How are people so bad at online missions

132 replies to this topic
x_CrazyBuns_x
  • x_CrazyBuns_x

Crazy Bunny Lady >_<"

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Some people might have other things they're good at, like life, their job, art, poetry, writing, acting, singing, driving, scuba diving, absailing, parachuting, bungee jumping, canoeing, rapiding, relationships, archery, sport, bingo etc. Not everyone can play games as well as people that spend over 3 hours a day on games. Just generalizing, not taking a shot either, I suck ass at times, driving I'm terrible but flying strangely I do pretty well. People weigh in differently naturally at different things, welcome to humanity.

• Nanabaum likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Bozzah, 20 June 2014 - 03:29 PM.

not everyone is a pro, you know, there are people who only play one hour a week, and some of them have glitched their level so they can enjoy all the benefits of this game without any effort, this is why there are so many noobs at level 100+... you gotta live with that ;) I do not get angry about that anymore, I just leave the group so I can be sure that I will not play a mission with that person anymore

It doesn't take a pro to read the mission description, use common sense and basic combat tactics.

People who are not gamers and only play ocasionally do not even know the basic combat tactics, that's what I was trying to say with my last post.

It's hard to tell for someone who is used to gaming but should we pissed off because of that? I think as a gamer, you should be used to dealing with noobs aswell ;) Instead of raging, you can easily evade such situations by playing with people you know, hence the friends list.

I'm a rager myself but those people don't piss me off anymore. Just search another group, it's not that hard... Or try to explain him the mission or just tell him to leave the important stuff to you so he can watch&learn. If you see that the player does not listen to your instructions you can still leave (Sounds weird... I know... They can play however they want but the mission is there to be completed after all :D)

Just trying to make you understand these people...

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

You've got to give people a chance.  it can be pretty frustrating but we were all at that stage at one point.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

LIke you've NEVER screwed up during a mission before? I've accidentally blown myself up countless times, blown up that damn Rooftop Rumble car several times to the point where I don't even shoot at the guy anymore from my car, etc. And some people don't know it all, sadly. It takes a bit to figure out that breaking into Fort Zancudo is pointless in Extradition, for example.

The thing that bothers me is say, the missions where you have to go somewhere and steal a truck. Someone goes in RPGs-a-blazin' and blows up the truck. Mission over. OK, fine. They might not know that you can't go in screaming with the heavy explosives. Restart. Then they do the exact same thing again. That's when I back the hell out of the mission. Have the ability to learn things.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Most of the friends I've made are from playing random missions with people I don't know. Some of them suck (we all did at some point) and some are really good. It's the nature of the beast. I always cut slack to low levels because of how bad I was when I first started. High-level players who suck at missions are always suspect to me. I think they're ether griefers or someone who didn't really earn their level legit. I'll still play with them and try to finish the mission but I always steer clear of them.

SkeptikAT
  • SkeptikAT

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Only reason I don't solo grind RR to 100 is because I don't wanna get spawn at Madrazos place at the start of every mission. It's easy enough to kill everyone...

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

Because people are so good at glitching and making heist threads.
  • am30 likes this

gfen
  • gfen

ham on the bone

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

I suspect alot of these people are familar with Rockstar's sister products, Grand Theft Martin's Documents Online and Grand Theft Cargobob Online, and as such have no idea how to do anything that isn't those two missions.

• Ermac, am30, henryborked and 3 others like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Funny you mention heists because i made a thread months about how bad Randy Random is at missions, that if you're not in a crew or have friends who play regularly, whenever heists do come out, you're f*cked.

Proper f*cked.

• henryborked and gfen like this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

For some reason, the people who are the worst at missions are the people with dreadlocks and neon coloured shorts and glasses. Das just gross.

No it's definitely the Pogo kids, but anyone in a mask is probably a risk

• Mr Fyn666 likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Funny you mention heists because i made a thread months about how bad Randy Random is at missions, that if you're not in a crew or have friends who play regularly, whenever heists do come out, you're f*cked.

Proper f*cked.

