Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should DLC Vehicles Spawn in Traffic?

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Should DLC Vehicles Spawn in Traffic? (181 member(s) have cast votes)

Should DLC Vehicles Spawn in Traffic?

1. Yes, both single player and GTA Online (136 votes [75.14%])

Percentage of vote: 75.14%

2. Yes, single player only (41 votes [22.65%])

Percentage of vote: 22.65%

3. Yes, GTA Online only (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No (4 votes [2.21%])

Percentage of vote: 2.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
thehambone
  • thehambone

Get Get Get Get Got Got Got Got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by thehambone, 19 June 2014 - 05:25 PM.

What do you guys think? Should DLC vehicles spawn in traffic in both single player and GTA Online? I think they should; it would add more variety to the game environment, I feel.

I figure for GTA Online, car ownership would work like it does for sports/supercars that spawn in traffic: you can drive them all you want, but in order to put them in your garage, you have to buy it from a car dealership website.

Let me hear your guys's opinions!

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

War, War never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

No. People would find a way to put them into a garage without paying.

• lol232 and darkwar854 like this

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

I`d say singleplayer only, because if they`d be online people would just take them off the streets and not buy them.

I would love to be able to purchase all vehicles in SP just like in Online though. Is it so hard to update the car dealership websites for both SP and MP?

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

They should just make a system for hot cars.

Each hot car has an ID, you can only store one (or more) with certain IDs. Your character gets that id while buying it on the internet.

For cheap cars like some of the DLC ones right now, they could make them rare as hell but storeable. They arent supercars.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

brian blake aka the governer ftw!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

yes they should it feels wierd just us having them.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Only SP.

It has WAY more traffic, and they would fit in, like the Panto on the streets of Downtown LS and the Massacro spawning inside mansions and around Rockford Hills.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I disagree with this for both SP and MP. That'd be beat the whole purpose of them being rare vehicles. I'd not mind doing some hard work for DLC vehicles.

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Once the pc version is released then I can add them into SP via mods (if rockstar hasn't done it already). I did the same in IV, had all the TLAD and TBOGT vehicles spawning in base IV with Nico. In fact I plan to completely redo the spawning as I did in IV, add all vehicles to traffic and make everyday vehicles really common and super cars rare etc.
  • visionist, boyy, Lock N' Stock and 1 other like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

They should just make a system for hot cars.
Each hot car has an ID, you can only store one (or more) with certain IDs. Your character gets that id while buying it on the internet.

For cheap cars like some of the DLC ones right now, they could make them rare as hell but storeable. They arent supercars.

The "hot" ID already exists.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Once the pc version is released then I can add them into SP via mods (if rockstar hasn't done it already). I did the same in IV, had all the TLAD and TBOGT vehicles spawning in base IV with Nico. In fact I plan to completely redo the spawning as I did in IV, add all vehicles to traffic and make everyday vehicles really common and super cars rare etc.

I have a feeling the next-gen/PC versions will have the DLC vehicles in traffic anyway.

• GibeMoniPlox likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

What ever happened to every GTA in the past where you had to STEAL a car you wanted to store, being rare or not, or high end or not.  This is GRAND THEFT AUTO we are talking about.

GTA V isn't even GTA anymore.

• visionist, ClareXoBearrx3R9 and Donut like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 19 June 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Kinda mixed opinion on this.

I would love to see DLC cars appear in traffic, but this would open up to the "everyone drives the same car as you" effect. Since Adders, Cheetahs, Entities, Vaccas, etc. don't spawn in traffic and are only obtainable through website or their spawn locations. Because of that, you get the feel that you are the only person to drive them because, well, you are the only person to drive them in the city.

Unless R* would make it very, very, very rarely spawn in traffic and keep it as "You are the only person to drive the car", because I swear I saw an Adder driving once (and it wasn't from switch event)

Voted "yes" anyway.

I would love to be able to purchase all vehicles in SP just like in Online though. Is it so hard to update the car dealership websites for both SP and MP?

I used to say the same, but taking into account the extremely low garage space in the game, I'd rather have them as infinite Special Vehicles list than actual car taking up space.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

I swear I saw an Adder driving once (and it wasn't from switch event)

I saw one, too.  Back on Patch 1.05.  I also saw one during a Franklin switch scene in traffic with an Adder right next to him.

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I bought a P71 because I want to look like my PROBATION OFFICER

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Yes, but R* is lazy as f*ck so it'll never happen.

dreamsy
  • dreamsy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

funny u say this i actually saw a hipster dlc car earlier in traffic i cant remember the name of it but its the same car that is parked outside ryders house in gta san andreas.im not sure if its spawned because i was in the same car but either way it was pretty cool

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

They should take the Asterope off traffic completely. I am f*cking tired of seeing that sh*tbox every 2 seconds on the streets.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

No, R* sucks at traffic, and I love the idea of super rare cars. I've seen a couple Adders parked, but that's about it. 

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Yes they should include them in SP (I don't give a f*ck about MP). 

