Photo

3rd garage/apartment?

170 replies to this topic
theicide
  • theicide

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by theicide, 20 June 2014 - 09:39 AM.

If I were Rockstar and want to keep Cash Card sales on the top, I wouldn't give you 3rd garage.

Why?

So you'll be forced to sell your cars in order to keep other cars you wanna try.

Remember, when you're selling your vehicle, the amount of money you get back will never cover up the amount you spent for the vehicle purchase (if purchased) + mods

The only time I bought a cash card was when they added the 2nd garage option. If they give us a 3rd garage. I will gladly buy another cash card to fill it. I currently have 40 cars between my 2 characters and want to add many more. I love cars. That is my favorite part about this game. If I had the space I would get all 7 of the new dlc cars. But decided to only sell 3 for my favorite 3 of the new dlc cars. After selling 3 cars it doesn't take long to grind enough money to replace them. Rockstar could be selling allot more cash cards if we could buy as many garages and cars as we want.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

If I were Rockstar and want to keep Cash Card sales on the top, I wouldn't give you 3rd garage.

Why?

So you'll be forced to sell your cars in order to keep other cars you wanna try.

Remember, when you're selling your vehicle, the amount of money you get back will never cover up the amount you spent for the vehicle purchase (if purchased) + mods

Yeah, but if you could have more garages, you'd spend even more money filling them up and upgrading the cars.  Not to mention the cost of buying the new apartments/garages.

Heists
  • Heists

Do you have the Need For Speed?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by tfroam, 20 June 2014 - 10:05 AM.

How about you don't glitch or grind especially glitch. Then you won't be in the situation for more garage space in the first place.

Simples 

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Why?

So instead of letting players spend more money on property (more cash card sales) so they can spend more money on cars (more cash card sales), they would rather prevent players from buying more properties (less cash card sales) and force them to sell their existing cars for extra cash (less cash card sales) so they can buy new cars? 

Hard to explain. When you have a full 10 car garage and you have other 20 vehicles you want to keep, you'll definitely confused which one to replace, yes? You'll sell one and keep the new one. When you sell one, you will have financial loss and if one day you want that car again, you'll have to purchase everything again.

Now when you have two 10 car garages, would you still sell the vehicle in your first garage for your other favorites? No. You keep the rest of your 10 favorites in your new garage. Less money wasted on your side because you now keep 20 cars, although probably 15 of them are collecting dust. When your wanted list grown into 30, that'd be the time to sell some of your cars and have a loss on your side - again.

The only thing that kills your money is when you have spent a lot of money on a car, then you have to sell it for a pathetic amount of cash before keeping the new one. Then, you have to replace a car again when you want another car. In every car sale, you have a loss; financial and material. But you don't have to worry about financial and material loss when you have a spare space to keep a new vehicle.

A bit messy, but I've tried my best to explain. Disregard my post if it's too confusing. lol

I understand what you're saying, but the problem is the only way your example would cost players more money in the long run is if they re-buy and re-mod cars that they sold to make room for new cars.  And they'd have to do that quite a few times to make up the price gap if they had the option of buying more garages and more cars.

Right now they're being forced to sell old cars and make money off them, ultimately costing them less money to get into whatever new car they want.  And chances are the car they're giving up isn't going to be so special to them that they would bother re-buying and re-moding anytime soon.  Especially with new cars being released every couple months. 

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by NightProwler, 20 June 2014 - 12:54 PM.

This is how it should be (for me anyway).....

Apartment in the city with garage/helipad

Trevor's airfield (from SP) with option of building a mansion

Top of the map garage with car/weapon mod center and helipad

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Funny how many times I accept an Apartment Invite and see a garage with an Entity, Adder, Bati, and two Zentornos. Last one I was in had those cars and two empty spaces. Pathetic lack of imagination, creativity, whatever you want to call it.

well not everyone

i for example have only 1 supercar and that is the turismo because its the only supercar i like

the rest is cars like sabre gt,sandking,pcj,ruiner,masacro,blade....

especially the musclecars i like in the game

• pedinhuh likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Brav Soldaten

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, definitely a third garage. Two is a weird max cap. Three is a nice solid number.

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

I've already made my comments on this, but I am curious as to why they had to have set numbers of cars allowed per location.

For example: The garage at 1200 Route 68 is a 2 car garage and costs $28k. Why couldn't they have set it where you can choose 2,6, or 10 car, regardless of location, with the price obviously higher for more spaces... so:

1200 Route 68
2 Car Garage - $28k
6 Car Garage - $82k
10 Car Garage - $135k

Then, people could choose whatever locations they wanted without worrying about only having x amount of spaces... The only real difference would be on the game mechanic end, determining which garage interior to render when a player enters it.

