Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did they nerf the guns power/range with new update?

54 replies to this topic
Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

hmmm...my fav weapon is the Adv Rifle and did okay with it today...so IDK...but really if they nerfed all the guns what diff does it really make?
The only logical reason for doing this is for future DLC guns to be the "best",when in actuality they will be as strong as older guns "used to be".Otherwise it will get to the point where you have one-2 body shot kill rifles.

will check this out again tomorrow when im online

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 19 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

It changed the whole mechanic of the match, to me at least.

I wasnt able to get into a lot of matches last night because the match making and freezing were pretty harsh...

but im still convinced...

you have to put so many bullets in your opponent now.

I played Getaway and I had to put a whole 30 round magazine into a player in a forced only game w the assault rifle last night. in the same match my friend said he used 3 pistol clips to get a kill... seems like a little bit too much...

and so many times i would catch a player slipping out in the open and they get so much time because of the low damage they literally go running away/break the lock while getting shot and can make it into cover or hide somewhere...

if they don't fix the mechanics of this its going to take some getting used to. 

i use a wide array of guns between forced matches and owned matches. you play so much you memorize what gun to use/how many shots it takes/ what range you should be adjusting with certain guns ect.

thats why this bugs me... its like "take everything you learned and throw it out"

RPG's are still one shot kill (sigh) lol

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by Pagan Lowrider, 19 June 2014 - 02:56 PM.

i did notice the rifle in between Advanced and Bullpup (forget the name as I rarely use it) seemed very quiet and much less recoil than before.
Combat MG seemed about the same,as did many other weapons

More bullets to put a guy down = more $ spent on ammo.

Theyre gonna nickel and dime us to the poor house

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

The current game's weapon file(s) need to be looked at for a proper assessment of the weapons. 

Having said this, I do feel things aren't as powerful as they used to be. 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

i did notice the rifle in between Advanced and Bullpup (forget the name as I rarely use it) seemed very quiet and much less recoil than before.
Combat MG seemed about the same,as did many other weapons

More bullets to put a guy down = more $ spent on ammo.

Theyre gonna nickel and dime us to the poor house

That was my first thought of the actual reason... i dont think it was anything to do with "players are too easy to kill"

more bullets = less profit for the matches. more $ spent in freeroam

The current game's weapon file(s) need to be looked at for a proper assessment of the weapons. 

Having said this, I do feel things aren't as powerful as they used to be. 

since everyone reccomended funmw2 is capable of looking into this i sent him a message maybe he will help out here...

• Gaffa likes this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thanks. Perhaps some info re the Bullpup rifle and new Vintage pistol can be given as well, re: damage etc. 

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

It's getting like uncharted!
I've noticed my favourite weapon, the heavy pistol has gone from a hand cannon to a slower firing combat pistol - I'm losing faith in it!

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

The Heavy Sniper takes me two shots to kill someone at range in the chest now. Three in the arm/leg.

funmw2
  • funmw2

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:59 PM Edited by funmw2, 19 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

thought my ap pistols range last night was much shorter... can't confirm though. where's funmw2?

I'm sure i've posted about this in a locked thread about 1.14 notes xD ?

But they didnt make changes to app pistol range .

And there some changes to app pistol :

Before :

<TimeBetweenShots value="0.070000" />
<WeaponFlags>CarriedInHand Gun CanLockonOnFoot CanLockonInVehicle CanFreeAim AnimReload AnimCrouchFire UsableOnFoot UsableClimbing UsableInCover AllowEarlyExitFromFireAnimAfterBulletFired AllowCloseQuarterKills HasLowCoverReloads HasLowCoverSwaps QuitTransitionToIdleIntroOnWeaponChange DisableLeftHandIkWhenOnFoot TorsoIKForWeaponBlock</WeaponFlags>

After :

<TimeBetweenShots value="0.100000" />
<WeaponFlags>CarriedInHand Automatic Gun CanLockonOnFoot CanLockonInVehicle CanFreeAim AnimReload AnimCrouchFire UsableOnFoot UsableClimbing UsableInCover AllowEarlyExitFromFireAnimAfterBulletFired AllowCloseQuarterKills HasLowCoverReloads HasLowCoverSwaps QuitTransitionToIdleIntroOnWeaponChange DisableLeftHandIkWhenOnFoot TorsoIKForWeaponBlock</WeaponFlags>

----

Time between shots

Before : 0.070000 milliseconds .

