Why did they make coveted way harder?

98 replies to this topic
bangbangyouredead
  • bangbangyouredead

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

I would love to know how me grinding a mission for cash would affect people like you. 

HunterGriff
  • HunterGriff

Square and weird

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

then they should level the damn playing field... don't give us one goddamn mission that has a decent pay out...give us a bunch at our level that doesn't pay out 1 or 2 grand 

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Probably to justify its payout because it was a zero effort mission with a high pay

• DJ Kornphlake likes this

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

its not really that much harder....just much more of a chore to do

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Mission pays more than all other missions that are 10x harder. R* just made the time spent worth it. If I only make like 15,000 from LS connection no way I should be making 18k on coveted (pre-patch)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Simple answer is to encourage people to play other missions.

Christophe69
  • Christophe69

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Its a mans mission now, not for boys! lol

its not really that much harder....just much more of a chore to do

A few extra peeps to shot and a longer chopper ride, with two in the Cargobob you can easy shoot down the chasing chopper.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

^ That\s what I've been always saying.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by CenMan, 20 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

I used to think the cash card argument is pretty stupid, but now I'm starting to believe that this is one of Rockstar's main motivations for making the prices/payouts so unbalanced. I've never seen anything like this in another game. Jobs pay so incredibly poorly it's pretty unbelievable.

Say for instance you don't grind, and all you ever do is hit "random" in the quick jobs menu. I would imagine this is the way of playing that is closest to what Rockstar had in mind, giving you variety between all the game modes. It would take so long to buy something expensive, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if it took you over 20 hours just to buy and mod a supercar this way.

edit: I'm gonna try this some time. I'll do random jobs from the quick jobs menu for an hour and see how much money I make. When I get put in an empty lobby, do you guys think I should stay and invite people or leave and try again?

• mr toasterbutt likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Same here SuperJude, rock* didn't stop me from farming in the playlist. Especially since i just got some pro tips, and yes all R* did was make the mission tons more fun.

-_- I just failed the mission for "Killed an enemy"?!?!?!?! Wow i didn't know R* does lowblows.

Took you 7 minutes to change your mind xD

• Artruo likes this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

I have seen a Gerald mission I think that only pays out 500.... WTF. if you throw one sticky bomb during that mission you are already in the red.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Vooodu, 20 June 2014 - 03:57 PM.

I used to think the cash card argument is pretty stupid, but now I'm starting to believe that this is one of Rockstar's main motivations for making the prices/payouts so unbalanced. I've never seen anything like this in another game. Jobs pay so incredibly poorly it's pretty unbelievable.

lol.. I Was like that too.  But the proof is in the puddin`.

They even upped the price for Spoilers on cars last patch.  $17 000 for a spolier....     Hell, $7000 for a leather jacket.  wtf..

Mean while R* is trying to make high payout jobs last longer or waste more ammo to finish.  While not even trying to up the payouts on harder jobs.

I think thats the main reason why heists and mission creator is not out yet.  Because heists will be to easy with AA and players will just run through it and gain huge payouts very fast.  Same with the mission creator, people will just make simple mission for quick payouts.

I doubt R* will add these until every money sucking DLC is released.

• CenMan, HunterGriff and mr toasterbutt like this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

yeah , i wonder that's too . i have feeling R* forces some players use cash cards

i would prefer chopper trail grind 

How exactly does Coveted requiring slightly more effort equate to Rockstar forcing anyone to buy cash cards?  Please, I'd love to read the logic behind this.  An extra $200 in ammo at the most.  Dang, better go buy a cash card(!)

Cash card conspriacies got old back in November.

Say for instance you don't grind, and all you ever do is hit "random" in the quick jobs menu. I would imagine this is the way of playing that is closest to what Rockstar had in mind, giving you variety between all the game modes. It would take so long to buy something expensive, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if it took you over 20 hours just to buy and mod a supercar this way.

edit: I'm gonna try this some time. I'll do random jobs from the quick jobs menu for an hour and see how much money I make. When I get put in an empty lobby, do you guys think I should stay and invite people or leave and try again?

Keeping thinking the arguement is stupid, 'cos it is.

I don't grind and just hit random mission after random mission.  Currently at $18.6 million after buying and fully modding 3 DLC cars.  Making money is ridiculously easy if you don't buy stuff just 'cos it's new and don't waste it all in free-roam battles.  You just got to bide your time and save a bit of what you earn and money just happens.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by Vooodu, 20 June 2014 - 04:02 PM.

yeah , i wonder that's too . i have feeling R* forces some players use cash cards

How exactly does Coveted requiring slightly more effort equate to Rockstar forcing anyone to buy cash cards?  Please, I'd love to read the logic behind this.  An extra $200 in ammo at the most.  Dang, better go buy a cash card(!)

The real question is... Why is R* messing around with high paying missions and not fixing the lower paying difficult missions instead.

People are constantly going to play the easiest and high paying missions due to how the GTA O is designed.   Everything is expensive and if you can`t afford it, the game will send you right to its cash store if you press the button to fast.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

The real question is... Why is R* messing around with high paying missions and not fixing the lower paying difficult missions instead.

People are constantly going to play the easiest and high paying missions due to how the GTA O is designed.   Everything is expensive and if you can`t afford it, the game will send you right to its cash store if you press the button to fast.

