Photo

Why did they make coveted way harder?

98 replies to this topic
CYWNightmare
  • CYWNightmare

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

• TheKillerDonuts, theGTAking101 and Awesom-0 like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

"I killed people, smuggled people, sold people."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by theGTAking101, 18 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

This should be in the Online forum.

But I think they want us to waste our real life money on their stupid shark cards. That's why they lower the payouts and make missions herder.

• PancakePoon, peardude and Awesom-0 like this

MaxxyB
  • MaxxyB

Consuela FTW

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Its not that hard if you have a tank me an my friend do the mission in about the same time as before may be a bit longer

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I was gonna say Cash Cards, but GTAking beat me to it. 

I think they want you to stop playing one mission all day and give enjoyment to other players and what they don't realize is that unless you make the playing field even you won't get change.  

• I.haigh, Bozzah and Nanabaum like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I feel like R* really hates people earning money and just want people to buy the cards and im sure when heists come out they will payout little to nothing.

Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature.

• cg1221, Black Rabbit, Kazandra and 7 others like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 18 June 2014 - 06:15 PM.

let's go "retro" and play Survival's again...

"Perhaps to encourage people to NOT only play one sh*tty ass mission over and over again, thus making it patently unfun for those of us who like to do all the missions and often utilize the Quick Match feature."

Amen, and also why Quick Race became a better option for a random teleporting...
  • Mr Pickles likes this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Man on a mission

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

So people including myself will stop grinding it. Its their way of saying "You know we have other content in this game besides rooftop rumble & coveted and some of you complainers better consider yourself lucky that we don't completely nerf them both".
  • MajorVienna, Zonnex, LuapYllier and 2 others like this

CYWNightmare
  • CYWNightmare

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Sorry about the post being in the wrong spot!

those missions are the only high paying missions if R* made all the payouts the same I wouldn't mind doing other missions buts its not so I dont.

• Liquid715 likes this

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Everyone was grinding on it hard. Grinding forbidden in the game.
In R* eyes grinding= glitching = haxs

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Its not that hard if you have a tank me an my friend do the mission in about the same time as before may be a bit longer

how the hell do you get a tank in a mission :O

Mrstealyohooker
  • Mrstealyohooker

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

http://gtaforums.com...tch-moan-topic/

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Whers FOSV5
if they made los santos connection pay 25k instead of 13k
  • xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I`m not surprised this is inevitable when people play the same mission over and over  a 100 million billion times.

• Zonnex and Bozzah like this

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Here's why people kept bitching that the only missions that came up when you picked "join random contact mission" were Rooftop Rumble and on occasion Coveted. Now with those missions no longer being a brainless cake walk people are playing other missions for the enjoyment rather then repeating the same thing over and over again for cash.

Second, Rockstar SAID they'd periodically change missions to keep things fresh. Coveted and Rooftop Rumble are the most popular so they get the changes.

Is Coveted harder? a little especially solo. The only real extra concern is the guys across the water have an RPG so you need to take them out and you'll be chased by a helicopter. The timer is no issue because two minutes if more then enough time to clear the landing zone. And once its clear you can take your time removing the guys across the channel.

If Rooftop Rumble harder? no its not because now you can hurl explosives into the garage without fear of destroying the documents.

• elint_castwood likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I like the new Coveted, I don't stand at the top of the hill, bored out of my eye balls anymore after sniping 7 people.

Just grind potshot or CC3 if you want quick cash and better RP.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I get that they are trying to persuade people to play other missions by making Coveted and RR a little harder but a better way to do that would be to raise other missions payouts.
I still play other missions here and there but if I want to make any money I always end up in RR or Coveted (Defender, Trash Talk sometimes too). If the lower paying missions were closer to those payouts I would just play whatever random missions all the time. That's just not the case.
  • Liquid715 and Artruo like this

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

I think it's pretty fun personally, annoying yes, but definitely fun. Seeing all of those Grangers parked on the hill like that was crazy, and I like the whole war sequence you have down there. I also like the timer, it caught me off guard the first time.

It does take some getting used too though, I did everything fine earlier up until getting in the Cargobob. Went over to the new location to get the container, and didn't even realize there were guys with FRICKIN' RPGS. Fair to say, I was blown to smithereens.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Big Homie

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

I'd like to think that a better way of discouraging mission farming is to increase the payouts of other missions, but wouldn't that mean more GTA dollars in circulation (and thus leading to inflation and decreasing the value of the GTA dollar)?

• xoC18H21NO3xo, elint_castwood, Artruo and 1 other like this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

They're not trying to get us to play other missions. Everyone is aware there's other missions and activity's in the game, but what did we play these missions repeatedly for? Obviously, easy money. Rockstar specifically targeted these missions this late after release because it became well known that these jobs were easy and paid extremely well. They made them more difficult so players can't make legit money as easy and may resort to purchasing shark cards. Especially now during the time of a DLC realease.
  • Juanfartez, LukeMayhem and Awesom-0 like this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

We should just accept everything that happens on this Gen of consoles as a working Beta.

• Mr Pickles likes this

MaxxyB
  • MaxxyB

Consuela FTW

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by MaxxyB, 18 June 2014 - 06:57 PM.

how the hell do you get a tank in a mission :O

If you launch a playlist than on the fist mission go get a tank and put it on top of the hill where you spawn and finish the mission it will spawn there every time where you left it, but make sure you bring it back to the top of the hill when you killed everybody.

so it would be easier to get in it. And than just deliver the container with the cargobob normally

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Why is the time a issue?

I stay at the top of the hill (around the start point), kill 95% of the enemies from there THEN run down the hill, having 2 minutes to kill maybe 3 guys at that point.   The timer is a non-issue all together and the rpg guys cant see you from the start area.    I've cleared this mission 5 or 6 times and has yet to have 1 rpg fired at me.

The only issue in this mission is the enemy heli, which you can deal with easily enough as well by just parking the Cargo on top of the hill and taking it out.

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Because people replayed it over and over and over again. Same reason they did the same thing to Rooftop Rumble.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Because they didn't balance it properly in the beginning.  And it was called to their attention when people just kept grinding it out for (what amounts to) easy money and RP.

It should have been more difficult from the very beginning.

Man, I just... so... love that when something changes, and somebody doesn't like it, cash cards get blamed.  Hilarity!

• hotrats773 and Bozzah like this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

It is pretty amazing how so many ppl have not played any of the other missions out there.  I've had a few LV150+ players join me playing Defender, American Exports, and even Satellite Communications, and get the full 1st time payout.

No really surprised there's been so much pissing & moaning.  Today's society is Give me it Now.  Give me it fast.  Give me it easy.  Everybody just starting to play GTAO instantly wants their two 10 Car Garages filled with Super's without having to do barely anything.

• hotrats773, Kazandra and LuapYllier like this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Not for nothing but I will *still* crush Coveted solo. As always... ;)

371jah19
  • 371jah19

Player Hater

• Members
  • American-Samoa

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by 371jah19, 19 June 2014 - 02:15 PM.

Same here SuperJude, rock* didn't stop me from farming in the playlist. Especially since i just got some pro tips, and yes all R* did was make the mission tons more fun.

371jah19
  • 371jah19

Player Hater

• Members
  • American-Samoa

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

-_- I just failed the mission for "Killed an enemy"?!?!?!?! Wow i didn't know R* does lowblows.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

I just finished a 16x playlist in an hour and a half, which is 192k/hr. But I did enjoy it somehow, trying to test techniques and everything despite the overall payout being lower.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

It's not harder, it's just longer. Giggitty.
  • CJXJ220 and Mr Pickles like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users