Photo

Kojima on Gta V!

23 replies to this topic
ILS_Supernova
  • ILS_Supernova

All! Of! You! Are! Going! To! Die!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:19 PM Edited by ILS_Supernova, 18 June 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Just wanted to show you guys this!

GTA 5 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One looks so impressive that it makes Kojima a little depressed http://t.co/C8wC62W7zj

Nothing new just nice to hear a person of his standing saying that. Also he does mention the trailer but also says "actually when I saw the PS4 version a few days ago I got depressed again"

Wonder If he actually saw the game running?

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Probably not.

• Reedseed12345 likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Wonder If he actually saw the game running?

I don't think so.

He probably came to the trailer itself. 

He likes the realistic grass.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

Deprived of lessons, I decided to run away.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by toxluv, 18 June 2014 - 03:51 PM.

He said the same thing when he saw the Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video. It's an appreciable comment by a person who creates such amazing games like the Metal Gear titles, and this is the proof that Grand Theft Auto V is going to be amazing in many aspects. I'm eager to see and know more about the PC and Current-Gen versions of Rocktar's biggest, deepest and richest game ever made. Hideo Kojima is absolutely a humble person, that's for sure.

• Raiden雷電, DeafMetal, AgentGTAVI and 4 others like this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

I`m sure I read this a couple months ago....maybe I`m from the future!

• Distrom likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

This is one of things I love about Kojima. I wish R* would speak up about other games sometimes. I know they felt something when they saw The Witcher 3 demo. 

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

There's a simplicity to the way GTA is put together, and the flow it has between free-roaming and structured play that I bet virtually all game designers kick themselves for not having thought of first

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 18 June 2014 - 09:01 PM.

He said the same thing when he saw the Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video. It's an appreciable comment by a person who creates such amazing games like the Metal Gear titles, and this is the proof that Grand Theft Auto V is going to be amazing in many aspects. I'm eager to see and know more about the PC and Current-Gen versions of Rocktar's biggest, deepest and richest game ever made. Hideo Kojima is absolutely a humble person, that's for sure.

A humble disposition, is a disposition that is always be respected in accompaniment of decency, for within today's society, it is has been rendered scarce. Mr. Kojima is indeed, commendable and that affords him the right to relish in his appropriate selection of words, on Rockstar's behalf. :) Rockstar is deserving of commendation where commendation is due. They are a company possessing a competent, professional repertoire in the realm of video gaming, delivering fun and nostalgic installments that never deviate from the innate passion that churns their (games') development.

Our mortal world is devoid of perfection and rationale will be quick to deflate such wishful thinking, because it is not pitching a realistic message. Nonetheless, Rockstar will strive for perfection, even if it is five iotas below perfection or if it requires a delay to concoct what the initial vision entailed. It is the true, devout Grand Theft Auto fans, who will appreciate the valiance of Rockstar and see the game through. :) I am proud to be a member of such a roster. :) "Where there's a will, there's a way", and Rockstar is determined to prevail and transcend.

In conjunction with the third sentence in 'toxluv's' quote, those three words are so poignant and telling for what surprises, enhancements, thrills, and excitement await us in Fall / Autumn. 'Biggest, deepest and richest game ever; for the New-Generation consoles and PC'. What a spectacular feat, ten-times over, and of course that E3 trailer, as Grand Theft Auto: V seamlessly hurdles over the boundaries and obstructions of its predecessor. :) Brava, Rockstar, and encore. We are now awaiting the first major fanfare of information, whatever it may be. Come what may, Rockstar, because we are ready. Onward to more awesomeness! :D Thank you.                       

• Tilemaxx, Ss4gogeta0, Distrom and 2 others like this

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

he said he was depressed when gta 5 got released because he thought his open world game metal gear solid wouldnt have as much to do in it, i Do not know if his playing down his own ability to make games or playing it down so the hype is overwhelmingly positive by people when they play it, but come on to me gta 5 doesnt have much to do activity wise, its an open world lots of space to screw around with but to me atm nothing majorly ground breaking,

For him to come out and say his still depressed about it after looking at metal gear solid 5 footage at e3 has me wondering if that game is going to be a huge fail, because at this point im like gta 5 doesnt have much (im mainly talking about activities alot more were removed then added (tennis, golf, yoga wtf? )  and if that has even less then thats pretty bad.

• bish0p2004 likes this

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

MGS is one of my all time favorites stoked on what I have seen of Phantom Pain, I will miss Hayter though I did like Sutherland in Ground Zeroes

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:03 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 June 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Note:GTA have been doing Openworld since the late 90s (that have spanned across 4 Gens of Home Consoles),meanwhile MGSV is the first Openworld Game in the Legendary Stealth Franchise but i am sure it would be great...and seeing how he feels toward GTA5 shows how he loves and fears the GTA IP,regardless of what he said and how he feels i have always have a great respect for the man...
  • Tilemaxx likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by jamieleng, 18 June 2014 - 11:08 PM.

Self deprecation is one of the many qualities of the Japanese people. I'm not a huge fan of the MGS series, but The Phantom Pain looks pretty incredible. 

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by KingGTAV, 19 June 2014 - 12:37 AM.

A humble disposition, is a disposition that is always to be respected in accompaniment of decency, for within today's society, it is has been rendered scarce. Mr. Kojima is indeed, commendable and that affords him the right to relish in his appropriate selection of words, on Rockstar's behalf. :) Rockstar is deserving of commendation where commendation is due. They are a company possessing a competent, professional repertoire in the realm of video gaming, delivering fun and nostalgic installments that never deviate from the innate passion that churns their (games') development.

