Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will R* Improve Car Physics on Current gen. Consoles?

59 replies to this topic
NikkoM
  • NikkoM

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

PC will have better car physics I heard. But will Rockstar improve the car physics and damages on PS3, Xbox 360? I really hope they make an update for this, will they?

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

I don't think so.

Technical limitations I guess.

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

(new physical model) no,not really

damages (better dent) yes i think

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I doubt it, after the PC/PS4/XB1 version is released, the last gen versions will cease to exist in R* eyes. They'll move with the new hardware and that will be their focus IMO.

Although as I write this I doubt support for the last gen will completely cease, but they will not get any updates/features the current gen version will, it won't work backwards like that because of you guessed it "hardware limitations".

• FANTOMTRON likes this

RDL
  • RDL

High Roller

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

What's wrong with the current physics?

• lizardman563, IDAS Leader and Lowi like this

NikkoM
  • NikkoM

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

By physics, I mean damages and dents.

• Donut likes this

KidInTheHall
  • KidInTheHall

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

The driving sucks.

• suicidehummer, -inVADER-, RolfStarGames and 3 others like this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

The driving sucks sh!t through a straw and swallows!

The question you really need to ask OP, is whether R* will include a "realistic handling" in the options menu along with "arcade handling" in the new generation release. I suspect they're not really going to give much attention to 360/PS3 updates from now on.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 21 June 2014 - 03:20 AM.

I'm playing Ballad of Gay Tony, and I don't see the hype behind IV driving physics. Isn't the top speed in IV like 90 mph? I mean, you f*cking lose control of your vehicle while doing 20 mph around a curve. On grass, you f*cking spin out as if you're three inches deep in sh*t. They are boats on wheels. Don't get me started on the motorcycles. What motorcycle requires you to put your entire weight on one side to turn slightly? V physics were made to be fun and to be easy. Each have their own handling and it depends of which protagonist you are playing as. It has it's flaws like being able to scale a mountain in a sports car, but V driving gets too much sh*t. I find it fun as hell weaving in and out of traffic with Frank's special ability. I do, however, hope to see IV's vehicle damaging.
  • lizardman563, Jeone and Trevorphilipjfry like this

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

The driving is awesome in GTA V for me.

Anyway, the physics may be enhanced on the PS4 and XB1 as well.

• davetopper, IDAS Leader and Lowi like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Maybe a few tweaks, but probably no major changes.

I don't think so.

Technical limitations I guess.

People have modded the damage/physics system to make cars extremely "destructible." The game still runs fine(well, the same it usually does), so that is not the problem.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

This is a port; not a made-from-scratch GTA here... aside from a better resolution and a few visual enhancements, don't expect much.

• Bozzah likes this

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

I hope ,you are rhetorical !

• RolfStarGames likes this

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

I'm playing Ballad of Gay Tony, and I don't see the hype behind IV driving physics. Isn't the top speed in IV like 90 mph? I mean, you f*cking lose control of your vehicle while doing 20 mph around a curve. On grass, you f*cking spin out as if you're three inches deep in sh*t. They are boats on wheels. Don't get me started on the motorcycles. What motorcycle requires you to put your entire weight on one side to turn slightly? V physics were made to be fun and to be easy. Each have their own handling and it depends of which protagonist you are playing as. It has it's flaws like being able to scale a mountain in a sports car, but V driving gets too much sh*t. I find it fun as hell weaving in and out of traffic with Frank's special ability. I do, however, hope to see IV's vehicle damaging.

Compared to V, IV driving is much better, but still far from perfect.

V vehicle damage is actually better in terms of deformation, dents and scratches, but every car is really resistant now, it takes some time to destroy them properly :^:

This is a port; not a made-from-scratch GTA here... aside from a better resolution and a few visual enhancements, don't expect much.

It's not a port.

Im not getting my hopes up, but R* said they taking full advantage of new hardware on current generation consoles, so we can expect a little bit more than just bigger textures.

For now we know about:

- detailed interiors in cars with working dash,

- new wildlife,

Graphical and technical improvements:

- Increased draw distances,

- finer texture details,

- denser traffic,

- enhanced resolutions

- upgraded weather and damage effects

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

I've gotten used to the driving but the damage still majorly pisses me off. I really hope they make it better in CG/PC versions. 

All we can do is pray. 

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 21 June 2014 - 11:30 AM.

R* learned how to better use the PS3/360 hardware, and that gave us downgraded physics? That doesn't make sense. 

It's a design decision, not a limitation. Why would R* change it back? More people like it now. One of the main problems with GTA IV was most people couldn't get the hang of driving. Call them casual or whatever. R* doesn't make challenging games. If something is too hard, it's a mistake on their part. That's how they see it. To them, they fixed the problem. When you look at youtube videos of GTA V, it's clear they fixed the problem. Every poll you will ever find on the subject proves they fixed the problem.  

R* has some amazing proprietary technology and they're deliberately dumbing it down to please the masses, but I do understand their reasoning. The franchise is too big to only please a few. I would be more upset, but I kinda like it. It's not deep, but it works perfectly. 

Imagine you're R*. You already released your game and now the fans are making videos. "Yay, free advertising!" Which of these videos will do a better job of increasing sales?

OR

It's not a trick question and you can choose to have whatever opinion you want, but the answer is obvious. I tried to find a better GTA IV video, but I'm guessing they don't exist. If it's not a high production "action scene", it just doesn't look as exciting as V. The popular "Mt Chiliad Police Chase" video is just some guy playing on a console. Anybody can do that, and R* sees that as a major accomplishment. 