• voyager and visionist like this

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

I was driving around in V earlier and the traffic was full of tornados, buccaneers and peyotes. Is GTA set in the 1960's now? Not a modern car in sight. I never understood rockstars approach of 'everyone in the ghetto drives a classic car, everyone in rich areas has a sports car'.

Car spawning is something watch dogs did well. There was a decent selection of everyday cars everywhere, junker cars in the ghetto, average sedans and minivans in the suburbs, luxury sedans and city cars in the business districts etc. all the super cars and classics could still spawn in traffic, but they were rare enough to make them stand out, as they would in real life.

I'm hoping that rockstar will take full advantage of the increased memory of next gen consoles and pc's and will give us at least as much traffic variety as watch dogs. Maybe the DLC cars are planned to be traffic cars in the next gen version? It would seem weird to buy a new game and have 20 cars randomly available in your garage rather than properly integrated into the game world.
  • visionist, PowerKracker, grandola and 1 other like this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

Definitely, no doubt. Of course, there should be exceptions (Zentornos or Roosevelts shouldn't spawn in traffic), but they should add some update vehicles to the traffic.

Biftas near the beach just like BF Injection in the past GTAs, Pantos in Mirror Park, and so on.

• Donut likes this

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

I disagree with this for both SP and MP. That'd be beat the whole purpose of them being rare vehicles. I'd not mind doing some hard work for DLC vehicles.

Hard work?

You realise you're automatically gifted these cars for free in single player, right?
  • voyager and Donut like this

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hard work?

You realise you're automatically gifted these cars for free in single player, right?

Yes, I do. I meant to say that these vehicles should be availble to purchase both in SP and MP.
  • voyager likes this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Yes but for single player only as online players has to pay for them.

I don't understand why R* doesn't added them to the traffic, they would add some diversity to LS. I'm tired of seeing the Dubsta and the Buffalo on every streets :/ .

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:40 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 20 June 2014 - 09:42 AM.

to the guys saying Single player only...: NO

OT:

Both,
Would be awesome if this would be implemented to insure high end and rare vehicles.

1: Steal them

2: Respray at a Los Santos Customs

3: go to Simeon at the docks (police can follow the tracker so if left unattended for too long, so the vehicle will be gone. It will also become a high priority vehicle)

4: Export vehicle for 25% of value (a max of $100.000 and only once per 48 ingame hours) OR choose to let it be un-tracked for 25% of original value.

5: Drive vehicle to Los Santos Customs to let it be tracked and insured for 10% and 15% of original value.

6: be happy with a car which is 50% cheaper then if you would buy it from a website.
7: Selling this car will only give you the same price as when you want to export it. Upgrades will increase the price tho.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

I voted no, but there's some I'd like to see in standard traffic - the non-super cars, the beach bum vans, etc - they should be on the streets, but in specific areas. E.g. the beach bum van (Paradise?) should be seen around the beach, etc. Just makes sense to make them region specific and ped-type specific (in other words, I don't expect to see hipsters or yuppies riding around in a Paradise in Richman, but I do expect them to be driven by beach-types at the beach). 

Maybe for the upcoming version?

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:43 AM Edited by sparky66, 20 June 2014 - 11:47 AM.

Definitely, no doubt. Of course, there should be exceptions (Zentornos or Roosevelts shouldn't spawn in traffic), but they should add some update vehicles to the traffic.
Biftas near the beach just like BF Injection in the past GTAs, Pantos in Mirror Park, and so on.

Why not the Zentorno or Roosevelt? Just make them really rare and only able to spawn one at a time, so when they do spawn it is a surprise. Could add the space docker to sandy shores traffic too as a really rare Easter egg.

Some vehicles like the panto, blade, bifta, Massacro etc. should definately be added in appropriate areas though.

Vehicles are already assigned to ped types, and ped types are assigned to certain areas of the map, so it should all be possible to implement, either by rockstar or mods. It is also possible to make rare spawns, the code exists to only allow one of a certain vehicle at once (the ice cream van in IV for example, you would only ever see one at once.) and you can give a vehicle a really low spawn chance.
  • visionist likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Just make them really rare and only able to spawn one at a time, so when they do spawn it is a surprise.

They can't even stop the same standard car from spawning 20+ times in normal traffic. 

• voyager likes this

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Just make them really rare and only able to spawn one at a time, so when they do spawn it is a surprise.

They can't even stop the same standard car from spawning 20+ times in normal traffic.

Increased memory on PC and next gen should solve this though. With some fairly simple text file mods on IV pc it was possible to get some really good varied traffic spawning. Using similar spawning data as the ice cream van in IV means it is easily possible to get only one of a particular vehicle to spawn for rare vehicles. Of course you couldn't tell it to only spawn one of every vehicle as you ended up with the dreaded taxi bug.

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Well new peds get created for each DLC so why not vehicles too?

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

it wouldn't matter in SP anyway

because it wouldn't take 5 min of playing before 2 models of SUV and a sh*tty sedan are the only things that spawn at all.

it would be like roulette -- maybe one day i would turn on the game and there will be nothing but dubsta 6x6's all over every street. 

woohoo, win =\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users