Photo

Why did they make coveted way harder?

98 replies to this topic
SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by SmokeDat, 22 June 2014 - 12:48 AM.

With a recently started new character and only rank 36. I've managed to make almost a million dollars off some of the so-called poor mission payouts. I have a Jester, a 801RR and a 6 car apt/garage.

Literally less than 12 hours of game time...yeah R* really be shovin cesh kards down ma throat...smh.

OT: not harder imo. Just longer and more tedious.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

As others have already noted, the reason is cash cards. The missions were the most efficient in terms of money to time spent. Therefore they upped the difficulty so that a person's earning efficiency would be reduced and this would encourage some players to buy cash cards rather than deal with the increased grind.

For those of you arguing mission variety, that is just a secondary effect and just another part of the cash card plot. The other missions did not have anywhere near the earning efficiency of Rooftop Rumble or Coveted so Rockstar doesn't care if people play those more or repeat those missions. If they cared about the variety of missions that people played (or the variety of job types that people played) they simply would have raised the payouts of other missions/other job types so that their efficiency matched or exceeded Rooftop Rumble and Coveted. If they did that people would play the other missions and people would play a larger variety of jobs. But this would reduce the incentive to buy cash cards.

• mr toasterbutt likes this

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Its because they are trying harder and harder to get people to buy the stupid shark cards.

Because R* knows that people will buy cash cards if its harder for them to make money

They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards.

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

But I think they want us to waste our real life money on their stupid shark cards.

I was gonna say Cash Cards, but GTAking beat me to it.

^^^Everyone up there is a f*cking retard. 

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

This. Rockstar listens to their customers. Their devote customers were wanting to use the Quick Mission feature but would only ever end up in RR or Coveted (same with Quick Random). So they buffed them out in hopes that people would possibly stop replaying that sh*t over and over and over and over again. I f*cking love the new Coveted. It's f*cking great. New RR is the beez-knees too. I play the game for fun, not for money, money will come to you, it's not a mad dash for cash.

those missions are the only high paying missions if R* made all the payouts the same I wouldn't mind doing other missions buts its not so I dont.

I dispise people like you. I made over $250K yesterday and only played Coveted once, RR twice.
Here's a list of $15K+ payout jobs, there may be more...so get f*cking playing the game:
  • American Exports
  • Extradition
  • Chemical Extraction
  • Chopper Tail
  • Defender
  • Trash Talk
  • Stocks and Scares
  • Docks to Stocks
  • Docks to Stocks II
  • Base Invaders
  • Landing Gear
  • Judging the Jury
  • On Manuevers
  • Bust Out
  • Satellite Communications

Wow. you are one of the more impressive blind fanboys. I have to say I do find your tenacity to defend the game at all costs quite interesting.
  • theGTAking101 and vipprimo like this

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

It's glitched on me a couple times, but the mission itself isn't any more difficult IMO.  You can still snipe most of the enemies from the start location rendering the two minute timer irrelevant.  The only annoyance is having the helicopter spawn in once you collect the container.

I've failed the mission a few times by picking up the container to spawn the heli, then setting it down again and landing the Cargobob to wait for the chopper and shoot it down.  As soon as I exit the Cargobob I get a message saying the container was destroyed and the mission fails.  I've played it a few times now and only completed it once successfully.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

Its because they are trying harder and harder to get people to buy the stupid shark cards.

Because R* knows that people will buy cash cards if its harder for them to make money

They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards.

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

But I think they want us to waste our real life money on their stupid shark cards.

I was gonna say Cash Cards, but GTAking beat me to it.

^^^Everyone up there is a f*cking retard. 

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

This. Rockstar listens to their customers. Their devote customers were wanting to use the Quick Mission feature but would only ever end up in RR or Coveted (same with Quick Random). So they buffed them out in hopes that people would possibly stop replaying that sh*t over and over and over and over again. I f*cking love the new Coveted. It's f*cking great. New RR is the beez-knees too. I play the game for fun, not for money, money will come to you, it's not a mad dash for cash.

those missions are the only high paying missions if R* made all the payouts the same I wouldn't mind doing other missions buts its not so I dont.

I dispise people like you. I made over $250K yesterday and only played Coveted once, RR twice.
Here's a list of $15K+ payout jobs, there may be more...so get f*cking playing the game:
  • American Exports
  • Extradition
  • Chemical Extraction
  • Chopper Tail
  • Defender
  • Trash Talk
  • Stocks and Scares
  • Docks to Stocks
  • Docks to Stocks II
  • Base Invaders
  • Landing Gear
  • Judging the Jury
  • On Manuevers
  • Bust Out
  • Satellite Communications

Wow. you are one of the more impressive blind fanboys. I have to say I do find your tenacity to defend the game at all costs quite interesting.

Sorry for the super quote, but I couldn't have said it better myself.

CYWNightmare
  • CYWNightmare

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

Well now all I play is potshot by myself or I do covented with others so we can get a tank and buzzard and beat it in the same time or maybe a little slower.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:32 AM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 22 June 2014 - 07:33 AM.

Because they didn't balance it properly in the beginning.  And it was called to their attention when people just kept grinding it out for (what amounts to) easy money and RP.

It should have been more difficult from the very beginning.

Man, I just... so... love that when something changes, and somebody doesn't like it, cash cards get blamed.  Hilarity!

You have blinders on?

Why do you think they unveiled the "Blind eye" and simultaneously made it harder to steal a jet?

Why do you think they introduced a horn that costs $50,000? - And a Smart Car that costs $70,000?

Why does window tint cost TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS?

Open your f*cking eyes.

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

I would not call it harder, i would only call it different, and it takes about a minute or two longer to complete,

I like playing it better now for two reasons,

One is i dont land in a coveted lobby as much as i used to,

Two its different

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

tl;dr..

all this bawling for what, a minute's extra work if that..?!?!?

tbh, I found it a lot easier... everything can virtually be snipred from one position and it's a shooting gallery down the hill now.. in fact, the times I've played it, I've not had a single shot fired at me..

and the helicopter chase is laughable...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users