Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think R* are waiting for next gen to release Heists?

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Next gen? (134 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think R* are waiting for next gen to release heists

1. Yes (80 votes [58.39%])

Percentage of vote: 58.39%

2. No, we will receive heists before next gen. (57 votes [41.61%])

Percentage of vote: 41.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I just reckon it's the simplest, most obvious reason:

It's turning out to be a lot more work, with a bunch of inherent difficulties they didn't expect. And quite possibly, they're doing the opposite of what happened with GTAO's launch, in response to how all that panned out - I'm assuming they figured the complaints they'd get for a delayed release of heists would be the lesser evil, compared to the inevitable sh*tstorm that would happen if heists launched as a broken, buggy mess.

If that's the case, fair enough - I'd rather wait for heists and them be playable, rather than have them sooner, broken, and effectively delayed until all the bugs can be ironed out. Better iron 'em out behind closed doors and just give us the polished product, says I.

• Miss Malevolent and RicoPPP like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

I really hope not as that would be a huge slap in the face to the xbox 360/ps3 owners who made R* their billions. Making heists next gen exclusive would make R* look like a greedy company.

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by da_illest101, 20 June 2014 - 05:19 PM.

However, I wouldnt be surprised if they used the online Heists to sell next gen copies to people not willing to buy the game again.

And like sheep, people will go right along and purchase the game again... lol.

Purchasing a game twice just to play heist... smfh. I can honestly see people doing this. LMFAO

Most have already said yes to re-buying just for improved graphics. I'll be playing it but no money will be coming from my pocket.

f*ck that. I'll be playing newer games by then. Like seriously, Halo 2 Anniversary this fall and the Halo 5 beta. #weback

By then it'll be - GTA: Online? ain't nobody got time for dat
Newer games like halo 2 anniversary....

Anyways I sure heist will come out before. Still don't get the hype for heist, but whatever.

NubcakeVII
  • NubcakeVII

Strawberry Fondler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

They'd better pay very well and be entertaining. I don't really expect much, but I want something that I could at least enjoy with friends and get a nice profit off of.

Now, where's the stock market?

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Yes. Wouldn't you?

if you wouldnt, then you arent thinking with the capitalist mentality. 

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

Yes. Wouldn't you?

if you wouldnt, then you arent thinking with the capitalist mentality.

That mentality is why the games industry is going to have another collapse and your favorite companies are going to go out of business. There's capitalism and theres smart capitalism.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

Here we practice WalMartism and little else. By the way, is there one in Los Santoa? Lol
  • Keegeroo likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

duh

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

I don't know but they better hurry this time. My gold membership is expiring in a couple of months and I wasn't planning on renewing lol.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

to be honest, I'll be surprised if they actually release GTA on next gen this year at all...  maybe next spring?   I think we'll have hiests here first, but not anytime soon.

In the initial poll, I cynically voted that heists will not be out before next-gen GTAV, but then I thought, what's the trend for Rockstar releasing anything in the time frame implied by their marketing? The answer is, hardly ever.  

Look at the massive delay from GTAV announcement of "full development" until we actually got it.  Back then, people were even thinking that GTAV would come out in May 2012.  My god, what a long disappointing era that was.  2012 was one of the darkest years in hirstory.  

So, I agree with your assessment, that GTAV PC/XB1/PS4 release will be in 2015, and just maybe, heists of some sort could come out before that, just to keep the tiniest bit of momentum alive.  

I have also said in another thread that the longer heists are delayed, the more disappointing they will be, because it is taking so long for Rockstar to scale them back from their original grand plans and get the re-designed, downsized heists to run with some stability on Xbox360 and PS3.  

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

smokes weed to kombat ADD

• Members
  • United-States
  • Extra-Special Super Cool Guy! [2014]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

in December I felt like heists were a pipe dream but when they said "spring" I thought it was already a foregone conclusion... BUT now when they are being even VAGUER if that's at all possible for rockstar... I'm almost as disappointed with rockstar's methods as I was when they released the beach bum dlc. Although what was said about this being a beta for them to test heists on, I just don't see them coming out before GTA V is re-released. I'm just a realist. Its been 9 months and the most recent information for rockstar regarding heists is "soon"...

wally1990
  • wally1990

Best thing since bread slicers

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

I voted no because simply put they've promised heists for this generation of GTA:O. Not only this but people are admanat (as I've stated in a similar discussion) that 7th Gen is being completely abandonned like Jack Sparrow on that little island with nought but a pistol and some turtles. This opinion is lunacy. They both work on the same engine and thus will both be able to receive future updates regardless of generation. The only difference will be that one is prettier than the other.

Buuuut to go back to your original question. GTA V for 8th Gen is scheduled (I think) for Autumn (Fall) of this year, Hesists will come out LONG BEFORE than. This summer most likely.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 21 June 2014 - 09:22 AM.

I don't know what's gets the most on my nerves. Seeing that the "yes" has more vote than "no", or if R* could really release the Heist on Fall.

Is they do it, they must say it once up for all !!! But I can't believe it. They said it is delayed but, not so far. Come on...

I don't even know why I'm angry about it, since I don't give a f*ck about heists... damn. Just stop talking about it, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users