Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anybody else disappointed with the Blade?

77 replies to this topic
Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

The other cars I could give a damn about, but I was really looking forward to the Blade... it was one of my favorites in GTA San Andreas. I have to say though... I'm disappointed with it.

You cant even make it look like a good looking lowrider, and with the lifted and bulky front end, it doesn't even make a good muscle car. Done up correctly it makes an OK muscle, but still not near as good as the others. The non adjustable reverse rake is kind of a downer... I get that it's a gasser and it's meant that way.

Not saying I hate it... just that it's not what was expected. One thing I do agree with, is that it does have great performance. There's no denying that. I'm sure over time it'll probably grow on me a bit, especially after messing around with it a little more. I guess the biggest part of it is that I was expecting a closer resemblance to the OG Blade.

How does it do In races? I just watched a youtube vid that claimed it is the fastest Muscle car in the game now and should be used for racing in such class.

Not really sure about races... I dont really get into races all that much, although it did do good in evading 3 stars, and there have been a few people who have commented on it doing very well in races. It's a little bit squirrely in sharp corners in my opinion, but no worse than a couple other existing cars... nothing  you cant get used to if you know how to drive decently in the game.

Cool thanks for your input.

I generally dont buy cars if they cannot make me money in races. lol.

Based God Cali
  • Based God Cali

Really Nigga .__.-Formerly jjbinks4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

The other cars I could give a damn about, but I was really looking forward to the Blade... it was one of my favorites in GTA San Andreas. I have to say though... I'm disappointed with it.

You cant even make it look like a good looking lowrider, and with the lifted and bulky front end, it doesn't even make a good muscle car. Done up correctly it makes an OK muscle, but still not near as good as the others. The non adjustable reverse rake is kind of a downer... I get that it's a gasser and it's meant that way.

Not saying I hate it... just that it's not what was expected. One thing I do agree with, is that it does have great performance. There's no denying that. I'm sure over time it'll probably grow on me a bit, especially after messing around with it a little more. I guess the biggest part of it is that I was expecting a closer resemblance to the OG Blade.

How does it do In races? I just watched a youtube vid that claimed it is the fastest Muscle car in the game now and should be used for racing in such class.

Not really sure about races... I dont really get into races all that much, although it did do good in evading 3 stars, and there have been a few people who have commented on it doing very well in races. It's a little bit squirrely in sharp corners in my opinion, but no worse than a couple other existing cars... nothing  you cant get used to if you know how to drive decently in the game.

It will beat any muscle but it understeers a lot if you have the pedal to the floor

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

This was all tested in SP also... I wont buy a car until I max it out, run it, and then mess with the overall looks for a bit. I'm still on the fence about it lol

• Day Reaper likes this

DKNIGHT123
  • DKNIGHT123

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

I have to say,I think they ruined the look with the lowers back. It's bottom of my to buy list on that alone. I've worked on my 'race' cars, the stuff I buy now are more for free roam and missions.

Hoping a mate has bought one so I can try it out, if it rides well I might buy it sooner rather than later.

Based God Cali
  • Based God Cali

Really Nigga .__.-Formerly jjbinks4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by jjbinks4, 19 June 2014 - 08:47 PM.

How many times do you guys have to hear it? It's a GASSER, not a LOWRIDER. Rockstar wanted it to be a muscle car, not a lowrider. If you want the lowrider Blade, go back to SA.
gasser-19.jpg
What the Blade is IRL=
4814620840_b8890863df_z.jpg
  • Day Reaper likes this

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

You cant even make it look like a good looking lowrider, and with the lifted and bulky front end, it doesn't even make a good muscle car.

That is because it is not a lowrider.

Secondly, it's a gasser drag car, hence the straight axle set up in the front. It actually looks very close to IRL.

• Based God Cali likes this

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hoping a mate has bought one so I can try it out, if it rides well I might buy it sooner rather than later.

As mentioned above, just test it in SP.

• Mr.Smith187 likes this

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

on the contrary I'm pleasantly surprised. Love the sound, the look and the speed. Just my humble opinion

DKNIGHT123
  • DKNIGHT123

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

As mentioned above, just test it in SP.

