Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did they nerf the guns power/range with new update?

54 replies to this topic
H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 18 June 2014 - 03:11 PM.

this is something i almost immediately noticed upon entering some PvP TDMs yesterday.

Playing on maps im familiar with, with guns im familiar with, i noticed a significant decrease in range and power per all the guns i used.

shotgun/autoshotgun - taking 3 shots to get a kill. used to be a 1 shot when close, 2 shots at a short distance. 

sniper - playing little seoul park i noticed a guy shot me 4 times with a sniper rifle to get the kill. due to the closer range he was, this should have been a 1 shot kill.

assault rifle - this is when i first noticed because on a certain map i have a solid technique that requires me being near max range. i was dumping whole clips off to get a kill, normally i could get 2-3 per clip.

pistols - same deal. in a forced match i would dump a whole clip sometimes not getting a kill. almost required the headshot to get a kill.

also another thing - the red arrow above your head in the new update- no point in trying to be stealthy when u have a giant bright red arrow above your head...

i didnt see a discussion on this please let me know what u think from your experience...

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

Is this true?? what's the point in going under the radar now... Or this only in deathmatches?

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Dont seem nerfed to me

also

Spoiler

• madmanaz, ninjaontour, Alex Francisco and 2 others like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Is this true?? what's the point in going under the radar now... Or this only in deathmatches?

I don't hunt ppl in free roam so I wouldn't be able to answer that. Strictly DM is what my convo regards.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

thought my ap pistols range last night was much shorter... can't confirm though. where's funmw2?

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

If they really put a red arrow over people's heads in deathmatch that would be extremely retarded..completely defeats stealth.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

I noticed all this yesterday. The red arrow Only shows up over visible players.

redkill160
  • redkill160

DM King

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

f*ck yeah they did. Advanced rifle for sure.  In free roam i get into fights a lot, and it could not kill for sh*t against an advanced carbine.  Advanced rifles power i feel went wayyyyy down along with its accuracy. its almost unusable now.  which is entirely upsetting because i hate the advanced carbine, the bullpup, the assault rifle, and the carbine rifle is okay.  Advanced rifle was my go to gun, now its trash

• Imposssible likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 18 June 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Yes, but the "visibility" is down to 1 inch of a elbow out of cover that no one would have noticed. Pretty much gives up your spot instantly.

I love rockstars change notes also - let's mention "tear gas" has improved, the one thing no one ever uses. And not mention all the guns were nerfed.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

I don't hunt ppl in free roam so I wouldn't be able to answer that. Strictly DM is what my convo regards.
Ah. Thanks anyway

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yes, but the "visibility" is down to 1 inch of a elbow out of cover that no one would have noticed. Pretty much gives up your spot instantly.

I love rockstars change notes also - let's mention "tear gas" has improved, the one thing no one ever uses. And not mention all the guns were nerfed.
yeah me and GTAF were having some trouble in TDM last night the MM was being pretty crappy. Still didn't lose though. Did you notice everybody's character being bald in the victory screen? Lol

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 18 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Yeah the match making was horrible also. A lot of people, including myself where getting stuck in the clouds and holding up the lobby's. It wasn't really causing me to lose either I still played decent.
But in TDM I'm not the type to pack together with my team mates. My usual style is to creep alone and try to catch a pack of 2-3 slipping and take them all out. But now with a forced weapon like a pistol I was able to get the first guy but have to empty the gun out to do it and leading me to getting killed during the reload action.
I almost immediately noticed this but when the guy hit me with 4 sniper bullets before I died I was assured they messed with the settings.

Edit - I didn't see bald players in the winner screen lol everyone seemed to have hair

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Another thing I noticed, I made a thread yesterday about how I feel Rockstar tweaked with the cars handling and sounds. Then I start shooting and it feels different as well. I feel like this might have been the biggest update yet in terms of small upgrades stat/ feel wise. Don't quote me on that because I could definitely be wrong, but if you are all feeling the same way about the guns and people were agreeing with my car thread then I'm convinced they did something.

Interesting to why they didn't include any of this in the patch notes, maybe they were original features that weren't implemented, or thought that they weren't ready to release them.

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

I haven't got to play yet but this thread is worring me.

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

I've noticed the heavy sniper not packing it's usual punch lately. Often taking 2 shots to down a player.

The guy you want to ask is @funmw2, he has access to all the stats post & prior update.

• Omnifarious, jacka and MoTK70 like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

I was getting 1 shot kills w the heavy sniper but I took the extra time to make sure I got an upper body/ close to the head when I pulled the trigger.

What worries me is maybe my assumption is right and not enough people notice the change to force them to fix it back to how it was....I almost expected to log on here and see this topic in effect already but it was not.

I remember @funmw2 posting the gun detailed stats recently, it would be interesting to see a comparison with the current 1.14 update gun stat charts.

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

The Heavy Sniper for SURE got nerfed. It takes 2 hits to the body to kill a high level person now. I shot a low level player in the arm 3 times until he died.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

i will find out in a few hours because last night i only had time to update and buy a few of the new clothes, the dagger and vintage pistol...I will definitely be keeping my eye out when i enter a DM for the first time since 1.14, i will notice since 97% of my GTA V life is in DM's.

