Photo

Stop playing gta online as if it were a job

172 replies to this topic
Imdatdudemhm
  • Imdatdudemhm

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:30 AM Edited by Imdatdudemhm, 19 June 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Coveted and Rooftop Rumble are not the only jobs and personally im glad they are harder. For starters they give more money then ALL OTHER MISSIONS. They should be difficult. Also the raise in difficulty hopefully makes the grinders play other jobs instead of doing the same stuff over and over. More players for other activities hopefully resulting in a better game. Or play free mode and FREE ROAM dont just spend all your money on new cars especially supers when you have a garage full of them. Buy some stupid slow cars and suvs like calvaclade for the fun of it. Add character to your character wear a suit, a t shirt saying i would love to **** you, or wear nothing just personalize yourself. Buy a BMX or roleplay as a cop. Run around with a knife and bat and go on a killstreak have a gta war get a jet and parachute on the back of a truck just be free. All I'm saying is have fun and stop grinding the same mission over and over again. FOR FAKE MONEY. ps... NO TANKS PLEASE :) by, NJB19
  • singemfrc, Gutslab, WillWorthington3 and 26 others like this

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the advice, doc.
  • IanE55, S-O-T-DOT and zimbabweboy like this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:32 AM Edited by Kazandra, 19 June 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Coveted and Rooftop Rumble are not the only jobs and personally im glad they are harder. For starters they give more money then ALL OTHER MISSIONS. They should be difficult. Also the raise in difficulty hopefully makes the grinders play other jobs instead of doing the same stuff over and over. More players for other activities hopefully resulting in a better game. Or play free mode and FREE ROAM dont just spend all your money on new cars especially supers when you have a garage full of them. Buy some stupid slow cars and suvs like calvaclade for the fun of it. Add character to your character wear a suit, a t shirt saying i would love to **** you, or wear nothing just personalize yourseld. Buy a BMX or roleplay as a cop. Run around with a knife and bat and go on a killstreak have a gta war get a jet and parachute on the back of a truck just be free. All I'm saying is have fun and stop grinding the same mission over and over again. FOR FAKE MONEY. ps... NO TANKS PLEASE :)

Try playing Lester's Satellite Communications mission sometime with people who don't know what they are doing and tell me.....

Should you get more money for Coveted and Rooftop Rumble?

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, xoC18H21NO3xo, RoachKiller_416 and 5 others like this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

I didn't know you were my father OP.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, GTA-Freak-Vi, blackwolfred and 5 others like this

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:35 AM Edited by Fluffy Apple, 19 June 2014 - 02:36 AM.

You hold logic OP unlike most gta players, i am exactly what you explained gta should be like, i enjoy myself and gain money on the way but people put their life into this game because their real life sucks so they try and make other people think they are TOP DOGE. but they have no logic, not like us true gamers.

anyone against this needs to consider therapy. strongly advised. 

• AAR, GroundZero, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 13 others like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Coveted and Rooftop Rumble are not the only jobs and personally im glad they are harder. For starters they give more money then ALL OTHER MISSIONS. They should be difficult. Also the raise in difficulty hopefully makes the grinders play other jobs instead of doing the same stuff over and over. More players for other activities hopefully resulting in a better game. Or play free mode and FREE ROAM dont just spend all your money on new cars especially supers when you have a garage full of them. Buy some stupid slow cars and suvs like calvaclade for the fun of it. Add character to your character wear a suit, a t shirt saying i would love to **** you, or wear nothing just personalize yourself. Buy a BMX or roleplay as a cop. Run around with a knife and bat and go on a killstreak have a gta war get a jet and parachute on the back of a truck just be free. All I'm saying is have fun and stop grinding the same mission over and over again. FOR FAKE MONEY. ps... NO TANKS PLEASE :) by, NJB19

verified.jpg

• AAR, ten-a-penny, sadpandamakeup and 2 others like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

If I want something which approach to getting it makes more sense:

1. Grind for one night and buy it or

2. Just play the game and buy it in a month

I know which one I'm going with.

• GroundZero, Xx-ADITYA-xX, thekillerdonuts and 6 others like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

Well maybe if the other modes and missions would actually give decent payouts nobody would grind. 

