Tank Armor Nerf?

194 replies to this topic
Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

It's good that R* have nerfed tanks considering how op they were. Now they just need to nerf the lazer jet as well. The jet is stupidly op considering you could take down a tank with 3 cannon passes. That was before the tanks were nerfed as well.

lazer can be OP but they're not really a problem

the problem with tanks is that any noob (well richass lvl 70 noob  XD) can order one at any time

and even you destroy it, he can just get a new one

not so with the lazer jet, takes a longass time going across the map each time to get one

and it also requires a lot more skill.

tank griefing happens pretty much every other game

the times I succesfully got griefed by a lazer can be counted on one hand really.

• sadpandamakeup likes this

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Here is official tested info. It takes 4 rpgs or grenade launchers to kill a fresh tank. Sticky bomb count is unknown. Jets need only a very unprecise 1.5s shot with cannons to kill a fresh tank. Works even in splash radius. Buzzards do the same amount of damage before 1.14 with guns. Buzzards need only 4 rockets to kill a tank. Annhilators remain the same and just as useless besides being a 6 seater. Above is a video confirming these numbers by a youtuber named Tonski who is somewhat known as the gta v jet expert.

So a grenade launcher would actually be more effective right?  Since it fires faster than a RPG.

I suppose so and plus they cant see where it was fired from.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

i bet they didn't do it for the benefit of the low level players.
they must have not liked players using tanks on that coveted playlist.

next is the laser jet. wont be long before you have jets in every lobby ruining the game with an even faster killing machine. better start crying now about jets are unfair. it takes months for rockstar to do anything about it.

Like I said, jets are only dangerous when they are being flown by the 10% of the population that can fly em.
  • saintsrow and sadpandamakeup like this

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

next is the laser jet. wont be long before you have jets in every lobby ruining the game with an even faster killing machine. better start crying now about jets are unfair. it takes months for rockstar to do anything about it.

Like I said, jets are only dangerous when they are being flown by the 10% of the population that can fly em.

Well against a tank they dont need 100% accuracy now. They can even be slightly to the side of it. 1 run and tank is gone

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Well against a tank they dont need 100% accuracy now. They can even be slightly to the side of it. 1 run and tank is gone

Well, I'm not a twanker so that's good news :)

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Maybe r* could add diffren tanks. A tank for lvl 50s it only needs 1rpg to take it out
tank 2- lvl 70s needs 3 rpg 1.5mill
tank 3- lvl 100 needs 5 rpg 2mill
tank 4- lvl 130 needs 7rpg 2.5mills
tank 5- lvl 150 needs 10 rpg 3mills
tank 1- lvl 50 needs 1rpg 1mill

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Maybe r* could add diffren tanks. A tank for lvl 50s it only needs 1rpg to take it out
tank 2- lvl 70s needs 3 rpg 1.5mill
tank 3- lvl 100 needs 5 rpg 2mill
tank 4- lvl 130 needs 7rpg 2.5mills
tank 5- lvl 150 needs 10 rpg 3mills
tank 1- lvl 50 needs 1rpg 1mill

Or just play World of Tanks.
  • saintsrow and GKS Sahara like this

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

I'm going to break out my tank just because people feel safe now... Lmao

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I'm going to break out my tank just because people feel safe now... Lmao

Not gonna last long lol.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

The only changes that should be done to the tank at this point is disabling the tanks treads and adding a second seat on the turret so you can operate a Mounted LMG/HMG to give them a chance to fight. The guy in the 2nd seat wouldn't have protection, so he would be very vulnerable to gunfire.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 20 June 2014 - 08:11 PM.

i read about the nerf.

been playing and tested rockets on mine and it took 3.
couldn't find tanks while flying to see how faster it is.

found one and it was pretty much a one hit, i suspected the tank could be damaged already as it couldn't be that awesome.
found another tank fresh off the spawn, still all it took is one pass.

about time Rockstar!

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 20 June 2014 - 09:01 PM.

There is a nerf for the Lazer already.

They made it hella difficult to get off the base with one...unlike in the past. In the past you would have to deal with a few guards which you could easily get past.

Then they beefed it up so that you get off the ground and "BOOM" Tank shell kills your ass.

Then you learn and adapt to miss that  crap by doing some barrel rolls to break the lock.

Now, not only do you have to deal with the men and tanks, but now they will scramble jets who will chase your ass.

After all that, you then have to have enough skill to hit tiny little targets on the ground while you're going super fast.

I say all that to say. there isn't a need for a jet nerf.

• saintsrow likes this

GKS Sahara
  • GKS Sahara

GoldRush 5/30

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

There is a nerf for the Lazer already.

They made it hella difficult to get off the base with one...unlike in the past. In the past you would have to deal with a few guards which you could easily get past.

Then they beefed it up so that you get off the ground and "BOOM" Tank shell kills your ass.

Then you learn and adapt to miss that  crap by doing some barrel rolls to break the lock.

Now, not only do you have to deal with the men and tanks, but now they will scramble jets who will chase your ass.

After all that, you then have to have enough skill to hit tiny little targets on the ground while you're going super fast.

I say all that to say. there isn't a need for a jet nerf.

The jets would chase after you since the beginning of time.

Also, try shooting the cannons (machine gun) in the water along a beach. The explosions from the water splash are a lot bigger now.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

The jets would chase after you since the beginning of time.

Hadn't been my experience until recently.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:34 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 23 June 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Took out another tank with my Epsilon building + grenade launcher combo.

With the height advantage, you pretty much become the tank's worst nightmare.  The Epsilon building is one of the best, and most easy accessible places to rain hell on a twanker chasing you down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users