LOl, good point. I'd pretty much forgotten about SP.
  • Mr.Smith187 likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

I posted this in another thread.

I don't understand the hate for the blade.

Oh wow, so it doesn't look like the one from SA. So what? Are people aware of different model years?

Example. 

I Put them in a spoiler to make it just that bit shorter. :D

Spoiler

Just because it shares the name doesn't mean it has to be the exact same car. Are people so dumb they think a car has to look exactly the same because it shares the same name?

I'd also like to add that a car with the same model name can also be a different type of car which, in my example, is shown with the 4th gen camaro which is a sports car, not a muscle car.

You can apply the same logic to the blade.

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by Mr.Smith187, 19 June 2014 - 09:49 PM.

I posted this in another thread.

I don't understand the hate for the blade.

Oh wow, so it doesn't look like the one from SA. So what? Are people aware of different model years?

Example. 

I Put them in a spoiler to make it just that bit shorter. :D

Spoiler

Just because it shares the name doesn't mean it has to be the exact same car. Are people so dumb they think a car has to look exactly the same because it shares the same name?

I'd also like to add that a car with the same model name can also be a different type of car which, in my example, is shown with the 4th gen camaro which is a sports car, not a muscle car.

You can apply the same logic to the blade.

I'm aware of all this man... and there's a big difference between disappointment and hate... I'm just simply saying I was expecting a car that could make a good lowrider as well as an equally good classic muscle, like a lot of classics do... especially carrying the Blade name. I wasnt expecting the Blade to be forced as a gasser. 

I'ts really not that big a deal, and like I said above, it's sure to grow on me as I mess with it more.

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

It's the ONLY gasser we have in gta 5 Nd all people can do is complain. Stop living in the past and enjoy it. The old blade is not more attractive than this one as a muscle car but it is as a low rider. This is a gasser, sorry rockstar didn't rename it to make you whiners happy.

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

That car reminds of the "BuWicked" in Gran Turismo 4(A Buick Special with Corvette engine and drivetrain)...Can't wait to have one myself.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Ticked me off for sure, they could have named it anything they wanted but the Blade already existed as a lowrider, very disappointed. The fellas over at R* sure seem to be Ford fanboys. BTW the 60's Impalas are great hot rods also so you could do it many ways, instead we get a car with one purpose-hotrod. What is bothering me most; I had my hopes up for lowriders in thins game but making the Blade a muscle car just makes me think all they care about is races. Why is every other car a Vapid anyway? There are more import cars than domestic in this game, its a travishamockery.

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

Well, you're right that there are more Vapids than any other "manufacturer," but that's only because so many of the utility trucks are Vapids. Bravado, Albany and DeClasse each have 8 to 10 models in the game, and Dundreary, Cheval, Imponte, Invetero and Western all appear to be American brands. 

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Why is every other car a Vapid anyway? There are more import cars than domestic in this game, its a travishamockery.

Ford has a large presence in most driving games because they offer so many models of vehicles...

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by Feurian42, 20 June 2014 - 12:41 AM.

Well, you're right that there are more Vapids than any other "manufacturer," but that's only because so many of the utility trucks are Vapids. Bravado, Albany and DeClasse each have 8 to 10 models in the game, and Dundreary, Cheval, Imponte, Invetero and Western all appear to be American brands.

there are other manufacturers, but it seems like the "good" cars in each class are fords, cept the tornado. And the fact that the in game representations of Fords are more accurate than any other American manufacturer. And Ford don't have that many more model lines than Chevy, yeah they got Dodge beat but Mopar cars have always been more exciting. SRT-10 anyone? I don't remember seeing 8-10 different DeClasse vehicles that were on par with the Vapids in this game, same for the Albany. The dumb part is IH has far more utility vehicles on the streets than Ford. (International Harvester). For that matter almost every company has a vehicle in most categories other than trucks. But Vapid seems to have one in every category in game, I just think it should be more diverse.

BraunS
  • BraunS

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

never even realized this version of the blade was a gasser. That's mostly because I never knew what a gasser was until i saw this thread. i just always imagined my blade was sitting up for that hydraulic 'look' like this

1124wv4.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users