7 replies to this topic
Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

really, either i've been liking posts too much due to being banned a week or there really just isn't enough "likes" to spare

why exactly is there a limit anyway? besides the obvious of someone going on a liking spree

anywho, i and possibly others would like the like limit to be higher or even nonexistent:B

• ¥en likes this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

I get the impression the limit is around the 50 mark based on previous experiences (queue being wrong now, lol). I know the feels; I've run out of the buggers so many times in the past, but since I've stopped posting/checking the Online section on here I've only managed to do it once.

+1 to moar likes though. :p

• dhuyd and Killzone3265 like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

i was expecting to be hit with the limit popup so i could screencap and post it here but apparently i've gained one like back lol

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

It's to avoid abuse. If you're in the west like me, you've likely flipped to the next day and have your new quota now. :p
  • Killzone3265 likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

so what is the limit? 50? it feels less than that :/

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 19 June 2014 - 10:14 AM.

I'd honestly be happy if they got rid of the like button altogether. People abuse the hell out of it way too much, If I wanted that crap I'd go to facebook. If I like someone's post enough, I will quote it stating why. A few likes here and there are great, though. I just hate when people abuse it. Not that I'm jealous are anything.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'd honestly be happy if they got rid of the like button altogether. People abuse the hell out of it way too much, If I wanted that crap I'd go to facebook. If I like someone's post enough, I will quote it stating why. A few likes here and there are great, though. I just hate when people abuse it. Not that I'm jealous are anything.

I had the same feeling when we first introduce it, but now I think it was a good idea to implement it. Sometimes I see posts that I agree with or like, and with this system and I can let the user know that, without having to come up with a post for it.

• a20characterusername likes this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

On the flip side, it's the almost-perfect alternative to "This" or "+1" posts et al. 

I'm not totally guilty of those, nope, not at all!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users