You think I enjoy playing RR over and over again just to barely make 150k an hour? You think ANYONE enjoys it? 

No. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna succumb to giving R* more money for cash cards, ain't happening. 

Fact is, I like to build up a good amount of wealth and have it for when new things come out and I can just get them right then and there, no waiting involved.

R* made the game feel like a job when they nerfed any decent in-game moneymaking methods to basically push people to buy cash cards. They overprice things to encourage the sales of cash cards. They took RR and made it harder but it didn't work, so they tweaked it again only now it's so glitchy it's pathetic. They did the same thing to coveted as well with the last update.

Also, I'm laughing so hard at your suggestion to roleplay as a cop. Maybe if R*(Who supposedly listens to us) would listen to the countless number of people who just want to be able to store and mod law enforcement vehicles, there'd be a lot more cop roleplaying. 

Hell, if I could mod myself a cruiser or even mod one of my cars into a cruiser, I'd be so freaking happy and I'd probably drive around like I was f*ckin' Robo Cop. Oh well, sounds like a great idea to me, which is why they won't implement it.  

• Zee, GroundZero, kbaltodano and 12 others like this

DeezyGaming
  • DeezyGaming

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

Well if other missions payed out more money and if rockstar actually released heist when the said they would, then I wouldn't grind RR and Coveted all the time. Money is easily made yes but it takes too much time to make a good lump some without buying cash cards.

GTA5 would be a great game if everybody didn't have to do glitches and hacks to make millions in 10 minutes.

Don't sit here and blame other players for grinding missions when it takes way too much time to get millions.
  • DrewFly123 and levendis like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

To have fun in this game, one kinda needs money........
  • kbaltodano, The Rangler, RandomCholo and 8 others like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

While i agree with you its only hard as hell to get anyone to play anything else but those two missions other than friends or crew.
  • Ash'R9k. and Sw1ft562 like this

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

well i don't grind missions i grinded 34 armored trucks in an hour and got 276k outta it. love the glitches new updates cause.

• Unknown_33 likes this

Blind and Mute
  • Blind and Mute

Very Ape, Very Nice.

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

If you don't want to glitch or shell out money for cash cards you have no other option but to grind. I mean 85k for a smart car is ridiculous.

• AAR, GroundZero, Ash'R9k. and 4 others like this

Imdatdudemhm
  • Imdatdudemhm

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

If I want something which approach to getting it makes more sense:
1. Grind for one night and buy it or
2. Just play the game and buy it in a month
I know which one I'm going with.

I am totally with you I do that too but you are not like some people who just get on gta grind for a few days buy some supers repeat. But if you are grinding that one or two jobs fof cash it should be difficult. So when people complain about missions becoming harder I don't understand why they dont take a break from the grind. And if your getting lots of quick money there should be a challenge. Ex: of this done right imo is robbing stores in gta online not the hardest thing to do the first couple stores but as you go on the cops get harder and harder.
  • leeroyjones87 likes this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

There are plenty of other good missions, I just hate playing Solo and when I host everyone typically drops so I am in a lose lose situation really.

On a side note, GTA Online may as well be my 2nd Job to go with my part time Job until I start a Full time Graduate position next year (just finished University but ended up with a year off) as I play it as much!

• girisawesomer likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

Stop telling me what to do. I'll play the way I want and what I want.

• GroundZero, The Rangler, hvcciookay and 6 others like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

it's fun to grind sometimes. 

and then when that gets old..

you do something else.

• BigBrother67 likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

Such denial. (Not you, op). I made $110k in an hour playing a selection of decent paying missions (only one coveted, no rooftop) a few days ago with time out for some stunt jumps and testing a possible race route in free roam. But carry on believing it takes a month to earn as much as one session of grinding.....base invaders, trash talk, crystal 3, potshot, extradition, defender - none of these exist.
  • ten-a-penny, hei3enberg and Cornbat like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

You hold logic OP unlike most gta players, i am exactly what you explained gta should be like, i enjoy myself and gain money on the way but people put their life into this game because their real life sucks so they try and make other people think they are TOP DOGE. but they have no logic, not like us true gamers.

anyone against this needs to consider therapy. strongly advised. 