-Bill

yea thats right all the goood garages are in the city but i would like to have a 10 car garage or house in the woods or wilderness

• Donut likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Brav Soldaten

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Funny how many times I accept an Apartment Invite and see a garage with an Entity, Adder, Bati, and two Zentornos. Last one I was in had those cars and two empty spaces. Pathetic lack of imagination, creativity, whatever you want to call it.

well not everyone

i for example have only 1 supercar and that is the turismo because its the only supercar i like

PCJ? lol i have never seen that in Online. Everytime i think i have, it's only the Vader.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm not against the idea but at the moment I don't need 3.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Why stop at 3? Why not let us buy ALL the apartments and ALL the garages?[/sarcasm]

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

well not everyone

PCJ? lol i have never seen that in Online. Everytime i think i have, it's only the Vader.

buy it on the website thats sells motorcycles.

also the pcj is not fast enough for racing but i cruise around it inm the city and i like the looks of it

• Donut likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Brav Soldaten

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

well not everyone

buy it on the website thats sells motorcycles.

also the pcj is not fast enough for racing but i cruise around it inm the city and i like the looks of it

oh wow. I feel dumb now v_v

LadySuperioR
  • LadySuperioR

...the name is good enough

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Yea I dont mean to be greeedy but I do needs a 3rd apt/garage/storage

Along these lines I wouldnt mind if they made it 2 apartments + a garage or 1 apt + 2 garages

Yea, something like that.

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by InYeezusWeTrust, 20 June 2014 - 09:23 PM.

I need more space!!!!

I wanted to pick up a few cars from the new update by I can't bring myself to replace the 20 I have already

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Honestly I need a 3rd 10 Car Apartment or two 20 Car Apartments.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

1 garage is ENOUGH!!!!

You're not being serious are you? 

He probably is, there are a lot of COD types who only play GTA for the combat aspect. They don't care about the cars.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by AhmadJ, 20 June 2014 - 10:54 PM.

1 garage is ENOUGH!!!!

He probably is, there are a lot of COD types who only play GTA for the combat aspect. They don't care about the cars.

not a cod fan i have tons of cars

Nitephyre
  • Nitephyre

Cunning Stunt!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

I'd love to have a hanger that holds the 20 cars a plane/copter all in one place.  I'd sell my apt and garage for that.

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

Definitely. Hopefully in the next update they allow us to buy at least 1 more property.

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

I think R* will definitely allow much more property ownership in the future, but I think they'll be "smart" about it and release newer, even more expensive apartments at the same time.  Just like they did with the High Life.  It makes a lot of sense, from a business point of view, to do it that way.  Allow you to own a 3rd property at the same time that all-new exciting apartments are added for sale.  It would definitely tempt a lot of players into spending obscene amounts of money to get the new "best" property in the game.

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by godziller, 21 June 2014 - 02:45 AM.

What about just being able to add a tracker and insurance and call them from the mechanic....I need more cars....

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:33 AM Edited by GrottiCollector, 21 June 2014 - 05:34 AM.

I think we're done with getting new properties / more ownership rights until next gen. I really believe R* is just using current gen as a testing ground to make sure features before. Then, they'll unleash them on next gen. (Ex. They gave us 2 properties to make sure all the glitches were worked out). 

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

An extra car glitched in my garage before...
0_0.jpg

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

It would be cool to have all garages avaliable. Why must be a limited number of garages/cars? What's the point for having a limit? What's next? A max amount of hours played?
  • Piecekeeper likes this

NubcakeVII
  • NubcakeVII

Strawberry Fondler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Yes.

I already have a high end apartment and a garage by the airport for convenience, but I desperately want a home in Paleto.

I owned a garage up there once, and it was so peacefully. No people in super cars bombing you, no tanks spawn killing you, and no Buzzards shooting you down every time you take off.

The place is like it's own functioning mini Los Santos. It's got all the shops, a LSC type garage, and even a helipad. All it needs is an airport, and it'd be complete. I would park a plane out on the beach anyway.

I may have gotten off topic, but they need to add properties outside of LS. The map is truly beautiful.

I think three properties is the perfect number for people.
  • TCMike likes this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

do you feel that 2 garages are enough ?

at first i thought 2 garages are enough but with every update for gta online there are 3-7 new cars being added

and in the end i always have to think what vehicle im going to sell next to make room for one of the new cars

just a question ,dont need to get angry ok

so what do you think?

Another 4 garages would be ok by me.

• TCMike likes this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

1 garage is ENOUGH!!!!

not a cod fan i have tons of cars

1 garage only gives you 20 cars, hardly tons.

I get it some people don't car about the racing or cars in general. 

alfscooby98
  • alfscooby98

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

I know this might sound crazy, but I wish there was no property limit or at least a limit of 5 properties because rockstar keeps adding cool new vehicles, but we have to resell our fully modded cars to get new ones. I currently have 2 full garages and about 20 more cars I still want to get. I would maybe like them to use the hangers as car storage or maybe the warehouses by the port where Simeon cars are delivered as maybe 20 car garages.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

Yes because having every car in the game in your garage is fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users