Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else not playing this until Next Gen?

143 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you playing GTAV still? (332 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you?

1. Yes, I am still playing it till the next gen version comes out. (134 votes [40.36%])

Percentage of vote: 40.36%

2. No, I'm waiting for the real version. (104 votes [31.33%])

Percentage of vote: 31.33%

3. No, GTAV sucks (12 votes [3.61%])

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

4. Yes, I am still playing it, and will not be getting the next gen version. (42 votes [12.65%])

Percentage of vote: 12.65%

5. Other (please explain) (40 votes [12.05%])

Percentage of vote: 12.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

I stopped playing it in somewhat september, october.

Why? Because console. ~25 FPS, no anti aliasing, crappy performance and low textures are not acceptable after paying 1600€ for a new rig.

Also its because to play i need to unbox it, remove all the dust (its a old release-day PS3), plug it in, stick the net cable of my pc into it and setup a wireless connection so i can still use teamspeak with my friends.

And im not a console guy, i dislike controllers and i dislike the transition from leaving the pc to launching the ps3, waiting 3 minutes to load up V.

PC is just, way ahead of graphics, you can have it on your computer together with all other programs you need (skype, steam, teamspeak etc).

Console is just.. a purchase because i want to play it on release day instead of waiting a year for the PC version just to get the story spoiled.

A console is my youtube player for my TV.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

I took other: Because I am not gunna play this game untill R* gives us a SP DLC, and stops sucking GTA Online's dick

• visionist, Official General, kingcs and 4 others like this

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 19 June 2014 - 04:56 PM.

I have selected option 2, as I am currently pressing on through an active Grand Theft Auto: V hiatus since the dawn of January. :) I finished the storyline in nimble fashion by September's end, and devoted the rest of the time to becoming accustomed to Grand Theft Auto: Online. The very next time I will be reunited with Mr. De Santa, Clinton and Philips and the revolutionized Los Santos / Blaine County is when I am brandishing a Dual Shock 4 controller, which will be around Christmas. I want to try to redeem that freshness of Grand Theft Auto: V 110%, when I heard those vehement and hostile voices rattle through the North Yankton bank. The voice acting of Grand Theft Auto: V is so gripping. Michael: "It's goin' on a timer!. (Speaking to Trevor: What are ya doin'? Get behind somethin"! (Catastrophic explosion).         

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

GrandTheftAddict91
  • GrandTheftAddict91

Professional Dodo Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by GrandTheftAddict91, 19 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

I'm still playing the online here and there on 360, but not too much. I'm actually looking forward to playing the SP again and going for 100% all over on Xbox One. :)

mariasalvatore
  • mariasalvatore

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I chose Option 4.  I play offline and am just waiting for more offline content.  Also, I have no intention whatsoever to purchase any "next-gen" consoles or the PC version.  Mine is NOT capable of handing GTA V at all.  

Prywatne
  • Prywatne

Crackhead

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm waiting :)

Gurkan_92
  • Gurkan_92

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:27 PM Edited by Gurkan_92, 19 June 2014 - 07:28 PM.

Yes í'm still playing both sp and online on my PS3, but not so much since it's summer. Will play on PC once it´s released.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

I stopped playing it in somewhat september, october.

Why? Because console. ~25 FPS, no anti aliasing, crappy performance and low textures are not acceptable after paying 1600€ for a new rig.

Also its because to play i need to unbox it, remove all the dust (its a old release-day PS3), plug it in, stick the net cable of my pc into it and setup a wireless connection so i can still use teamspeak with my friends.

And im not a console guy, i dislike controllers and i dislike the transition from leaving the pc to launching the ps3, waiting 3 minutes to load up V.

PC is just, way ahead of graphics, you can have it on your computer together with all other programs you need (skype, steam, teamspeak etc).

Console is just.. a purchase because i want to play it on release day instead of waiting a year for the PC version just to get the story spoiled.

A console is my youtube player for my TV.

Graphics don't matter...

PatrickGTA5
  • PatrickGTA5

Weed Smoker.

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Still playing, the current gen will still be mind blowing.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Still playing GTA 5 on PS3 (less often though) until Steam version comes out.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

GTA V and AOE2 is all I play solo anymore. Which is about two hours a week if I'm lucky. So, you bet your sweet ass I will.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

It'll be many moons before I get a PS4 or PC so I'll keep right on playing on PS3 until then.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Been playing less and less recetnly, and will only get fully back into once the SP DLC is launched
  • kingcs likes this

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

That creepy guy who always looks at you funny on the subway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by CartmanKusanagi, 20 June 2014 - 03:30 AM.