Projecting thoughts like that just make you seem like an ass. 

Why do you assume putting lots of effort into a game(Any game, not just this) means your actual life sucks? 

Why can't you just wanna be really good at it? 

Seriously, acting like you're better than someone just because you're more of a casual player is stupid and elitist. Also referring to yourself as a "true gamer"? Really? Get off your pedestal. 

People play all sorts of games however they want to play, just because they don't play the way YOU play or the way you THINK they should play doesn't make them any better/worse than you and it says ZERO about them in real life. 

/endrant

• Ash'R9k., levendis, mareepx and 3 others like this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

This.  Always.

• dembot24 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

The moment you still see people defending Rockstar at all cost no matter how obvious the negative outweigh the positive... And then they say they're not Rockstar fanboys.

This is just like the update "I'm Not a Hipster". You said you're not, but you are.

• GroundZero, Xx-ADITYA-xX, Yogogamer and 3 others like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

If you don't want to glitch or shell out money for cash cards you have no other option but to grind. I mean 85k for a smart car is ridiculous.

Can it even park itself?

How smart is this thing.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

The phrase for this thread is "instant gratification".

Discuss.
  • coach_wargo and nomface11 like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm a mission grinder. BEFORE the update hit... I ran 16x coveted. Glad I did. Over and Over... When FOS V3 was announced on here... Ditto... Glad I did. Do I purchase every car. Not even close. I just now have finally increased my number of purchased cars from 4 to 6. I'm in a Tennis Tournament online, and do at least three deathmatches a day, simeon gets his requested cars from me, and bounties don't get too far, nor do armored trucks, or crates. In between mission grinding I advised a newer player to complete a gang attack and I let him take all the crates.

Some people know how to grind, and others don't. I like my seven million and counting. That 16x playlist is going to get abused as soon as I find a decent coveted team.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

True, people should stop grinding.

However, there are several other missions that pay just as much or only about 1k-1500 less.

The fact that people can't be bothered to try all the things the game has to offer says it all anyway.
  • darkwar854 likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:08 AM Edited by marco-polo, 19 June 2014 - 04:08 AM.

This.  Always.

Yup, tis our game and if we want to grind missions than so be it.

I don't do it as much as what i use too, but to me it's pointless doing long missions/little rewards when i could just do the same one that pays out more and is quicker.. I want to enjoy the small amount of time i have online, so i'm not going to spend the whole time doing missions like some seem to expect.

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

as you wish

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

The moment you still see people defending Rockstar at all cost no matter how obvious the negative outweigh the positive... And then they say they're not Rockstar fanboys.

This is just like the update "I'm Not a Hipster". You said you're not, but you are.

The moment when you see someone insist that their opinion that the game sucks is a fact and that anyone who argues is a fanboy.

I'm a fan boy. I like this game. It provides a wide variety of missions and activities I enjoy and, the way I play the game, plenty of money and rp. Obviously that's not the case for you, so the game sucks FOR YOU. That doesn't mean it sucks for everybody.

My three year old is just starting to realise that different people like different things...
  • ten-a-penny, am30, DrewFly123 and 1 other like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:52 AM

Grinding is for dweebs.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, Winning001, Cornbat and 2 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

The moment when you see someone insist that their opinion that the game sucks is a fact and that anyone who argues is a fanboy.

I'm a fan boy. I like this game. It provides a wide variety of missions and activities I enjoy and, the way I play the game, plenty of money and rp. Obviously that's not the case for you, so the game sucks FOR YOU. That doesn't mean it sucks for everybody.

My three year old is just starting to realise that different people like different things...

Oh damn, son. I love GTAV. I love GTA Online. I just don't like how Rockstar treat their customers.

And tell your point up there to this thread and yourself.

I play anyhow I like to play. I give feedback anyhow I like to give feedback. I give opinion anyhow I want to give it.

If you're truly holding to your point up there, you shouldn't be offended by my opinion earlier. lol

• strakan7, BigBrother67 and mareepx like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users