Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why dont R* bring in paid character change?

43 replies to this topic
SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

I too have been playing since October last year and I recall being presented 3 times with an option to change my characters appearance. Didn't this include gender as well?

I've only had it once per character at the start, and on one occasion after an update, but yeah.

If you missed it, kind of bummed now though.

If they add new stuff to that screen, I'd suspect we'll get another chance again though.

jarz85
  • jarz85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

I too have been playing since October last year and I recall being presented 3 times with an option to change my characters appearance. Didn't this include gender as well?

I had it once on my female character when she was level 30, didn't think much of it at the time.  I have had it come up 3 times on my male character!  But not again on the girl :( 

• Aronius_M likes this

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

It was most likely closed because in the patch notes it said that they patched the ability to do so.

If you can test it and it works send a PM to the mod who locked it and tell them that it still works they will unlock it.

Tested it earlier tonight and still works. No extra steps or anything.

Also, for those wondering, anything you buy as a certain gender stays purchased. Say you went from male to female and had all the clothes for male bought, if you go back to male they'll all still be there.

• supanaut likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:43 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 20 June 2014 - 06:45 AM.

-------------------------------

I've only had it once per character at the start, and on one occasion after an update, but yeah.

If you missed it, kind of bummed now though.

If they add new stuff to that screen, I'd suspect we'll get another chance again though.

I had it once on my female character when she was level 30, didn't think much of it at the time.  I have had it come up 3 times on my male character!  But not again on the girl :(

Yup, We were only given one chance to change our characters appearance and that was after the 1.06 update.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Probably to hide how awful the character creator is. No matter the reason, I want it in. Maybe pay 500$-5,000$ to change your character.

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:39 AM Edited by DrewFly123, 20 June 2014 - 07:43 AM.

There was a glitch before 1.14 that could be used to max your stats and/or change your characters appearance/gender. I doubt most legits here would know of it though, As they somehow seem to believe that every glitch is somehow unfair too them because most of them are too f*cking dumb to know how to do it.

Edit: Apparently it still works and Rockstar only claims it was patched, Get on that OP before it's patched for good.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Yea it's weird Rockstar don't look for money at something that's obviously more useful like this. What's worse is that they don't even have this feature currently.

jarz85
  • jarz85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

The glitch still works!  I had to play around with the steps a bit, but it worked!  My chick is now a guy!!! WOOHOO

jarz85
  • jarz85

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Before:

25stwgh.jpg

After:

flerf7.jpg

tommyboy9413
  • tommyboy9413

Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm also hoping they let us buy additional license plates (I know most people would want that for free - but if everyone had it for free there would be none left)

I want Liberty City Plates.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Before:

25stwgh.jpg

After:

flerf7.jpg

Congratulations. You are now the opposite gender. The miracles of plastic surgery, friend..

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

There's a glitch that allows you to keep all your stuff and change genders. It's not patched.

HerFavColor
  • HerFavColor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

Character customization is far more superior in Saints Row 2, 3 & 4.

Absolutely!  Rockstar needs to take a page out of their book and just add a plastic surgery option/shop, and just charge people GTA cash for changing their characters. An ideal price would be $1-5k but knowing Rockstar they'll charge like $30-50k

Epsilon_Program
  • Epsilon_Program

KIFFLOM

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

$25 for character change? and I thought Rockstar/EA were bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users