Why did they make coveted way harder?

98 replies to this topic
madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Its not that hard if you have a tank me an my friend do the mission in about the same time as before may be a bit longer

A topic about how hard it is to make money and you say "if you've already spent 1.5 Million on a tank"...

TheLastSkill3r
  • TheLastSkill3r

NCR

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Because R* knows that people will buy cash cards if its harder for them to make money

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

The main problem with Coveted was its payout VS how easy it was.

It was a herp a derp mission.  You herp a derp with a sniper rifle down the hill.. Snatch the chopper.. Pick up the crate and thats it.  Its pretty much the easiest and most boring co-op mission in the game.

I think the pay out should have been nerfed to $5000 instead of changing anything..    of course R* should jack up the payouts on some of the really hard/low payout mission.

• LuapYllier likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Atv steal. The more players the less the score. But if it's just me then go stick that 2 grand up your ass simeon.

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

-_- I just failed the mission for "Killed an enemy"?!?!?!?! Wow i didn't know R* does lowblows.

Killed an enemy before reaching the marker?!
Happens with RR aswell.

MaxxyB
  • MaxxyB

Consuela FTW

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Its not that hard if you have a tank me an my friend do the mission in about the same time as before may be a bit longer

A topic about how hard it is to make money and you say "if you've already spent 1.5 Million on a tank"...

I got it when everybody had tons of cash, if there weren't any hacked lobbies I wouldn't even probably brought a tank I just don't see a point of it unless you're in a mission  

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

To encourage playing other missions, that's why.

Also, the payouts didn't decrease and they aren't really harder. More targets means more RP.

I actually quite like the update to Coveted, cause now once the shooting starts it can get frantic

No longer a walk in the park, though if your sniper shots are on point,

you can still silence some of the targets without alerting everybody in the camp.

The longest part of the mission isn't the shooting, it's the flying to the random "Madrazo" warehouse.

jsteelfex
  • jsteelfex

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Its because they are trying harder and harder to get people to buy the stupid shark cards. I really don't understand the guys saying "its because they want you to experience other content". Here is my response: money is happiness in this game. All the good sh*t costs out the ass, and all that other content doesn't pay sh*t. If you guys want to experience the other content, then go ahead and start that sh*t up yourself. Sometimes I'm strapped for cash and need to grind a few times. Remember when certain races paid upwards of 15k, and certain missions paid over 20k? Yet rockstar nerfed these rather quickly and started making more of those stupid shark cards. You know, if they quit nerfing the only missions that actually paid for the ammo that you bought before the mission, then it would cut down on all the modders and hackers finding exploits for money. Rockstar just wants to milk us for all the money they can, and they don't get money from people grinding coveted and rooftop rumble. Pretty soon, nothing in the game will pay money with the exception of shark cards. 

• Zee and Patgosplat like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

an enemy was killed? WHAT? isn't that what i'm supposed to fuсking do? no coveted for me anymore.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 19 June 2014 - 04:53 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...d/?p=1065626867

You suck very hard at the game if you find this mission any hard.

threelions
  • threelions

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by threelions, 19 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.

The main problem with Coveted was its payout VS how easy it was.

It was a herp a derp mission.  You herp a derp with a sniper rifle down the hill.. Snatch the chopper.. Pick up the crate and thats it.  Its pretty much the easiest and most boring co-op mission in the game.

I think the pay out should have been nerfed to $5000 instead of changing anything..    of course R* should jack up the payouts on some of the really hard/low payout mission.

$18,000 is not a big pay out when the cost of upgrading and buying cars is so high. If anything it's the other missions that are paying out too low.

I hate grinding, it's the last thing I want to do in a game but the way GTA Online is set up you have no choice, I have a job and a family I don't have time to spend all day everyday playing just to get a few small upgrades to a car. With Coverted I could grind for half an hour and have a bit of money to enjoy new updates etc.

Anyone trying to kid themselves this isn't just to force people into buying GTA money from Rockstar is kidding themselves.

• LukeMayhem likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

I was gonna say Cash Cards, but GTAking beat me to it. 

I think they want you to stop playing one mission all day and give enjoyment to other players and what they don't realize is that unless you make the playing field even you won't get change.  

This exactly, people sit there and spam the same missions all day and it's so annoying, you want to blame them but it's rockstar's fault for making payouts so sh*tty. 

• vipprimo likes this

IParadise CityI
  • IParadise CityI

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by IParadise CityI, 19 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

The best paying mission is The Los Santos Connection. If you do it on hard it's $15,000. If you solo it, you get $8,000 from the crates plus random cash pickups from enemies. So that's $23,000 if you solo it on hard.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

They're not trying to get us to play other missions. Everyone is aware there's other missions and activity's in the game, but what did we play these missions repeatedly for? Obviously, easy money. Rockstar specifically targeted these missions this late after release because it became well known that these jobs were easy and paid extremely well. They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards. Especially now during the time of a DLC realease.