Our mortal world is devoid of perfection and rationale will be quick to deflate such wishful thinking, because it is not pitching a realistic message. Nonetheless, Rockstar will strive for perfection, even if it is five iotas below perfection or if it requires a delay to concoct what the initial vision entailed. It is the true, devout Grand Theft Auto fans, who will appreciate the valiance of Rockstar and see the game through. :) I am proud to be a member of such a roster. :) "Where there's a will, there's a way", and Rockstar is determined to prevail and transcend.

In conjunction with the third sentence in 'toxluv's' quote, those three words are so poignant and telling for what surprises, enhancements, thrills, and excitement await us in Fall / Autumn. 'Biggest, deepest and richest game ever; for the New-Generation consoles and PC'. What a spectacular feat, ten-times over, and of course that E3 trailer, as Grand Theft Auto: V seamlessly hurdles over the boundaries and obstructions of its predecessor. :) Brava, Rockstar, and encore. We are now awaiting the first major fanfare of information, whatever it may be. Come what may, Rockstar, because we are ready. Onward to more awesomeness! :D Thank you.  

My apologies in advance, for the duplicitous submission, as there was a minuscule syntax error that I wanted to remedy. Grammar and punctuation is imperative. Thank you for understanding. :)                        

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

Self deprecation is one of the many qualities of the Japanese people. I'm not a huge fan of the MGS series, but The Phantom Pain looks pretty incredible. 

I would argue that politeness and honesty are much higher on the list. They are some of the most polite people you will ever meet. Kojima was just being honest and really nice. 

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

You know, I never have but I've always wanted to play the Metal Gear games.  This whole "Man, GTA is too beautiful to compete with.  That's kind of depressing." comment actually makes me want to play Metal Gear even MORE.  That's a developer you can trust.

Whereas I play Call of Duty, and they're not bad games, and IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer are the sh*t and all, but Activision, their bullsh*t publisher, makes me want to sh*t or go blind.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

Metal Gear is an absolute master piece, Kojima's indeed one of my favourite developers.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

Metal Gear games have always had something about them, something that makes them brilliant. It's obvious that Kojima is going to be worried on releasing an open world version, given the recent release of GTA V, it's got a high benchmark to meet. It's really something to see someone like Kojima, who brings out amazing games, to say something like this about GTA V, where it has it's foibles and things I dislike, what the dev team did with the hardware available at launch, is nothing short of incredible, I'm sure Kojima is just nervous about how Phantom Pain is gonna be received given the next gen release of GTA V, and it's great he's so open about it. I'm sure GTA V and Phantom Pain will both be looked back on as modern greats in the coming years.

carl turtle
  • carl turtle

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

this chinese guy was probably high

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Kojima makes bland games IMO. His career is mostly linear jumbled together games. It's not shocking he's "depressed" over V. He needs to step up his games and shut up.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:01 AM Edited by mariana_dm1989, 20 June 2014 - 05:04 AM.

If kojima is depressed by gtav , then he should stop being a drama queen, because his Metal Gear Solid franchise is far superior to the GTA franchise. MGS is of MUCH higher quality in terms of gameplay, story, and in any other way. MGS games are released in perfection while GTA games are always released with mediocre coding, and are quite disappointing in terms of map, gameplay, story, etc.. 

It should be the Housers who should be depressed when they see MGS.

GTA is good and highly overrated. MGS is Excellent and highly underrated.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:10 AM Edited by theNGclan, 20 June 2014 - 05:13 AM.

If kojima is depressed by gtav , then he should stop being a drama queen, because his Metal Gear Solid franchise is far superior to the GTA franchise. MGS is of MUCH higher quality in terms of gameplay, story, and in any other way. MGS games are released in perfection while GTA games are always released with mediocre coding, and are quite disappointing in terms of map, gameplay, story, etc.. 

Hop off Kojima's lap and realize you're comparing two different games and that you're on a GTA site. Head to the Metal Gear forums if you're gonna praise Kojima but talk down about GTA. :^:

Oh, and for the record, Metal Gear is overrated by the fan base. It's called a fan base for a reason you know.

EDIT: How the f*ck is The RAGE engine mediocre? Open your eyes lad, you're clearly wrong! Learn about the engine before you make a blind comment. Please?

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:35 AM Edited by bish0p2004, 20 June 2014 - 05:37 AM.

Hop off Kojima's lap and realize you're comparing two different games and that you're on a GTA site. Head to the Metal Gear forums if you're gonna praise Kojima but talk down about GTA. :^:

Oh, and for the record, Metal Gear is overrated by the fan base. It's called a fan base for a reason you know.

EDIT: How the f*ck is The RAGE engine mediocre? Open your eyes lad, you're clearly wrong! Learn about the engine before you make a blind comment. Please?
While I think Mariana is taking it to an extreme, both series are overrated in my opinion. GTA became overrated in the HD era and MGS has been pretty hit or miss with me.

However, MGS 5 looks awesome so far. The only flaws I've seen so far are Snakes animations and some of the features are goofy (the way you recruit soldiers). Now, I know the series has always had a silly element, but seeing as how the game looks more realistic than ever, it just feels out of place.

Still, Hideo has made some major changes to his game and it looks to be far more impressive and creative (relative to its predessors) than GTA 5. That's how you make a sequel!

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

MGS underrated? heh.png

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Someone who is creating games, telling us, he is jealous on other games,

and now want to work harder... Not like EA sh*t or sth. He is saying the truth,

and feels to be too bad (Which is actually not the case) to bring us good games.

But I like how honest he is. +1 for him!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users