I was planning to wait, but I might go back on that plan for a day or two to check out the I'm Not a Hipster update. I haven't touched GTAV or Online since May.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

I still play online from time to time and I still take in the LG sights and sounds ... until someone decides to drive up to my blip and shoot me in the head.

I notice you can dive into water with your online character now! Today's experiments: Dive into swimming pool - tick. Dive off pier into water - tick. Dive off dam into water - cross. Lol.

Also I walked from the Alamo desert to the observatory, through the foothills today, after I got pissed off at some guy blowing me up with a buzzard. I turned off the radar and just enjoyed the views. The game still looks spectacular. But can't wait for CG GTA to live and breath the real thing! :)

• InTheShadowsSince04 likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'm currently not playing this game as I'm playing IV & EFLC. I will then go back to the PS2 era games and play them all fully. Once they're all done, I will go back to V and most likely get back into it. By that point the game might already be out for PS4/XBONE/PC, but I'm not going to get another copy, at least not yet, maybe down the road. What I'm really waiting for though is the SP DLC, and hopefully by Rockstar's means that doesn't mean just the assassinations and flight school missions, I'm hoping for a much bigger DLC, I would even pay another $10-20 if it had everything I want in it. However like I already said, I just currently lost interest at the moment and the "I'm Not a Hipster!" update influenced my decision to play it again by 0%. I will definitely play this game again, don't get me wrong. I still love this game actually, but a break from it is needed, it's the thing that going to keep me interested in the game in the long run.

GTAPCKING
  • GTAPCKING

Whatareyatalkinabeet?

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

Im playing this on my friends PS3 but i cant wait for it to come out on PC :D

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

My initial intention was to continue playing GTA V like I have been since the release date. However, my PS3 is finally starting to act annoyingly sh*tty after nearly 7 years (I still have the fat 80gb PS3, would wonderfully until today) and I literally can't play GTA V for 5 minutes before it starts f*cking up. The sound goes out, the map gets blurry and it freezes.

Looks like I am going to have to leave it be until the PS4 version 

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by LovesGTA, 20 June 2014 - 03:05 AM.

I may play GTAO again between now and the PC release if I am really bored; I am probably not touching SP again because I have plenty of other games to play. Thanks, Steam sales!

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Nope, not playing it anymore.

Might occasionally go online to play with mates but apart from that, I've lost interest in the game completely.

InTheShadowsSince04
  • InTheShadowsSince04

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

stopped playing in december...i made the jump to current gen...never looked back...for any game...as much as i want to touch Los Santos again...lol...

thc_404
  • thc_404

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Why would you stop playing? Won't be much difference from the original version, apart from updated graphics. You guys act like this will magically change the fact that it has a half-assed story... 

• mariasalvatore likes this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

what a c*nt act by rockstar.ive already played the story now rinse and repeat with the real gta v we hope you liked our demo.

thc_404
  • thc_404

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

what a c*nt act by rockstar.ive already played the story now rinse and repeat with the real gta v we hope you liked our demo.

Hey now! It was a glorified beta test, not a demo!

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, but not necessarily just the next gen version, and I'm really just taking a bit of a break from gaming in general. I used to be able to sink a decent amount of free time into GTA, but I'm finding it hard to right now; probably because I have a lot going on in terms of work, though.

I'll be saving up for the next gen V, but like I've said before, I'm in no real hurry to get it at this point. That may change later on in the year. But, right now, I'm just quite busy. When I come home, I don't even feel like doing anything. xD

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

It is summer so I am going out and enjoying the world. When the PS4 version drops the weather will be getting cold again so I will play that. 

Smesi.
  • Smesi.

Let's get scratchin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

As a guy that played the SP 2 times and making my 3rd playthrough ,I could say that yes,Still play it.

But i am not getting a NG Console because theres no games that interest me.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:25 AM

I am still playing the PS3 version with IRL friends, but I am getting the PC version to play with my Payday 2 and Gmod friends.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

I still play it from time to time until I reach the middle part of the story. I mostly play it for the new updates. I kind of wish I just kept a master save instead of starting new saves all the time.

I'm not even sure I'll bother with the NG version unless I feel it's worth buying again. For now the PS3 version is fine.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by tymaster50, 21 June 2014 - 03:38 AM.

for me to buy the game again, they'll have to do something different to justify the $60 price tag. 1080p isn't worth 60 bucks when a host of other games are coming out in the same time frame 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users