Photo

I really need some help

7 replies to this topic
DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by DanRO, 18 June 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Hello,I wanted to install a mod which adds more tunnig parts for the cars

But I failed

Here is the mod

http://www.gtainside...derBy=downloads

To make it work,I must edit the gta3.img and vehicle.txd (it`s located in the the folder models /generic) and add the parts from the mod`s archive...I added on both the required programs from the mod using IMG Editor and TXD Workshop,but they simply don`t work

So,can someone mod the vehicle.txd and gta3.img programs and send to me so I can have this mod ? :)

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Actually, i think you don't know how to run IMGTool and TxDworkshop, listen, first, see which files are used to put be added in GTA3.img, go open your GTA3Img with imgtool, after that, see what is the file's name you want to replace, for example - Tutorial.txd and Tutorial.dff.

Just find out tutorial.txd and right click on it, after that, choose replace option, now find out the downloaded and modded''tutorial.txd'' file and replace with it and after that, save your gta3img. do the same thing with Vehical.txd.

DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Actually, i think you don't know how to run IMGTool and TxDworkshop, listen, first, see which files are used to put be added in GTA3.img, go open your GTA3Img with imgtool, after that, see what is the file's name you want to replace, for example - Tutorial.txd and Tutorial.dff.

Just find out tutorial.txd and right click on it, after that, choose replace option, now find out the downloaded and modded''tutorial.txd'' file and replace with it and after that, save your gta3img. do the same thing with Vehical.txd.

The problem is that i`m a total rookie on this things and I hopped that someone can help me :)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

There is also the question of is your game modable?
The DVD (v2) and the legit download (STEAM) need to be Downgraded to remove code that blocks the installing of mods.

DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

There is also the question of is your game modable?
The DVD (v2) and the legit download (STEAM) need to be Downgraded to remove code that blocks the installing of mods.

Yes,my version is moddable,I already added and ENB Mod and a Light Mod 

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 20 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

No need to edit the game files or do anything complicated, just use Mod Loader and profit.

• In45do likes this

DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

I used it,but the tuning parts are grey,cuz I have to add the images in the vehicle.txd,it`s not working if I add them in the modloader folder

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:11 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 27 June 2014 - 05:13 PM.

They're grey because veh_mods wasn't loaded properly, you made a mistake while installing the mod.
(or if veh_mods was loaded properly the textures wasn't, but unlikely, it's most common that people don't install veh_mods)

And also, if you had to add it into vehicles.txd (which I REALLY doubt it's the case), you could just do it in modloader folder, i.e. copy your vehicles.txd from base to modloader, as I said, no need to modify the game files, modloader loads anything (almost there).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users