I hope they didnt lessen the power of my carbine rifle. Shotguns, I could care less about. 

The Heavy Sniper for SURE got nerfed. It takes 2 hits to the body to kill a high level person now. I shot a low level player in the arm 3 times until he died.

Oh good, as I only aim for the head anyways. 

All this nerf talk has me wanting to go home early and play some Deathmatches. I'm salivating here. 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 18 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

i will find out in a few hours because last night i only had time to update and buy a few of the new clothes, the dagger and vintage pistol...I will definitely be keeping my eye out when i enter a DM for the first time since 1.14, i will notice since 97% of my GTA V life is in DM's.

I hope they didnt lessen the power of my carbine rifle. Shotguns, I could care less about. 

Ohhhh they nerfed every gun... im in the same boat with you, all i do now is DM... i start private lobbies to purchase my armor and snacks and head straight into DM... I've learned all my guns in and out so it was instant i noticed the difference. within my first 3 kills it hit me... my only advice is keep working them head shots....

are you in a crew Day reaper?  we play every night could always use some extra muscle :)

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Creation and Destruction are the Circle of Life.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by Niyologist, 18 June 2014 - 07:00 PM.

It was nerfed since v1.13.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Oh good, as I only aim for the head anyways. 
All this nerf talk has me wanting to go home early and play some Deathmatches. I'm salivating here. 
I used the Carbine Rifle all last night it's still the best

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 18 June 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Ohhhh they nerfed every gun... im in the same boat with you, all i do now is DM... i start private lobbies to purchase my armor and snacks and head straight into DM... I've learned all my guns in and out so it was instant i noticed the difference. within my first 3 kills it hit me... my only advice is keep working them head shots....

are you in a crew Day reaper?  we play every night could always use some extra muscle :)

Brother its just an honor to be considered to your crew....I had joined The Damned but they play mostly FREE-AIM and while I know its more competitive and all that master race stuff, I couldnt deal with learning how to be an expert at Free Aim, maybe if i had the time I would but i play to have fun and i was not having fun in Free-Aim.

So if the crew plays DM's on auto-aim, id love to be some of the muscle or even the janitor, please do not hesitate to recruit me, i'm on PS3....ConGamePro....I have 423 Deathmatch wins, both my Burning Heart and Grim Reaper Deathmatch tattoos....references available upon request. lol. 

Here is the rest of my resume lol:   

sig.png - See more at: http://gtaonlinestat...h.KKOmWhQm.dpuf

• The_Herb likes this

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

One thing to keep in mind is players can now stockpile armor in their inventory like snacks so you may be facing a lot more armored PC's in freeroam which would of course make weapons seem weaker.

• manicmechanic71 and Day Reaper like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Lol darnit were on xbox I didn't consider the consoles. I think you would've been a perfect addition to the team, we're a small tight crew w 20 members, 7 of us are active daily and all we really do is DM. That sucks man I would've loved to get you on board.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 18 June 2014 - 08:19 PM.

Lol darnit were on xbox I didn't consider the consoles. I think you would've been a perfect addition to the team, we're a small tight crew w 20 members, 7 of us are active daily and all we really do is DM. That sucks man I would've loved to get you on board.

Damn. too bad....i bring the INFERNO....not to be confused with the Infernus....hahahahahahahaha

I am looking for an AA Crew who needs someone who just wants to get dirty....I want to do the sh1t work...you know, be the first in the line of fire...be sent to infiltrate, etc...

Well anyways continue to kick ass man! Good luck to your crew. May you destroy every enemy. 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

Damn. too bad....i bring the INFERNO....not to be confused with the Infernus....hahahahahahahaha

I am looking for an AA Crew who needs someone who just wants to get dirty....I want to do the sh1t work...you know, be the first in the line of fire...be sent to infiltrate, etc...

Well anyways continue to kick ass man! Good luck to your crew. May you destroy every enemy. 

Thanks man, you also keep us the good work. 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I did notice the auto shotgun lost some range. As long as they are close it still dominates. Bullpop haven't noticed any changes and that's the only assault rifle I use. Usually about 4-5 shots if you slightly aim up for their heads depending on range. The heavy sniper seems the same and I really doubt they'd nerf the first sniper rifle you get

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

Creation and Destruction are the Circle of Life.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I'm really good as a sniper for TDM.
  • Day Reaper likes this

Pagan Lowrider
  • Pagan Lowrider

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

I only did a cpl DMs today and didnt notice much difference in gun behaviour...is this verified?

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 18 June 2014 - 09:03 PM.

I only did a cpl DMs today and didnt notice much difference in gun behaviour...is this verified?

its not verified information but more less an observation based on knowing the mechanics of the weapons...

the only way to verify it is to have someone pull up the stats out of the game code and compare with the list that was posted here by funmw2...

i am hoping im wrong tbh, but it seemed alot of ppl i talked about it with felt the same way...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users