After : 0.100000 milliseconds .

As you can see they added "Automatic" to weapon flags

There you go :

http://pastebin.com/u8LNcBuD

Changes for other weapons than app pistol isn't with 1.14

• stonedpimpso and H8GodMode like this

Vec-Tron
  • Vec-Tron

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

The normal sniper rifle definitely lost power. Shooting someone three times with a sniper rifle and not downing them is just catering to players who just run around in the open not using cover.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

In a mission earlier I was able to kill a chopper pilot with my AR from quite a distance and with very few shots. I also noticed on Coveted I was able to shoot the enemy chopper with my AP Pistol and take it down. My friend flew and I destroyed.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

So, the Rate of Fire (ROF) has been decreased slightly on the AP Pistol? 

Any info re: damage and range of the weapons? Thx.

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:05 AM Edited by Imposssible, 20 June 2014 - 12:11 AM.

Had to switch to the bull pup w/o the silencer because they totally clipped the balls off of the advanced rifle, decreasing it's stopping power and range. The 1.14 patch messed up the Special Carbine also. Mannnnn... Both guns used to melt through cars & glass

On another note...
R* improved the performance of the compact machine guns, increasing stopping power at close-mid range. ex) mp5 etc...

aNsWeRkEy02
  • aNsWeRkEy02

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

did they also nerf the advance rifle? its may primary rifle now (second is the carbine rifle)..

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

Guys, seriously? No, nothing was changed but the AP Pistol.

Elsy
  • Elsy

War never changes...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

Don't know if this is just a big conspiracy but can definitely feel a difference in the heavy sniper against higher levels, taking at least 2 shots in the chest to down them.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

Thought I was the only one that noticed this, its definitely something off with the weapons. I noticed this last night when I was playing.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

thanks for your post funmw2

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Did they buff the enemies on missions that are set to hard? It's almost as if they're wearing 3 inch kevlar plates when I shoot them with the advanced sniper rifle.

funmw2
  • funmw2

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Did they buff the enemies on missions that are set to hard? It's almost as if they're wearing 3 inch kevlar plates when I shoot them with the advanced sniper rifle.

They can update missions anytime they want .

You will need to copy missions json files and then compare it with new json files .

UchihaRingo
  • UchihaRingo

If you call a mag "Clip" you're a retard

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Dont seem nerfed to me

also

Spoiler

You beat me to it I was just about to say this...but on topic yes I noticed it takes more rounds to kill someone maybe it was lag. Can't really say honestly. Could someone test this out?

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

based on what i know now im convinced it was lag...i was noticing alot of kills id get while i was having these issues, they wouldn't die until after i quit shooting, a few seconds later i would see them die while no bullets were being fired. it would make sense if on our screen it appears we fired off the whole mag, but they actually died half way through, giving us an appearance that were using way more ammo.

im not a guru of how these things work, so does this make sense?

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

based on what i know now im convinced it was lag...i was noticing alot of kills id get while i was having these issues, they wouldn't die until after i quit shooting, a few seconds later i would see them die while no bullets were being fired. it would make sense if on our screen it appears we fired off the whole mag, but they actually died half way through, giving us an appearance that were using way more ammo.

im not a guru of how these things work, so does this make sense?

lag has always been an issue for me in this regard....doesnt happen all the time but when it does theres just no point in playing.I turn off my console,reset my modem and try again.

I can say that during a DM earlier today my Combat MG had zero...and I mean ZERO range...wouldnt lock onto anyone....but then in another DM it worked as normal...

Im chalking all this up to R* and its wonky servers

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

ive always had issues with the combat MG not locking...one match it will lock and the next i get stuck free aiming at an unexpected moment...

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Dont seem nerfed to me

also

Spoiler

Ehhh, same difference. In the end of the day, all of those bullets are going into our pixelated ass cheeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users