Photo

Actors & Helicopters

16 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 18 June 2014 - 08:51 AM.

Good day.

So let me make this brief.

I want to make a capture where 2 teams spawn on each side of the city and in the center, there is an actor holding a suitcase and he's in a helicopter flying randomly around the city. 

The match would involve both teams competing on who can follow and take the chopper down, retrieve the case and turn it in.

Now the issue is, I can't find the actor to do it. The whole Actor system is complex. Different actors have different skills and the settings you place detail on how they perform. 

Things you need to tamper with to get it right:

- Which Actor (Black Ops under Cops and Army can fly Buzzards and use it's weapons while some actors can't. I've placed a Black Ops in a Lazer Jet and they don't take off, they just roam around while the Pilot actors just sit still.

- Relationships

- Defensive / Aggressive 

- Patrol Range

- Vehicle (It depends which vehicle. I've done tests with different helicopters)

In short: Which combination will make it so I can have an Actor fly around randomly in a non-lethal helicopter.

I've tried various combos with no luck so far, constant testings with little luck. Some started hovering, some didn't move at all, some stepped out and ran... It's frustrating and stupid. The actual Pilot actors can't fly which is a joke. 

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

lol, wish I had an answer for you dude....you're right, capture creating is incredibly frustrating for so many reasons right now

I have more or less just quit bothering making them until some major changes or fixes happen. Some of mine have been broken by actor quirks/bugs that happened after a patch.

Other than captures you host, I NEVER see a capture filled with more than 6-8 people, usually 6 the max.....which makes most of them pointless...and spending my time in the creator on them even more pointless.

Good luck figuring it out

• peeeel likes this

peeeel
  • peeeel

KAPE

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

lol, wish I had an answer for you dude....you're right, capture creating is incredibly frustrating for so many reasons right now

I have more or less just quit bothering making them until some major changes or fixes happen. Some of mine have been broken by actor quirks/bugs that happened after a patch.

Other than captures you host, I NEVER see a capture filled with more than 6-8 people, usually 6 the max.....which makes most of them pointless...and spending my time in the creator on them even more pointless.

Good luck figuring it out

This. 

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by SaveTheZombies, 18 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Yea, I wish there was a more comprehensive list of actors' skills.

Have you tried setting the BlackOps actor to wander and defensive? You'd think that would do it.

Do you know which ones (if any) shoot while driving?

Yea, capture creator got even more messed up with the new patch. I don't know wtf is going on with it, but I went to edit one and a whole bunch of stuff like weapons are all of a sudden mislabeled. I didn't delve too deep but hopefully that's it because I like making captures. I don't even care that anyone hardly plays them, I've just tried to make ones that I think are fun and can be done with even just 1 other person. My GTA Capture version of Crash Junctions actually works best with one other but I keep ending up with three so I may add another Team/Junction to it.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Yes, I've been trying various combinations from neutral relationship defensive, hostile relationship aggressive, different helicopters, different places around the city... Lots of things to work with. 

I know for a fact that the Male Special - Bodyguard Actor can. I have a match where they are in vehicles set to hostile aggressive with Micro SMG's and they're quite powerful. 

Actor Weapons are definitely misplaced now. They need to go more in-depth with actors. At one point I tried having an actor fly around in a Lazer with no luck. 

What I can do vehicle-wise is having actors attack while in cars and take flight in a buzzard when a player approaches and use the turrets and rockets to attack.

But I want a simple fly around. An actor just randomly patrolling Los Santos skies while others try to snipe him down. 

SbrbnHstlr
  • SbrbnHstlr

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

I have created a capture that I'm still in beta testing with my crew.
It involves 4 cars with actors in them that are hostile. As well as two annihilators with pilots in each.

At first I tried your normal black ops actor with every combo in the helicopter. They wouldn't fly. Just sit in them and react when you got close. They reacted by getting out and shooting with their guns.

The only way I got the helicopters to fly was by putting a "pilot" actor in first, then loaded them up with other agents.
Put him defensive and set to wander/biggest patrol range and you should be fine.