Ding Ding DIng! We got a winner. 

There is no other reason for R* to mess with them. I have said in other threads the old missions just need to be deleted and new ones need to be created by R* not kiddies. R* is more for let's make it more difficult because if only 2% of the players get frustrated and buy a shark card 2% is more than zero.

• LukeMayhem likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by am30, 19 June 2014 - 05:26 PM.

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

It's not all that harder but I'm sure those 2 extra clips of sniper ammo' are going to make you have to buy a cash card(!)

The changes are good but the payouts are still unbalanced.

Obviously
  • Obviously

Soul Link

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Harder? You just have to get to the plane in 2 minutes. not hard.

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Are the missions nothing more than a means to an end for you? Do you only go for the big paying missions for the money and nothing else? "blah blah blah cash cards blah blah blah!"

Personally, from the start I've found most of the missions to be simple, boring and pointless and I've made my millions in racing. So I like the hikes in difficulty, it makes the missions actually have some challenge to them. I only hope they keep upping the dificulty on other missions.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:42 PM Edited by dvntsvnt, 19 June 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Harder? You just have to get to the plane in 2 minutes. not hard.

Right, not hard.

The 2 minute timer doesn't even start until you go down the hillside quite a bit.

I didn't even need to do that until everything was pretty dead, there is no rush to get down there

UNLESS you're trying to grind it out. Then you'd want to trigger the countdown as soon as possible

while running the risk of not making it down the hill in two minutes...

But even then, you don't have to kill everything in 2 minutes, just make it to the yellow circle in 2 minutes

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

It is an attempt to get people to do other things for money, not a jab at cash cards BTW. People were loading up coveted 16x playlists all day. now they will maybe do other things for money. And it was ridiculously easy in the first place for 18k, I got to the point that I could finish it in under 3 min solo on hard. Now it takes a little longer, but who cares do something else and enjoy the rest of the game.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Am i the only wacko that loves the new slightly harder Coveted? 

I absolutely love the new Coveted. I think it will make people better aimers and shooters in Deathmatches and we could sure use more skilled Deathmatch players as lately i have been getting guys on my teams where two guys will combine for 4 kills but 30 deaths!!!! Why? Because they run up the middle of the map and have no combat intelligence...when our team is in the lead against campers....please let them hunt us, let them expose themselves, no need to go hunting when we have a 10 kill lead....let them come to us so we can slaughter them. 

Anyways i was saying....I love the new coveted. I even get a chance to use the mini-gun versus the helicopter that shows up. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 19 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Its because they are trying harder and harder to get people to buy the stupid shark cards. 

Because R* knows that people will buy cash cards if its harder for them to make money

They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards.

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

But I think they want us to waste our real life money on their stupid shark cards. 

I was gonna say Cash Cards, but GTAking beat me to it. 

^^^Everyone up there is a f*cking retard. 

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

This. Rockstar listens to their customers. Their devote customers were wanting to use the Quick Mission feature but would only ever end up in RR or Coveted (same with Quick Random). So they buffed them out in hopes that people would possibly stop replaying that sh*t over and over and over and over again. I f*cking love the new Coveted. It's f*cking great. New RR is the beez-knees too. I play the game for fun, not for money, money will come to you, it's not a mad dash for cash.

those missions are the only high paying missions if R* made all the payouts the same I wouldn't mind doing other missions buts its not so I dont.

I dispise people like you. I made over $250K yesterday and only played Coveted once, RR twice.

Here's a list of $15K+ payout jobs, there may be more...so get f*cking playing the game:

• American Exports
  • Extradition
  • Chemical Extraction
  • Chopper Tail
  • Defender
  • Trash Talk
  • Stocks and Scares
  • Docks to Stocks
  • Docks to Stocks II
  • Base Invaders
  • Landing Gear
  • Judging the Jury
  • On Manuevers
  • Bust Out
  • Satellite Communications
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Atv steal. The more players the less the score. But if it's just me then go stick that 2 grand up your ass simeon.

There really needs to be a mission where it's just Simeon and 4 players in a field with baseball bats. If the payout was $1 and negative RP, I'd still grind it. That bald-ass motherf*cker needs to be beaten to a pulp for being such a sh*tty cheapskate. 

Oh yes -- Coveted is much better now. It's like a buffet table of death.

• Artruo likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

@Day Reaper and Black Rabbit:

You're not alone people....You're not alone....

New RR/C > old lame-ass RR/C.

