR and some idiot just has to spray down the document car which causes it to blow up. FFS

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

not everyone is a pro, you know, there are people who only play one hour a week, and some of them have glitched their level so they can enjoy all the benefits of this game without any effort, this is why there are so many noobs at level 100+... you gotta live with that ;) I do not get angry about that anymore, I just leave the group so I can be sure that I will not play a mission with that person anymore

It doesn't take a pro to read the mission description, use common sense and basic combat tactics.

People who are not gamers and only play ocasionally do not even know the basic combat tactics, that's what I was trying to say with my last post.
It's hard to tell for someone who is used to gaming but should we pissed off because of that? I think as a gamer, you should be used to dealing with noobs aswell ;) Instead of raging, you can easily evade such situations by playing with people you know, hence the friends list.
I'm a rager myself but those people don't piss me off anymore. Just search another group, it's not that hard... Or try to explain him the mission or just tell him to leave the important stuff to you so he can watch&learn. If you see that the player does not listen to your instructions you can still leave (Sounds weird... I know... They can play however they want but the mission is there to be completed after all :D)

Just trying to make you understand these people...

I completely understand what you are getting at. I was referring to the higher level players that are just being dumbasses. I don't rage ever actually.

I did run across a level 60 player that didn't know how to fly a plane once. Like he didn't know the actual buttons to press to make it turn. I was like wtf.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

I played with a level 60 the other day also who literally couldn't keep a plane or chopper in the air.. He was just fine driving and shooting. I thought he was trolling me especially after we kept failing missions and he was sending me messages apologising, telling me sorry about this, I suck at flying..

It was only when I noticed he only had one bar of flying skill that he really really must dislike flying them.

I wonder if it was a simple problem like needing inverted switched on?.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Well opie, the real reason is that most players of this game are about as smart as a box of hammers.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I don't mind if I fly a buzzard or a plane. I quite like the challenge of landing under the cranes. In free-roam I'll sometimes get my vestra out and land at the docks and it's a good laugh.

It's being the last man standing I don't like.  All eyes on you, hero to zero time. :lol:

bisfhcrew
  • bisfhcrew

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:46 AM Edited by bisfhcrew, 21 June 2014 - 09:58 AM.

Many people didn't finish single player, so most of new players even don't know how to play. That's what I thinking.

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

I've started to just accept that missions will fail, hmm, around 30% of the time.  I don't get bent out of shape about it any longer.  I also used to refuse to work for other people if they just idle but I'm over that now too, I'll just do my thing and they can keep their ill-gotten gains.  I do get frustrated at people who lead you into believing they're doing the mission legitimately only to troll and fail or prevent a finish at the very end of the session.  I did this only once to a group of three people who waited for me to do an entire Rooftop Rumble solo.  I figured at that point they were my documents and I could do what I wanted with them :panic: !

The only thing that still sets me off is a chain of kicks from lobbies.  I've been kicked from lobbies up to six or seven times in a row.  That pisses me off most because it's a waste of my time and totally preventable.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Haeveeh Musheenguhn!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Irks me everytime when seeing level 100+ can't drive, can't shoot, can't fly, can't land, and can't read wtf he supposed to do in a mission.

Why the hell they're exist in this game...

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

cant land the titan

Land? I seen people crash before taking off
I would consider myself somewhat of a professional pilot. But then again I can't really compare because I only had 2-3 instances of someone coming after me in a jet (while I was in one). Idiots kept being desperate to kill me with lock on lol. Shot them down with cannons once they f*cked up giving me a straight shot at them. But even I would make a mistake occasionally.

But weather in gta isn't horrendous enough to crash because of. Especially since you have radar and visibility is never that terrible. Pop ins are a bitch sometimes though.

But my word of advice, if you know you can't fly a plane, don't fly at all. Especially since you have to learn to fly in campaign and they teach you how to.

Titus001
  • Titus001

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Rooftop rumble is to blame. People grind this simple, easy, quick, high payout mission all the time. If they join a multi stage mission like the los santos connection they are lost.

TheBhoys2011
  • TheBhoys2011

Deathmatch + Capture Creator

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

cant land the titan

Sometimes the sh*t hits the fan