Coveted and Rooftop Rumble were far too easy for the payout by comparision.  Even now they are still pretty easy but it's a step in the right direction imho.

The games-store is easily backed out of but I find it's only if I don't have any loose cash I'll get sent there.

• ten-a-penny and DJ Kornphlake like this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Because it was popular and people were enjoying it far too much.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Coveted and Rooftop Rumble were far too easy for the payout by comparision.  Even now they are still pretty easy but it's a step in the right direction imho.

The games-store is easily backed out of but I find it's only if I don't have any loose cash I'll get sent there.

You seem to have a hard time with staying on point in a lot of subjects.

My point is.. f*ck THOSE MISSIONS.  R* should be tinkering with the harder missions with sh*tty payouts and not trying to make easy high paying missions more time consuming.  

I mean, look at those new missions we go last update.  They are pretty hard but pay barely $3000-5000 and is ranked at like a lvl 17 mission.  Some of those missions are 4x harder then RR and yet pay peanuts.

R* seems to be trying to annoying grinders.. Because grinders directly effect their chances of cash card sales.  Nothing more then that really.

• MightyLA and mr toasterbutt like this

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by am30, 20 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

My point is.. f*ck THOSE MISSIONS.  R* should be tinkering with the harder missions with sh*tty payouts and not trying to make easy high paying missions more time consuming.  

I mean, look at those new missions we go last update.  They are pretty hard but pay barely $3000-5000 and is ranked at like a lvl 17 mission.  Some of those missions are 4x harder then RR and yet pay peanuts.

R* seems to be trying to annoying grinders.. Because grinders directly effect their chances of cash card sales.  Nothing more then that really.

Oh my bad, I thought we were discussin the changes to Coveted and the payouts in general(!)

The payouts are fine as they are.  For me it's about the fun.  Got enough GTA $.

Grinders don't affect anything except themselves.  Cash cards are irrelevant to all but those who play occasionally.

• SmokeDat likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Oh my bad, I thought we were discussin the changes to Coveted and the payouts in general(!)

The payouts are fine as they are.  For me it's about the fun.  Got enough GTA $.

Grinders don't affect anything except themselves.  Cash cards are irrelevant to all but those who play occasionally.

Coveted was never fun...   And the only reason people played it was because they WANT easy MONEY instead of buying cash cards ot cheating.  Bottom line.

And the main reason players avoid other missions is because it pays peanuts OR are to time consuming/ammo wasting.

TBONE1138
  • TBONE1138

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by TBONE1138, 20 June 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Honestly I find Coveted to be way more fun with the changes, and not much more time consuming for an elite player like myself. I kinda hope they revise missions like that (Rooftop Rumble I'm looking at you!) more often. It keeps things fresh.
  • DJ Kornphlake likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Because it was extremely easy for a single person to run the mission and complete it

in the same amount of time as 4 players.

brb run to chopper

brb get in and haul crate away

CThompson17
  • CThompson17

Heavy Metal Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

If I'm honest, it's actually pretty fun, this mission.  It provides more of a challenge and feels like the payout is worth it.  Now, yes it does take longer, but as I said, I think it's fun. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

I find this mission actually worth it. In old Coveted I was praying not to die from the f*cking boredom. Now its entertaining.

• Khan96, A Maned Wolf and Serdzy like this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

I honestly think this mission is a lot easier than before, and I did it solo without losing any health or armor. It takes a tiny bit longer, but it's easier than before and they did me a favor.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

It's Miljet Time

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

This playlist has Potshot then Coveted x3, so you can call a Buzzard and park it at the Coveted spawn while teammates do Potshot.. Much faster IMO (swoop down hill to activate Cargobob, turn, annihilate).

I like it a lot more now.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

Because they are c*nts...

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

Kash kards someonw had to say it

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:27 AM Edited by CenMan, 21 June 2014 - 12:30 AM.

Keeping thinking the arguement is stupid, 'cos it is.

I don't grind and just hit random mission after random mission.  Currently at $18.6 million after buying and fully modding 3 DLC cars.  Making money is ridiculously easy if you don't buy stuff just 'cos it's new and don't waste it all in free-roam battles.  You just got to bide your time and save a bit of what you earn and money just happens.

If I may, how long have you been playing? And do you also play the Gerald, Lamar and Simeon missions or do you find another when those come up?

For me the biggest problem with this (sort of off topic) is actually not the low payouts, it's the terrible matchmaking. I'd guess that more than half the time I do this, things don't go smoothly, i.e. I end up in a lobby with other people in it and the mission starts without freezing or hanging the game. Add that to the loading and waiting times, I feel like I only spend half the time actually playing and the other half waiting, loading, or trying to find a lobby that has other people in it.

PS: Are the mission playlists actually "legit" now? If I remember correctly, the old Coveted playlists were made with some sort of glitch because missions weren't available for playlists. Can I make a playlist with all the missions that pay 15k or more?

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Poohdini, 21 June 2014 - 01:09 AM.

if they want us to play other missions then make other missions payouts worth while

ive done some missions where i thought i was gonna get 20k and only got 3....felt like i got ripped off

mr toasterbutt
  • mr toasterbutt

guy with toaster up his ass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

R* seems to be trying to annoying grinders anyone earning money in-game. Because grinders anyone earning money directly effect their chances of cash card sales.  Nothing more then that really.

I agree with almost everything you have to say about this, but I had to go and fix your last sentence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users