• Black Rabbit likes this

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by LordVukodlak, 19 June 2014 - 07:14 PM.

They're not trying to get us to play other missions. Everyone is aware there's other missions and activity's in the game, but what did we play these missions repeatedly for? Obviously, easy money. Rockstar specifically targeted these missions this late after release because it became well known that these jobs were easy and paid extremely well. They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards. Especially now during the time of a DLC realease.

Except there not really more difficult, Rooftop Rumble is actually easier now  you can just fire grenades into the garage without fear. And Coveted now just requires killing a few more guys and a competent pilot.

I dispise people like you. I made over $250K yesterday and only played Coveted once, RR twice.

Here's a list of $15K+ payout jobs, there may be more...so get f*cking playing the game:

• American Exports
  • Extradition
  • Chemical Extraction
  • Chopper Tail
  • Defender
  • Trash Talk
  • Stocks and Scares
  • Docks to Stocks
  • Docks to Stocks II
  • Base Invaders
  • Landing Gear
  • Judging the Jury
  • On Manuevers
  • Bust Out
  • Satellite Communication

Now that would be a sweet playlist, maybe swap out Docks to Stocks I or II for Coveted or RR simply because the two missions are so similar

• ten-a-penny and A Maned Wolf like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

They made it harder because no one is working for Simeon and his crap payouts

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by cswood, 19 June 2014 - 07:47 PM.

Here's why people kept bitching that the only missions that came up when you picked "join random contact mission" were Rooftop Rumble and on occasion Coveted. Now with those missions no longer being a brainless cake walk people are playing other missions for the enjoyment rather then repeating the same thing over and over again for cash.

Not really. I mean, granted, I have enough money where I can take a break and play a decent mission with crappy payout, but every time I do play a mission where I had to use a lot of ammo or took a lot of time and at the end see that I only got $3,075 or something like that, it makes me feel like I just wasted 10 minutes.

Rockstar doesn't give 1 damn, 2 sh*ts or 3, f*cks about us playing their other missions, this is all about targeting missions that pay well. It would be easier for them to reduce Coveted and RR's payout to $5 mill and no one would play them, but then you would see the next highest paying mission being played the most and soon they'd nerf THAT mission's payout, and so on.

If they REALLY wanted us to play the other missions all they have to do is up the pay. It's that easy. If any of those new High Life missions payed $15 or more I'd play them, but they don't so why bother except for when we're tired of farming Coveted and RR?

Repeat: Up pay for other jobs and those jobs will be played.

• American Exports
  • Extradition
  • Chemical Extraction
  • Chopper Tail
  • Defender
  • Trash Talk
  • Stocks and Scares
  • Docks to Stocks
  • Docks to Stocks II
  • Base Invaders
  • Landing Gear
  • Judging the Jury
  • On Manuevers
  • Bust Out
  • Satellite Communication

Now that would be a sweet playlist, maybe swap out Docks to Stocks I or II for Coveted or RR simply because the two missions are so similar

Judging the Jury DOES NOT pay anywhere near $15, at least not the last time I played it. Trash Talk is actually a great mission to solo grind, but for a few thousand cheaper you can grind Mixed Up With Coke given it can be completed faster with a buzzard.

Landing Gear has too high of a risk of randoms blowing up or crashing the planes, but I do play it when I am invited or join random mission. Satellite Communication sucks. Base Invaders is fun, but again, high risk if you're playing with randoms. Same thing with Extradition. Chopper Tail is fine. I am pretty sure R* tweaked Stocks and Scares because I played it recently and enemies were spawning everywhere and killing players with headhsots so I usually cover with buzzard while others get the document, but again it's a high risk mission with randoms.

Wanderglobe
  • Wanderglobe

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

That's exactly the reason for doing this and nothing more. The mission isn't that much harder at all and it's more fun to play but a combo of waiting for the helicopter to show up and that long ass ride to the drop off point make the mission boring which means fewer people will use it to grind out $$$ and that, in turn, means more real money for R*. It seems the direction of the game is being managed by investors and accountants now. Look at the new cars. They're kind of cool but the prices are way over the top for what they are. 

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Galan From Taa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

It is not harder actually it is easier.(killing the guards is easier now) it is just little longer because Martin's depot is in the city now.
  • ten-a-penny and Miss Malevolent like this

RoyalSyndLuke
  • RoyalSyndLuke

Royal Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

It's not hard at all! Snipe them before you go anywhere near the cove checkpoint then kill the few that spawn = piss easy and it's not hard to escape the helicopter without shooting it down

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

yeah , i wonder that's too . i have feeling R* forces some players use cash cards

i would prefer chopper trail grind 

• RoyalSyndLuke likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users