I've been saying this for ages.  I hope they're released before the mass exodus to next gen/current gen/new gen/it would have been quicker if I'd just written Xbone or PS4 gen.  Although they're not a big deal to me, I still want to give them a go.

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

like 75% of the missions that I take part in fail 

Its some moron who cant drive destroys the trailer
Blow up the vehicle that has a document/diamonds in it
cant land the titan

ive seen a guy land the titan in the desert instead of the landing strip... -_-

Land? I seen people crash before taking off
  • streetx1xracer likes this

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

This guy can relate:

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I once tipped the trailer when I crashed and me and two others spent about 10 minutes attempting to push it back up with our cars.

It was quite beautiful actually. No mics and we needed to stay in sync and drive into it at the same time.

Lesson: enjoy the adventure

I once lifted the trailer back up by wedging a Jester under it so my team mate could get the truck under it. One of my proudest moments in GTA, lmao. 

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by ktek01, 20 June 2014 - 08:19 PM.

How about these?

Extradition

Solo: Grab one of the jets waiting at Sandy Shores, shoot the Titan before it flies off, shoot the DA's limo, land the plane, grab the briefcase, fly to Madrazo's, make an easy $15k.

Group: Everyone rushes to get into Fort Zancudo (triggering the jets to take off from SS, now controlled by enemy NPCs) - if they don't get massacred by hordes of NPC soldiers, they'll be stuck in the base while the DA escapes. Mission failed.

...or:

Hack and Dash

Solo: Hack the keypad, grab a vehicle, either evade the police or go into hiding near the subway maintenance works until you lose your wanted level. Once you're clear, it's a short drive to Lester's drop-off - just grab the other vehicle, lose your wanted stars (easier the second time), and repeat. $12k profit, no effort.

Group: First moron spends hours on the hacking, while the others turn the compound into a recreation of the Alamo - assuming enough of them don't get shot to pieces, watch as the idiots spend hours driving around, unable to lose the police choppers (and often with a 4- or 5-star wanted level, having wasted time shooting at all the cops), until one invariably gets blown up. Mission failed - again.

Extradition, if they all run to the base just drive towards the gas station. There is a bend with a rock just before it. Stand on rock, snipe tail of Titan with heavy sniper and blow it up, only takes a few shots. Once they jump the fence it will trigger the DA, and you will be right there. I do this with new crew members so they can practice flying the jets without the pressure of mission outcome resting on their shoulders.

Hack and dash I used to just pull both vehicles out of the garage and die. Respawn, no wanted level when I grabbed either one,  as long as you pulled both out before you die

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

A lot of people do this on purpose.

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

People seem a lot more capable in free roam.

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:34 PM Edited by J_L_K_64, 20 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

i guess i'm easily adaptable, but i like playing random contact missions with random people, sure half the time the mission fails, but more often than not the person who f*cked it up either leaves or learns, if neither happens then someone usually takes them out at the begining of the next mission and the rest of us will get the job done

admitedly i only play for a couple hours each day, and make between 100k-200k in those hours, but im really just doing it for fun, not for rp or money

if a mission fails for me more than 3 times i just exit out and start over again, no skin off my nose or anything

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by MajorVienna, 20 June 2014 - 08:41 PM.

I like it when everyone else dies and I bring it home single handed like a champ.
I make sure I get to the garage first in RR then shoot once to set off the enemies and let them mow down everyone else. It's for their own good.
  • Twin Turbo likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

There are a lot of missions I've never played before.

If I stick back and maybe kill 2 or 3 enemies but I don't die, it means it was my first time doing that mission. So just be happy I didn't cost you a team life.

