Photo

Freeaim is a Ghost town.

154 replies to this topic
AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 20 June 2014 - 12:26 AM.

This morning i've noticed when you try to join a new session, there is no players around in freeaim and it's still happening right now.

Only time i ever was able to join a lobby is with the crew and friends and if i'm lucky enough, i'll come upon one room with one or two people that aren't my friends/crew.

Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? 

This was this morning and it seems others are experiencing it https://support.rock...Can-t-find-any-

• Danny-Vain, Iroquois and Heavymind like this

Heavymind
  • Heavymind

ELΞVΛTƎ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by Heavymind, 20 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Yeah. I like free-aim as much as I like playing on auto-aim and I wish they were both equally populated.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

So what does one have to do in order to get into free aim? Change the option in singleplayer before joining online?

If so I bet millions of people are not even aware it exists.

• Schweppez, coach_wargo, NudasPriest and 8 others like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

So what does one have to do in order to get into free aim? Change the option in singleplayer before joining online?

haha. if thats true, i'd be laughing right now. 

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

haha. if thats true, i'd be laughing right now. 

Yes it's true. Too bad more people don't play it. I only really have a problem when joining jobs though. Free mode tends to be semi full for me
  • NudasPriest likes this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

It's hit or miss I find.  Same for auto-aim, but to a slightly lesser extent.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

I'm positive that's the case, unfortunately. :p

I only do stunts in invite only sessions so I barely use guns but you need to get the word out to people.

It sounds like something every one of those notorious youtubers should promote instead of saying "don't forget to subscribe" repeatedly 111 times throughout the video.

• NudasPriest likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 20 June 2014 - 12:31 AM.

I'm supposing everyone ran to autoaim because they're too scared of freeaim lol. thats some serious sh*t there. 

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by brose_sfr, 20 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

i wouldn't want to play with people that want to play FA, but never thought to look in the settings, or ask a friend, or have a friend for that matter.

I'm guessing most people play what their friends are playing, & just run with it.

FA solution: make friends.

--

...if only there was some sort of forum, or a Social Club for people to meet!
  • uNi and Katve like this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

I switched back to auto aim on 1.13 just for the sake of having more players in a lobby 

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

i wouldn't want to play with people that want to play FA, but never thought to look in the settings, or ask a friend, or have a friend for that matter.

I'm guessing most people play what their friends are playing, & just run with it.

FA solution: make friends.

--

...if only there was some sort of forum, or a Social Club for people to meet!

Maybe not so much no. But it sure as hell would be fun to play against them :D

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

auto aim has no reason to exist in a multiplayer shooting game. R* is delusional 

• Danny-Vain, Schweppez, Iroquois and 11 others like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, try using Traditional Aim for now. 

Also, there's been a few topics on this already. 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'm supposing everyone ran to autoaim because they're too scared of freeaim lol. thats some serious sh*t there. 

free aim isn't difficult to anyone with a working pair of eyes.

• TheIllaDopest, who-dat, Mr. Crowley and 2 others like this

Samuel Howitzer
  • Samuel Howitzer

Son of Jack Howitzer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

Wait theres a free aim mode?

• MilezDawg and brose_sfr like this

zimbambazibimbamba
  • zimbambazibimbamba

zibinho

• BUSTED!
  • Botswana

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

that's what we are talking about since 1.14 patch released.I don't like it but I had to switch it to auto aim.

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Prankster

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

At a huge risk that I will get laughed at for this I must admit I didnt know there was this auto aim and free aim. I thought it was just hold the aim button half down for free aim and fully down for auto aim???  Ive been playing online since 2nd of October so I'll will look into this when I next play.

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by MajorVienna, 20 June 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Yeah not many people know there's other 'universes' for the other aim types.
I went there a while back and yeah it was always a ghost town. I would play free aim if more people did.
All in all though, I KNOW that I'm a good aim, I just can't be bothered, so me using auto aim is me just flashing my VIP pass.
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

I switched back to auto aim on 1.13 just for the sake of having more players in a lobby 

quit switching it. it's gonna make freeaim extinct! D: 

• hentai_posse likes this

FourTwoZero
  • FourTwoZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

At a huge risk that I will get laughed at for this I must admit I didnt know there was this auto aim and free aim. I thought it was just hold the aim button half down for free aim and fully down for auto aim???  Ive been playing online since 2nd of October so I'll will look into this when I next play.

You have to change your settings to free aim in sp before going online to get in free aim lobbies, if you dont change it its auto aim by default. This is just rediculous that players refuse to take the training wheels off. Everyone is playing auto aim on here and core in battlefield. Games nowadays are catered to casuals. In a few months free aim will be non existant, just like how hardcore servers on bf are almost non existant.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:24 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 20 June 2014 - 02:24 AM.

I use auto aim because there is no one playing free aim. We need Rockstar to release a new DLC Pack and make a key feature: "Added Free Aim". Even though it's been there.

I bet half of the GTA Online population doesn't even know Free Aim exists.
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by MilezDawg, 20 June 2014 - 03:00 AM.

I like auto aim to funk around in free roam, but if Im playing missions it's free aim "fo dat xtra RPEE
It does seem like the auto aim lobbies have more players, I stay in AA to race, parachute, etc. GTA4 and RDR online the free aim lobbies were always full, better match making ?

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Went into free aim for the fourth or fifth time two weeks ago.. found a lobby with 3 people in it.  Tried some missions through the quick contact on the phone... nothing. Empty mission lobbies.  Started my own RR missions and invited people... nobody ever showed up.

It always seems to be that way when I go there :(  Wish R* could find some balance between the two modes of play.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

I use free aim but I really hate it. The only reason I use it is because, according to this forum, free aim is a much friendlier place. I've yet to find anyone to test this theory out on.

• UchihaRingo likes this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

I could only play with one other person tonight on free aim. Matchmaking is effed up. 

• watchclock and AlexSniperBullet like this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

auto aim has no reason to exist in a multiplayer shooting game. R* is delusional

Lol what.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:42 AM Edited by watchclock, 20 June 2014 - 03:42 AM.

There is something going on cause free aim is totally empty, which hasn't happened before

I could only play with one other person tonight on free aim. Matchmaking is effed up. 

Same here. For me I was in a session on my own for a bit and then someone else arrived, then ten minutes later another, but whenever I join it's empty. I hope this isn't permanent because auto-aim is totally uninteresting for me!

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

Any ps3 free Aimee's feel free to add me, JayDiesle
  • marco-polo likes this

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Prankster

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

You have to change your settings to free aim in sp before going online to get in free aim lobbies, if you dont change it its auto aim by default. This is just rediculous that players refuse to take the training wheels off. Everyone is playing auto aim on here and core in battlefield. Games nowadays are catered to casuals. In a few months free aim will be non existant, just like how hardcore servers on bf are almost non existant.

Thanks for this, Ill be online shortly so I'll give this a go. Should be interesting, im terrible in auto aim hahahaha

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by Tacts_21, 20 June 2014 - 06:29 AM.

Crying to Rockstar; what are you trying to achieve through your "question" ?

• UnicornAssassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users