And for the people who still don't know, there is good damage physics in GTA V. It just takes longer. Again, it's a design decision. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• visionist, Lowi, Bozzah and 1 other like this

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by TheTruthOnly, 21 June 2014 - 11:53 AM.

@up

edit:

@BlackNoise oh, sorry I missed that sentence

• uNi and RolfStarGames like this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

@up

I tried to find a better GTA IV video, but I'm guessing they don't exist. If it's not a high production "action scene", it just doesn't look as exciting as V.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Sig says it all. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

That video was pretty fun to watch.

Do the police in the GTA V video have any concept of self preservation, Lemming Cops much? I mean launching yourself down a mountain is hardly preserving yourself.

Cheers.

• visionist likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Lose control? Dude, the cars have f*cking stability control and counter-steering is SO f*ckING EASY. How the f*ck can you lose control at low speed?

The Comet can go 190KM/H, which is the max speed of the Entity in V.

• P2FX likes this

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

How could someone find V's driving "fun"? It's boring as sh*t.

• RolfStarGames likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:57 PM Edited by B Dawg, 21 June 2014 - 07:59 PM.

R* doesn't make challenging games.

GTA III? VC? SA? They've turned into corporate pussies. Anyone who listens to LCHC hates them!

They could have made easy money even by pleasing old GTA fans, but nope. They didn't even try one bit, and made a new fifth era of GTA full of bullsh*t.

• jeanrjm likes this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Get in a car and go against a train a few times, try and sandwich your car against a bit of wall and get slammed by the train, and you'll see how mould your car gets.

In V cars can smashed up a lot more but it just takes more time as blacknoise said.

It's extremely detailed different weapons produce different dents, kinves produce a different dent compared to a bat etc. And more performance damage was introduced, like dragging tyres, slower transmission reduced acceleration and so on.

If cars got deformed as easily as IV everyone would complain as the tyres would constantly drag from just slight taps.

Both games have good damage models.
  • Scaglietti likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 22 June 2014 - 12:34 AM.

R* doesn't make challenging games.

GTA III? VC? SA? They've turned into corporate pussies. Anyone who listens to LCHC hates them!

They could have made easy money even by pleasing old GTA fans, but nope. They didn't even try one bit, and made a new fifth era of GTA full of bullsh*t.

You're probably right, but I remember that time after IV released and a lot of fans were talking about how they were done with GTA if it continued down that route. And let me alter my statement about R* and challenging games. I thought MP3 was challenging, and I agree the 3D era had more challenge, but it was usually just a few missions. Those missions stood out, similar to how the driving in IV did. It was just a few challenging things in the middle of a mostly casual experience. Like Zero's missions or any RC mission(Demolition Man!!!) in any GTA or that stupid train mission in SA. And in some cases when you go back and play certain missions, you realize it was just poor mechanics or level design. 

I would bet money the police will be the next thing R* will change along with the helicopters. They try stuff, and then people say it's too difficult and it get's easier, but sometimes better. Their fanbase is so huge, they probably get more complaints than any other developer about the same sh*t, over and over again. I use to be against it, but maybe R* should just start doing difficulty settings. GTA is too popular to just completely change important features so drastically with every game because of complaints.

I hope to see something like this in future games...

AMyTTl.jpg

It's makes too much sense for GTA to be a more custom experience. We all play it in our own way. 

• B Dawg likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

I mean, you f*cking lose control of your vehicle while doing 20 mph around a curve.

I gave up on your rant around here. Either you have the tendency to really over-exaggerate, or you're a knob who probably drove like a dickhead 24/7 (speeding around, not braking, crashing) with no skill whatsoever.

As far as physics go, I doubt Rockstar will alter them at all. The reason the physics are the way they are now is because they wanted them to be that way. It has nothing to do with limitations. They just listened to all of the senseless, childish, over-exaggerating bullsh*t that you lot posted pre-release.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

I mean, you f*cking lose control of your vehicle while doing 20 mph around a curve.

I gave up on your rant around here. Either you have the tendency to really over-exaggerate, or you're a knob who probably drove like a dickhead 24/7 (speeding around, not braking, crashing) with no skill whatsoever.

As far as physics go, I doubt Rockstar will alter them at all. The reason the physics are the way they are now is because they wanted them to be that way. It has nothing to do with limitations. They just listened to all of the senseless, childish, over-exaggerating bullsh*t that you lot posted pre-release.
LOL. Way to use petty insults as your argument. Face it. The only people who bitch about the handling are the little elitist kiddies on this forum who think they're superior because they've mastered something a majority of fans don't like. IV physics would make V annoying as f*ck. Not everybody enjoys driving slow, applying the breaks, turning around the curve in a sensible fashion, and then continue. I thank god that R* threw PC gamers a bone. Hopefully there won't be anymore bitching.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 22 June 2014 - 01:33 AM.

As much as I liked IV's driving, you have a point. 

This video sums it up nicely. Jump to minute 1:30 to see what I'm talking about. The further I get away from GTA IV, the more I realize how ridiculous it is to have something that deep in an open world action game. 

One simple mistake and it's over.  :lol:

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

I hate the phrase dumbing down, because it's been used to describe skyrim and GTA V too.

I enjoyed both a lot? Does that mean I'm stupid? I don't think so.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 22 June 2014 - 07:51 AM.

Yeah, I wouldn't take it to too literally. It's just the perfect word to describe downgrading(challenge/depth) to please the masses. And it doesn't make you stupid, just because you like it. I'm not saying the driving in V is dumb or stupid, but it's simple. It's still fun though, and I like it.

I had to...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users