should lamar have died in lamar down?

44 replies to this topic
kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think it would of been intresting maybe if they built up stretch more and have Franklin stretch kill him instead of Michael. What do you think?

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by kj2022, 4 weeks ago.

Lamar died several times for me... Shotgun, SMG, assault rifle, handgun, knife, fist... He's not my favorite person, but I'm glad they kept him alive. He improved Frank's story with the humour compared to Franks depressing ass.

• Official General and LordBattleBeard like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Lmfao. Seriously tho maybe we would have seen a different side to franklin if he died maybe if Michael and Trevor bickering somehow distracted them and then lamar got shot. That would make ending a and b make more sense

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think they'd have made more sense if Devin and Steve did something to frank personally, finding his dad or something, Lamar is just a friend after all, losing a friend wouldn't make you turn your back on your other friends.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yea but franklin and Lamar know each other since they were kids and in my scenario it would be Trevor and Michaels fault . Yea but would they kill franklins dad ?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 4 weeks ago.

Yeah that's right, kill off some of the best, non-protagonist main characters in the game that actually provided us with some kind of entertainment and humor, and also ruin opportunities for the story mode to open up for more episodic expansions that would make it better. 

Makes perfect sense  :blink:  :sarcasm:

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Playing as Lamar in an episodic expansion?

I can dig that.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think Frank would be more likely to turn on Mike and Trev if Devin or Steve threatened his dad, especially since neither had anything to do with Lamar Down. I think Lamar only helped in The Third Way because of Mike and Trev turning up to help rescue him. Neither had to help, but they did. Stretch didn't even make sense as an antagonist to me, more like a little villain, that's it.

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

He didn't die, so he shouldn't have died. End of story.

If you wanna decide the outcome of a game - go to school.

• BOSS 302 likes this

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Then who would send the muggers I enjoy so much sending on scrubs who hide in snipe spots?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

shouldve. such an uninspiring character. 

Ryan1874
  • Ryan1874

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

As much as I don't think he should have died, it would have added a lot more to options A/B in the final mission. Franklin using it as an opportunity to avenge Lamar by killing Michael/Trevor.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Years ending a and b would make more sense I liked Lamar just spitballing ideas

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by VanillaIce, 4 weeks ago.

Yeah Kill the Ungrateful c*nt would Of made the Story More Dramatic the Story In V Was to happy all the time somebody Major outside of the main three needed to be Killed Lamar would of been Perfect .

and i Pray i don't have to play as  the Lanky c*nt if we  ever do get an Episode Pack i mean he was quite Amusing but i was glad he did not Not Play a Massive Role . 

gamergirl24
  • gamergirl24

hair dye queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I liked lamar. He was cool especially the way he helped out franklin, trevor, and michael in the third way as a way of saying thank you for helping franklin rescue me and now I'm going to help you guys out.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anyone else remember the rumors from pre-release that said Lamar died? I thought I had "Lamar Down" spoiled for me when the audio files leaked in August and people started listening to the story and someone put "Lamar Dies" as a topic title, so it was a nice surprise to find out that the mission didn't end the way I thought it would when I started playing it.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes or maybe in meltdown you have a choice where you have to pick between Tracy and Amanda

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah , i like lamar but i think he should've died ... it will give frank more of a reason to be depressed and keep himself locked away in the hills away from the hood , it will also make the story dramatic And interesting like in iv rather than all happy and fun like in v .

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

After all the bitching and moaning he did in the after math, I felt like saving his life was a complete waste of my time, rockets, and gun ammo.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wish he would've died. His only claim to fame was him saying "NIGAAAAAAAAAA" and not much else.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I liked Lamar and I´m glad he didn´t die.He is one of the funniest characters in game,maybe even one of the funniest in the series.Besides,for games with a sad ending we have GTA 4 and TLAD,so I like that there is a happy ending(option c)in this game where all the protagonists and their friends survive.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Just Cause

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why? Lamar is a person who deserves a DLC about him. Lamar is the main funny person who supports boring Franklin. Lamar is one of the best characters in game.

Lamar doesn't deserve to death. He deserves Franklin's main character position! He deserves a DLC about him ;)

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like Lamar I'm just so wondering would him getting killed make the story better in yer opinions

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Then who would send the muggers I enjoy so much sending on scrubs who hide in snipe spots?

considering gta online takes place before, he would still be there 

• theNGclan likes this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I cant see a dlc about Lamar , all the things he does have no reason behind them lol id rather R* introduce a new character, maybe from a different gang like the carson family gang , vagos or the ballas so that way if you guys want lamar in a dlc , you would have him but just not playing as him but rather going against him ..

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nah, I don't think he should have died. I like him, but if there's one thing Lamar-related I wish they'd change is give him the ability to shoot people when you're hanging out with him. He already carries a gun but never uses it. All he does is flip people off and try to fight using only his bare fists against people who could easily pump him full of lead. :/

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I bet you all would love that. How about make the character a HIV infected, cannibalistic, strung out methhead and make him/her Trevor's f**k buddy?

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved Lamar's character but his death could have made the story more interesting...Franklin finally has more emotion and an all out war erupts in LS between him and the Ballas...but wait R* is taking this "no gang life" approach with Franklin I forgot... :sarcasm:

/salt

CosmoKramer0
  • CosmoKramer0

The K Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Absolutely not.

• kingcs likes this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It would have made sense given the title "Lamar Down". Bit disappointing but oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users