I've been playing since October 1st, by the way.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

cant land the titan

Same here, man... -_- Especially in RR and Coveted

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 20 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

not everyone is a pro, you know, there are people who only play one hour a week, and some of them have glitched their level so they can enjoy all the benefits of this game without any effort, this is why there are so many noobs at level 100+... you gotta live with that ;) I do not get angry about that anymore, I just leave the group so I can be sure that I will not play a mission with that person anymore. 

you can blame them for the loss but you should not insult them if they simply do not how to play the game, you were bad at a certain time, too, keep that in mind.
if they do it on purpose, it's a completely different situation ;)

I don't think it's fair to assume that everyone starts off bad lol, but now is a good time to make some distinctions:

-a natural player: will succeed within a few tries or even the very first try, even when attempting new challenges. Just has a knack for it

-a good player: has learned from experience and/or practice and will succeed more often than not

-a bad player: less than good (duh lol). Does not have as much skill as a good player, but is more than likely capable of becoming one if given the time

-an idiot: doesn't know what's goin on. Not too concerned with it either. Could potentially suck or be super skilled. Who knows. Will never stop making the same mistakes long enough to find out.

-a troll: seeks mayhem, mischief. Little regard for etiquette or objectives. Intentionally Being such a player is a decision that's made with no relevance to skill; however most people view skilled players that troll as the worst of their kind, given that they "know better" -.- lol.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

They don't read the objective that's why. They just see a blip on the radar and off they go with their little mindless minds.
  • im_stoned likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 20 June 2014 - 09:32 PM.

cant land the titan

12 year olds. That's my diagnosis.

Sounds like a common case of the "tryna-complete-this-mission-but-these-damn-kids-keep-ruining-everything-itis."

It has a mortality rate of 75%. In other words studies have shown that 3 out of every 4 players are bound to rage quit. And your probably next...

I'm sorry for your loss.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by saintsrow, 20 June 2014 - 09:40 PM.

Doing anything online with randoms is almost always a disappointment.  That should have been obvious to Rockstar from observations of GTA IV multiplayer, and they should have designed GTA0 with more structure and more intrinsic culture.  Where is the bold new direction?  

The solution to all the above problems is to do missions solo.  That is basically like the advice to play Invite Only, that is given to people who don't like getting killed in free-roam while minding their own business.  

Szybk0war
  • Szybk0war

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Best two muppets I've seen and played with I've encountered doing Rooftop Rumble. Both way over rank 100. One ran me over they collected the documents, f*cker with the documents went somewhere, for f*ck knows what reason and as he came back and tried to deliver it the other one was blocking the gate. This whole thing took probably 7 or 8 minutes before the guy with the documents figured out, he can get out of his car, jump over the other car and just finish the mission. Coveted was just a mission where people always tried to rush things. Kill the first guy, jump in the Jeep drive down, die within the first 5 seconds. Trolls, people who got bored, people who don't care and noobs, nothing more, nothing less.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Doing anything online with randoms is almost always a disappointment.  That should have been obvious to Rockstar from observations of GTA IV multiplayer, and they should have designed GTA0 with more structure and more intrinsic culture.  Where is the bold new direction?  

The solution to all the above problems is to do missions solo.  That is basically like the advice to play Invite Only, that is given to people who don't like getting killed in free-roam while minding their own business.  

The big selling point of the game was the co-op nature of it.  Sadly the trigger happy and juvenile nature of a lot of players prevents this from being realised.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

The big selling point of the game was the co-op nature of it.  Sadly the trigger happy and juvenile nature of a lot of players prevents this from being realised.

I'm sure it's great fun if you have friends on all the time ,  but you just cant play with randoms anymore

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm sure it's great fun if you have friends on all the time ,  but you just cant play with randoms anymore

Sadly this is true though you do occasionally encounter decent randoms in missions who stick around for a while, but not as often as it should happen.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by DJ Kornphlake, 20 June 2014 - 10:59 PM.

During a run of American Exports, a random almost destroyed the cargobob because he was trying to fly under the overpass to get the shipping container, despite me telling him to wait and that I'd bring it out into the open.

Last night playing Trash Talk, I gave a low level player a ride from the mission start to the helipad my buzzard was at, and he repaid me by stealing the buzzard and crashing into a telephone pole.

I'm just grateful Landing Gear has 3 planes to complete it with, because I can still pass the mission while watching everyone else crash and burn on the landing attempt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users