Car Spoilers Increase Performance

187 replies to this topic
Fox Wraith
  • Fox Wraith

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Guys, this is quite a big difference in performance.  A small gain in traction is a large gain in actual performance as far as this game goes.  My Massacro was sitting at a time of 55.5 on Cutting Coroners, and it's now at a time of 54.2.  My Feltzer was a time of 55.9 before, and it's now at a time of 54.7.  My Elegy was a time of 54.9, and is now at a time of 54.2.  All of those times have room to gain as well, especially the Elegy time.  The Comet, Carbonizzare have also been tested and seen comparable improvements, and the Carbonizzare is now finally a car that isn't worthless on the track, it can be managed much easier than before. 

I expect to see an average of about 1.2 seconds taken off my times for the super cars as well.  Prior to this update, I've tested spoilers and different wheel classes (including offroad tires on pavement tracks) and stock vs. custom tires and things like carbon pieces and armor, and saw no prior increase or decrease in performance for any of those items.  Now we can say spoilers do add a noticeable and considerable increase in performance.  1+ second is big. 

• RDT33 likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:23 AM Edited by Xavierr, 20 June 2014 - 04:27 AM.

Damn that sucks big time! No more racing for me then cause im not gona spoil my cars putting that ugly thing back there damn.

Are you really going to quit racing because "12 yr old ricers" have a sliver of more traction than you?

So what if it makes a difference, still not good to be a quitter.

Most people are sh*t drivers in this game anyway, avoid all the people playing bumper cars, and you'd probably win in a futo.
  • Shaundi., Bongsquirrel and 33d like this

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Damn that sucks big time! No more racing for me then cause im not gona spoil my cars putting that ugly thing back there damn.

Are you really going to quit racing because "12 yr old ricers" have a sliver of more traction than you?

Most people are sh*t drivers in this game anyway, avoid all the people playing bumper cars, and you'd probably win in a futo.

Yeah maybe I was being too quick on that decision still pisses me of though that them ugly things have some kind of advantage.

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by lukeskateboards, 20 June 2014 - 04:43 AM.

Yeah maybe I was being too quick on that decision still pisses me of though that them ugly things have some kind of advantage.

Function > Form.

You'll learn someday, kids.

• darkwar854 likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

haven't read the whole thread yet, but if spoilers add downforce aiding in traction it would be nice to see a decrease in top speed and maybe accel just a touch. 

This. Exactly this.

It should be a trade-off.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

Spoilers looks good on some cars imo. Some cars don't. But at this point after reading this thread, once I have enough money to mod my own cars, and I want to put a spoiler on it- and someone comes along telling me I'm a twelve year old ricer who doesn't deserve respect, I'm likely to run them over.
  • Coreyandy5 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

WTF do you think a spoiler is for?

guy-eating-drinking-car-spoiler-13526785

• SemperJ550, Darth_Zannah and Frito-Man like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 20 June 2014 - 06:11 AM.

I'll never have a spoiler for my cars no matter how much traction it adds and I'll never respect anyone having a GT spoiler in his car, tasteless f*cks

So you're saying professional race car drivers are also tasteless f*cks? I'm a car enthusiast & my Massacro has a GT spoiler. Why? I replicate. Look below.

vantagegt3update.jpg

Dumbass.
  • Ninja_Gear, darkwar854 and Handsome Z like this

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Like I dont know that pal, it was just great that they ignored it untill now imo and it was only visual mod. Yeah its all about reality as you can steal fighter jets from an army base all by yourself and steer cars in midair. Smartass!

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'll never have a spoiler for my cars no matter how much traction it adds and I'll never respect anyone having a GT spoiler in his car, tasteless f*cks

i think that was you i've seen at the altruist camp.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

And a video has been made.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

spoiled my cars and sped up away from lsc so fast the map and road textures glitched and popped in an out in an unseen way that i imediatly realized this is true.

thankfully any spoiler works the same.

so far i guess visual setbacks give way to funner racing.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

funner 

When will people learn that "funner" isn't a word?

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

funner 

excuse me the fact english is not my main language and despite it not being a word it did not kept you from understanding what i meant now did it?

When will grammar nazis learn it's a way more serious offense in a discussion forum to go offtopic in order to correct somebody than posting on topic and making a few mistakes.

how many foreign languages do you speak? if any...

i'm reporting you for irrelevant offtopic drivel

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Can't get on right now because I have to work for a living but:

Can someone please clarify/confirm that ANY spoiler adds an EQUAL effect. Or does the most expensive spoiler add more than the others?

I hate spoilers so this is somewhat disappointing. I added a spoiler to my Dominator and it seemed to help cornering somewhat but it could also be placebo effect. 

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Can't get on right now because I have to work for a living but:

Can someone please clarify/confirm that ANY spoiler adds an EQUAL effect. Or does the most expensive spoiler add more than the others?

I hate spoilers so this is somewhat disappointing. I added a spoiler to my Dominator and it seemed to help cornering somewhat but it could also be placebo effect. 

