GTA IV Current Gen Overhaul

7 replies to this topic
Jokerjohn09
  • Jokerjohn09

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

I came across a thread that suggested the idea of GTA IV on current gen. I immediately thought "Couldn't this be done with mods?" 

So I've come up with the idea to start a project that makes IV/EFLC have the graphical fidelity of V.

Examples:

: Higher Poly Models

: 4K Textures 

: Parallax Occlusion Mapping

: Advanced Weather Effects

Obviously, this would take a lot of time and resources but it would it would be a great way to future

proof the game. There are dozens of programs out there that could really help too.

I would very much appreciate some feedback.

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

wow awesome, but GTA IV could handle it? sometimes if use a lot mods, got missing textures, etc
I'm sure, modders will do the same like they did, such as GTA san andreas use GTA IV engine
And I hope the next is, GTA IV use GTA V engine. that would be awesome

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

So I've come up with the idea to start a project that makes IV/EFLC have the graphical fidelity of V.

Great, let's hear it.

: Higher Poly Models

V and IV model quality are very similar. If anything, GTA5 has maybe an increase of 20% in polycount, at the most.

: 4K Textures 
V doesn't use 4K textures, it doesn't use 2k either. And 1k is rarely used. Most of the textures are 512 and 256, some of the smaller pieces are 128. Double these resolutions for the PC version of any R* RAGE engine title.

: Parallax Occlusion Mapping
I'm fairly cetain V doesn't use this. It's all just regular normal mapping. We'll see this feuture, as well as PBR (Physically Based Rending) in a next gen R* title, hopefully.
: Advanced Weather Effects
Yes, cool, but we have ENB for that, i'm sure you are familar with that.
Obviously, this would take a lot of time and resources
Yes it would, IV has more than 10.000 models and 30.000 textures.
There are dozens of programs out there that could really help too.

No, there are not. Texutres need to be remade and models need to be improved by hand. No program can automate this.

I would very much appreciate some feedback.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure if you meant the x360\ps3 version of GTA5, or the next gen version?

In case of the latter, the same things apply, just maybe we'll see 2k textures on PC. Though most of the tiling is pretty small, so 1k will do just fine.

As for Parallax Occlusion Mapping, possibly, there are similar techniques that can also be used.

• henry_ and DaBOSS54320 like this

Bone34
  • Bone34

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by Bone34, 07 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

+1 on MajesticNLs post

Anyway overal graphics overhaul to 4k textures ? Im sorry to tell you, but my response would be hell no, because this game uses so many textures it would take ages to complete, only SRT on SA is still being developed to now and it began more than 5 years ago i think. And even if you would get those textures working in game, the game would run like total sh*t due to fact R* horribly optimised this game for PCs.

And IMO you dont really need 4k photorealistic textures to enjoy the game, im very fine with defaults.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Whore

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Of all the modifications in GTA IV the one modification that can make this game is a camera position / cinematic cam modification. CInematic cam is the best way to get graphic awesomeness in GTA IV. But it's clunky, non-intuitive and quite counterproductive much of the time. 

If you look at GTA IV from a simple 3/4 view, lower than a vehicle it's epic. I see all kinds of camera scripts at work in IV at idle - none have a mod attached that invoke them at will. You can't play the game with the free roam camera - it's only for screenshots.

• DrGta likes this

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

how about fix the crappy gta iv vehicle handling and player movement, its so dull and crappy, everything tilts and slides.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

how about fix the crappy gta iv vehicle handling and player movement, its so dull and crappy, everything tilts and slides.

How about you stop bumping old topics?

How have you been on this forum since 09 and still don't understand the basic forum rules that generally EVERY forum uses.

DaBOSS54320
  • DaBOSS54320

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

The vehicle handling is awesome imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users