The one thing I didn't try was stacking objects, placing the heli on the stack and putting a normal actor in it, then removing the stacked objects.
It would result in fight or flight, might be worth trying.

Hope this helps, if not respond and I will gladly help as best as I can. I have loads of experience with the creator and feel I have pushed it to the limitations.
  • peeeel likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Thank you, I'll try your method and tell you how it goes. 

I know for a fact that Black Ops set to hostile aggressive in Buzzards will indeed take flight and start firing rockets. Not sure about other helicopters. 

Given prop stacking, there's a special thing in Capture modes which differs from Deathmatches and Races. EVERY spawned vehicle or actor will fall through props no matter what. Even if you place a car floating above a container, thinking it will drop on top of it and stay, it won't. 

Another thing I noticed is, I have a special gauntlet capture where there are actors in tanks blocked in by props. At first when you get close to them and ''activate them'' they're inside. Later once you die and come back to them they somehow ghost through props. Same with traffic.

If you're driving a good distance away from a pedestrian in a car he will ghost through a ramp. If you drive right next to him, he will take the ramp with you. 

The rendering seems to be broken. Actors will always function there but if there is no player nearby, props won't render causing the actors and AI's to go through them.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Yea, I discovered this with the aforementioned Crash Junction. With the race I tried plugging up traffic with various props but at distance the bystanders clipped right through everything. Even in slow vehicles, there wasn't enough of an impact by the time the player got to the junction. That's why it only works as a capture: that way I can have actors in cars in the junctions. What I've been tinkering with is their travel distance; set it too low and they don't move at all which sometimes makes the junction only really work in the first trip.

Thanks for the tips.

peeeel
  • peeeel

KAPE

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

How do you get actors into vehicles? I've missed out on this little gem.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Place a vehicle, go to actors, drag the actor over the vehicle driver's seat and press x. If you want to give the actor the objective to drive around with, place it on top of him. It will look like its on the ground under the vehicle while building but it works.

• peeeel likes this

peeeel
  • peeeel

KAPE

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Place a vehicle, go to actors, drag the actor over the vehicle driver's seat and press x. If you want to give the actor the objective to drive around with, place it on top of him. It will look like its on the ground under the vehicle while building but it works.

Cheers man, I'll play about with it.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

On the original post, I haven't had much luck with helicopters. I was testing with the annihilator and with the maverick and the only thing they have done is fly in place and (when applicable) not fire (Worse yet the capture objects stayed floating in the air after the actors were killed). Also note that live physics are different from test mode. I had dusters and mammatus flying in test mode but as soon as I went to live test the planes crashed straight into the ground.

On a side note, thanks for the info on the different actors. I may actually be able to get my raid concept working with buzzards if black ops can fly them (this is provided that they actually have some sort of flight AI and just don't fly off in a straight line).

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yea, capture creator got even more messed up with the new patch....a whole bunch of stuff like weapons are all of a sudden mislabeled.

You mean arming the actors with HEALTH is a bug? 

:facedesk:

• SaveTheZombies likes this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

No, that's a legit change. I'm working on a capture now where a bunch of hipsters at the beach try to health you to death while you steal their smart cars.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Health you to death? Please...

It's all about killing you with a Jerry Can. Nothing says death than a big red can of gasoline...

I would laugh hard if the actors would actually run up to players and start pouring gas around them and then follow them making a trail.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

You can't set it to the biggest patrol range and expect them to fly. The patrol range HAS to be set to wander. Has to be. And the actors don't have specific skill sets. I've put many npc's on my creations and they all act the same.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Well I could be wrong when it comes to aircraft and npc's. I'm speaking on land vehicles only I guess. I made a capture modeled after the way the legal dispensaries in Colorado have to run their business. In this capture mode, I was putting npc's in vehicles and only one of them would actually move/drive on their own. The rest of them just stayed in one spot until they spotted me. I went to the creator and noticed the one that moved on their own as soon as the match started was the only one set to wander. The others were on patrol range 50m. I changed all of them to wander and they all moved on their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users