Change loading text

16 replies to this topic
stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

So i've been trying to read some .sco scripts but nothing came really up, also searched google for a while but still nothing so i decided to ask here.

Is it possible to change the loading text by script ? and with loading text i mean this text 'LOADING...' when you start the game.

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Lets mod or die!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:49 PM Edited by LetsPlayOrDy, 19 June 2014 - 04:49 PM.

What would you change it to? Just curious ;)
Not sure if that is possible. I don't believe that it is something changable by native functions. Maybe try Cheat Engine?

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by stef538, 19 June 2014 - 04:58 PM.

I wouldn't know i was just wondering if it was possible :) now after searching on some thread on ThreeSocks i noticed this : SET_MSG_FOR_LOADING_SCREEN, I Believe this is it. let me report back in a minute :p

EDIT

Nope, it gives me another message

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Lets mod or die!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

If it doesn't work try Cheat Engine :)

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

And how would I use that..

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Lets mod or die!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Open GTA, and when at the loading screen, at+tab out and go to Cheat Engine. Open the GTA process in Cheat Engine. Change the search type to string and then search for "Loading" or "Loading...". If you get any results, add them to the bottom list (don't know what it is called), double-click where it says "Loading...", and a window will pop-up to change the text.
  • AgentWD40 likes this

leftas
  • leftas

:)

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by leftas, 19 June 2014 - 07:28 PM.

Are ScriptHooks not initialize in loading screen ? I mean by that:When game(after loading screen) starts, only then loads scripts ?

P.S. You could do that in c++, I doubt c#(because it need to be called from c++). You can find offset by @LetsPlayOrDy way. Just not the pointer... And inject before loading screen.
But you need a hook some function of the game, else you can't do anything. P.S. I found these texts in GXT, so I think you will need to get specific "Loading" GXT pointer smth. like that.(Don't know how gxt loading works.)

I just give steps. I don't know if you know how to hook or etc. You can go to cheater forum and there search for help for these things.

Sorry if rules don't let post link to cheaters forums. D3D9 hook also Cheat engine finding the base...

Regards,

Paul.

• Skorpro likes this

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Anything that can be done in c++ can be done in c#

u want pointers? just use unsafe keyword

u want to use the windows sdk??

PInvoke.net shows u how to setup external methods so u can call code from the sdk

People say c++ is better because it is older and probably more people know it. Sure somethings are easier to do in c++ but c# is best for coding gta imo

• Wiebrendh likes this

leftas
  • leftas

:)

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by leftas, 19 June 2014 - 09:22 PM.

LordOfTheBongs, I would like to refute(google translate) your comment "Anything that can be done in c++ can be done in c#". There is one problem that c# dll(Thread) needs to be called from C++ when injected(Can't find quoute from msdn). EDIT: I think there is way doing this without C++ but it's to do hard to that, I think.

C++ is better for hooking/modding/cheating. It easier to hook and etc. easier to with asm(Don't know about C# much)... And etc.

But C# has some very useful function and c++ not(need to do by yourself). So when I am doing something for windows programs I use C#, because it's Gui editor and etc. sh*t, neither do C++. But when trying to hook/hack/mods something in program I prefer use C++, it's better for me.

And also your last sentince is right!

Regards,

Paul.

Maro Hannover
  • Maro Hannover

Scriptboy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yes Sure it is possible don't you notice about GTA IV San Andreas Loading Screen it shows instead of loading and mission name it shows GTA IV San Andreas

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Lets mod or die!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yes Sure it is possible don't you notice about GTA IV San Andreas Loading Screen it shows instead of loading and mission name it shows GTA IV San Andreas

Probably isn't a script doing that though.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:14 PM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 19 June 2014 - 11:19 PM.

hmm i have injected using c# before... this would be an example suing a PInvoke class with the external methods setup...

but u are right in c++ it is easier to access these functions and manipulate memory down to the bit

Spoiler
  • leftas likes this

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

@stef538

leftas is right... its a simple string in GXT ("..\common\text\*.gxt")... check this hash "0x5B52D1DE" ;)

stef538
  • stef538

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

@stef538

leftas is right... its a simple string in GXT ("..\common\text\*.gxt")... check this hash "0x5B52D1DE" ;)

Yup found it :) but what native to use ? because i would like to change it when using 

Game.FadeScreenIn(250, true);

So is it possible to change it via script ? or isn't it possible at all.

LetsPlayOrDy
  • LetsPlayOrDy

Lets mod or die!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

@stef538

Yup found it :) but what native to use ? because i would like to change it when using 

Game.FadeScreenIn(250, true);

So is it possible to change it via script ? or isn't it possible at all.

I don't believe there is a native to use to change it.

Noox
  • Noox

changeScriptAbility(&myScriptAbility, "improve");

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by Noox, 22 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

LordOfTheBongs, I would like to refute(google translate) your comment "Anything that can be done in c++ can be done in c#". There is one problem that c# dll(Thread) needs to be called from C++ when injected(Can't find quoute from msdn). EDIT: I think there is way doing this without C++ but it's to do hard to that, I think.

C++ is better for hooking/modding/cheating. It easier to hook and etc. easier to with asm(Don't know about C# much)... And etc.

But C# has some very useful function and c++ not(need to do by yourself). So when I am doing something for windows programs I use C#, because it's Gui editor and etc. sh*t, neither do C++. But when trying to hook/hack/mods something in program I prefer use C++, it's better for me.

And also your last sentince is right!

Regards,

Paul.

Actually C and C++ were never meant for GUIs, in fact they are used for operating system (I might be saying bullsh*t here) and all of the low level stuff you are mentioning, C++ is also faster than C# and I don't know how C# works but it uses garbage collector, right? In C# can you store objects/variables in the heap or it's an automatic process and it deletes them when they are not used to avoid memory leaks?

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by Skorpro, 23 June 2014 - 04:27 AM.

1. C++ is faster than C# but this does NOT apply to GTA scripting! The .NetScriptHook is written in C++ and 'his orders' are nothing else than C++ classes used in C# or VB!

Check the .NetScriptHook source if you disbelieve that... (sorry for my f*ckin' school English'... aaargh, and all the worse I'm still drunk -> 6 a.m. ;))

2. The first scripts which are loaded are SCO, then C++ and .Net (both ScriptHooks)!

So if you want to change the "loading" string you have to change the GXT file or recode main.sco (with SCO ToollBox) or you have to affect the mem (using ASM -> 0x5B52D1DE + offset)!

3. You thought it is easier, right?!? ;) But the emphasis is put on the fun! :D

...now I'm tired c ya guys...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users