Car Spoilers Increase Performance

187 replies to this topic
TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what about diffusers/splitters/cannards - do they also affect downforce/traction?

I mean, logically they should, but I'm wondering if that's actually been implemented as an actual feature, along with spoilers affecting performance.

From what I've seen, no. It wouldn't surprise me if we see it soon though.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

I like the added traction, but I prefer my cars to be spoiler-less. The Massacro just doesn't look as good with it.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

I've always added spoilers to my cars, if they looked good that is. I honestly don't care if they affect performance, so the fact that they do affect performance now is just a bonus for me.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

after testing this spoiler issue i come to the conclusion that i dont like that change they made. and since its buggy too, it might be a glitch/bug. i hope that spoilers will reduce top speed, because i really dont want to spoil the look of all my cars. i dont want to sacrifice performance by not adding a spoiler.

anyway,  how does it change the ranking of the cars in races? is there a list anywhere?

• Arrows to Athens likes this

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Quick update, with I suppose could be considered a shameless bump.

Many people in the racing community know about Broughy1322.  Well he recently stated that he will be testing every single car in the game fully upgraded.  This will obviously take time, and won't be released anytime soon, but how do you guys and gals think that the tests will pan out?  It's already been decided that the Felon and Zion have become interchangeable with the Exemplar in the coupes class, and that the Sultan is now the fastest 4 door car thanks to the spoiler.  Please discuss.

And don't hate me for bumping this.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Many people in the racing community know about Broughy1322.  Well he recently stated that he will be testing every single car in the game fully upgraded.  This will obviously take time, and won't be released anytime soon, but how do you guys and gals think that the tests will pan out?  It's already been decided that the Felon and Zion have become interchangeable with the Exemplar in the coupes class, and that the Sultan is now the fastest 4 door car thanks to the spoiler.  Please discuss.

Probably the same way Gun1t123 does his tests - Speed/ Acceleration, Handling, Customization, Torque, Damage Repairs, and Lap Times

BTW I still think the Felon is the best all - around Coupe.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Probably the same way Gun1t123 does his tests - Speed/ Acceleration, Handling, Customization, Torque, Damage Repairs, and Lap Times

Broughy tests his cars differently. He sees which cars go around Cutting Coroners the fastest. He has done these with every class of cars to date including DLC vehicles. I'm just curious to know what you guys think the order will be fully modded.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Broughy tests his cars differently. He sees which cars go around Cutting Coroners the fastest. He has done these with every class of cars to date including DLC vehicles. I'm just curious to know what you guys think the order will be fully modded.

Oh. Well I dont really watch Broughy that much to begin with.
  • RDT33 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users