They all increase a vehicles' traction by the same %,

This also means that vehicles with already high traction will get more of a boost than vehicles with lower traction.

zimbambazibimbamba
  • zimbambazibimbamba

zibinho

• BUSTED!
  • Botswana

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

drift wing makes an incredible difference on performance

Karlitoz-E
  • Karlitoz-E

SiiR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

It doesn't matter which spoiler you pick tho'

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

this is great

now my cars won't only LOOK like track racers, but will also perform differently

now these boring hipsters can finally shut the f*ck up with their hotwheels propaganda

That's all about having a racey car, so no, your spoiler would not make me forget that you like Hotwheels racey cars.

Nice reference tho. Go buy a "cul8r" or "2fast" or some other lame-ass name for those cars.

i suppose you think Le Mans racers and italian cars are hotwheels replicas too, yes?

idiot...

No, because they're race cars. On racetracks.

Not the city streets. Smartass.

ha ha, actually

they do race on city streets as well, this would be called a street circuit. they temporarily close off public roads and set them up as racetracks...for racecars.

they do this all over the world too. america, europe, new zealand, australia, africa, asia, everywhere.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 20 June 2014 - 06:13 PM.

ALL spoilers give out the same boost

but go ahead, spend more money and get the uglier ones...

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

What about cars that already had the spoiler 'upgrades', do they get the boost, or do you have to rebuy them?

Do you mean like if you had a spoiler on your car before the update?  Because if that's the case then I'm pretty sure you do not have to buy them again.

I can confirm you do not need to buy the spoiler again if you had one equipped before the update. A few of my cars that had a custom spoiler on before the update have higher traction and I've done nothing to them. On my Comet, the traction is a little more than 4 bars but its traction used to be at about 4 bars/under 4 bars.

^^ right.

I have a pre-existing spoiler, and drove to LSC to flip between it and larger spoilers to see if traction would increase, it didn't. But when I flipped to "none" the traction bar went down slightly with a sliver of red to show the loss if I were to uninstall my pre-exsiting spoiler.

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Some people say that adding a spoiler does help (I know they add a little bit of traction to the car), but is it any noticable in missions or free roam? I don't race, so I am not looking for the best time.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Some people say that adding a spoiler does help (I know they add a little bit of traction to the car), but is it any noticable in missions or free roam? I don't race, so I am not looking for the best time.

It's traction, so it means you can turn a little sharper without spinning out, and less wheelspin. Generally makes vehicles feel more responsive, and if it's a car you have driven a lot, you will notice.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Like I dont know that pal, it was just great that they ignored it untill now imo and it was only visual mod. Yeah its all about reality as you can steal fighter jets from an army base all by yourself and steer cars in midair. Smartass!

Spoilers are useless as a visual mod.  It's fantastic that they changed the pace of racing and customization.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

funner 

excuse me the fact english is not my main language and despite it not being a word it did not kept you from understanding what i meant now did it?

When will grammar nazis learn it's a way more serious offense in a discussion forum to go offtopic in order to correct somebody than posting on topic and making a few mistakes.

how many foreign languages do you speak? if any...

i'm reporting you for irrelevant offtopic drivel

Your English must be terrible then. Every person I know that speaks English as a second language knows that "funner" isn't a word. It's the basics. I could understand a sentence being grammatically incorrect but one word... No excuse.

Also, how does pointing out the stupid mistake that you made make me a grammar Nazi?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Take your petty argument elsewhere.

• RoachKiller_416, RDT33, maybeanotherone and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what about diffusers/splitters/cannards - do they also affect downforce/traction?

I mean, logically they should, but I'm wondering if that's actually been implemented as an actual feature, along with spoilers affecting performance.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but what about diffusers/splitters/cannards - do they also affect downforce/traction?

I mean, logically they should, but I'm wondering if that's actually been implemented as an actual feature, along with spoilers affecting performance.

Nah. At least, they don't yet.

• RDT33 likes this

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Nah. At least, they don't yet.

I like the sound of that.  Maybe Rockstar will take the hint and start to add more tuning options for cars.  

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

Guys, this is quite a big difference in performance.  A small gain in traction is a large gain in actual performance as far as this game goes.  My Massacro was sitting at a time of 55.5 on Cutting Coroners, and it's now at a time of 54.2.  My Feltzer was a time of 55.9 before, and it's now at a time of 54.7.  My Elegy was a time of 54.9, and is now at a time of 54.2.  All of those times have room to gain as well, especially the Elegy time.  The Comet, Carbonizzare have also been tested and seen comparable improvements, and the Carbonizzare is now finally a car that isn't worthless on the track, it can be managed much easier than before. 

I expect to see an average of about 1.2 seconds taken off my times for the super cars as well.  Prior to this update, I've tested spoilers and different wheel classes (including offroad tires on pavement tracks) and stock vs. custom tires and things like carbon pieces and armor, and saw no prior increase or decrease in performance for any of those items.  Now we can say spoilers do add a noticeable and considerable increase in performance.  1+ second is big. 

What about suspension?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users