Quantcast

» «
Photo

What games have exceeded your expectations?

65 replies to this topic
michaeljs47566
  • michaeljs47566

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

GTAV Far Cry 3 ACIV SRIV The Last of US and others

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Burnout Paradise: I thought it would be a forgettable racing game that I'd put on the shelves after a few days. I was wrong. I played that game until my old PS3 died in 2010 all because of my sister leaving running during a storm. I barely played it after that. Too much work and memories were lost and all of the cheat cars and stuff were gone by then.

Forza Horizon: Almost everything I expected was in this game but what really made it exceed my expections was how non-idiotic the story was and how utterly fun it was to drive. I can't put the game down. The driving is sublime.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 13 August 2014 - 05:37 PM.

Red Dead Redemption. It exceeded my expectations in that its atmosphere hit me with loads of moments of immersion and nostalgia. I never thought that I would get soaked into the game's world as much as I did when I started playing the game. It was so finely-tuned that at times it brings nostalgia. Sunny mornings at Chuparosa with people going about their day and the sound of chickens going around bring me the feel of my place in the past. Just old memories. 

GTAVfan17
  • GTAVfan17

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

I know this has been said to death, but The Last of Us really blew me away. I got it on release day not knowing anything about the game except the  trailer ads and that Naughty Dog made it.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games i ever played.

Then I played Max Payne 3 and it blow any other game ive ever played away. It is the best game ever.

Far Cry 3 was way beyond my expectations. Im currently loving it sp and mp

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

One I forgot to mention was Defiance.

Not only has that game got extremely solid and satisfying gameplay but it is crammed full of content, to the point where now there are new parts of the map for free, weekly and daily challenges to do, content that gets patched in all the time. No subscriptions at all and now it is even free to play on PC.

The game just f*cking owns. I doubt Destiny will even match how good of an MMO Defiance was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users