Photo

So what are you guys doing this summer

93 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:27 PM Edited by theadmiral, 23 June 2014 - 11:27 PM.

I managed to make a 3 page resume a few months ago but granted, I did put a number of things for education and past employment/volunteer work. 

Can help you BS skills and qualifications portion of the resume. Always makes me lol hard writing that sh*t up. 

It is widely known in the professional / HR world that resumes that are much over 1 page long generally go in the trash. I'd love to read your 3 page "pro BSer" resume sometime anyway.

• Mark and El Tel like this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

It is widely known in the professional / HR world that resumes that are much over 1 page long generally go in the trash.

This isn't strictly true. If it is a particularly slow day in the office then there is a good chance that a three-page resume would be passed around amongst members of staff so they can ridicule and trivialize the authors life and achievements in an attempt to make their day go faster.

• theadmiral likes this

Boss 1992
  • Boss 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Not summer here yet (still got 3 months of winter here)...

but, my summer plans:

getty_rf_photo_of_group_beer_toast.jpg

beer_alcohol_binge_drinking_silhouette_2

college-girls-5.jpg

Seriously-drunk-people6.jpg

drunk.jpg

• orbitalraindrops, VIPΣR, Shah Sam and 4 others like this

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

Going to spend most of my summer "working" which involves driving this half million dollar boat with 350 horsepower around all day.

XGVpkym.jpg

lB9kOiL.jpg

• Failure, Marwin, RedBull FM and 2 others like this

Dottie
  • Dottie

The box said 10

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

tumblr_mldag3HzKG1sn9t2ro1_500.png

• Marwin and krashr like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

Going to spend most of my summer "working" which involves driving this half million dollar boat with 350 horsepower around all day.

Canadas-Navy-fleet-peace-keepers-Naval-F

/obligatory

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

the usual. 

work + video games + reading books.

and i bought a season ticket for my favorite football team so i'll be going to their games.

and i will probably take sometime off work/maybe go on a short holiday.

who knows! 

Failure
  • Failure

It's a long and lonely road.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'll waste it like I did last year, I expect.

There are certain things I want to do, but, never mind. 

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Aaron030792, 24 June 2014 - 05:05 PM.

Hard to tell.

Got my birthday coming up in a week or so.

Got my brother coming back to the UK to visit us in August, he moved to Norway nearly 2 years ago...

Also in the process of getting help from a psychiatrist for my depression, in the hope that I can find employment again in the coming months.

Apart from that, not a lot really.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

I guess I'm really not doing a damn thing. We were talking about how we should go to Fiesta Texas this week and my mom was all for i, agreeing that we need to do more stuff. But now shes like it would be a waste for her to go and that we probably can't go due some other bullsh*t excuse. I'm like this always f*ckinh happens. I want to do more stuff witu this family especially since it IS the summer but- it's just not going to happen.

I'm just wasting away my childhood wanting to do more. I don't want to have to depend on friends to go everywhere all of the time.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

1. travelling to

600px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png

2.Hit the 

gym.jpg?1356133776

3. Crazy stuff like

tandem-parachuting-02.jpg

4. Go to Leiria

praia.jpg

4-...

• Marwin and Scaglietti like this

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Playing games more often (watch dogs) and waiting for GTA V in this fall

• theGTAking101 and Scaglietti like this

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I'm going to stay in home, go to swim, TRY NOT TO HIT MY TOES ANYWHERE (I JUST DID, OH MYYYYY LOOOOOORD, SON OF A B******CH!!! S**T!! F*CK!!! G** DAMNIT!! THIS F*CKING HURTS!!!) avoid sun tan and do some sports, like usually...

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Meh. It's winter here :D

I'll probably have a week not touching my music instruments - I can't resist playing it damnit >:(

then watch some episodes of Game of Thrones and play all of my steam games.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by Mark, 08 July 2014 - 04:08 PM.

I managed to make a 3 page resume a few months ago but granted, I did put a number of things for education and past employment/volunteer work. 

Can help you BS skills and qualifications portion of the resume. Always makes me lol hard writing that sh*t up.

It is widely known in the professional / HR world that resumes that are much over 1 page long generally go in the trash. I'd love to read your 3 page "pro BSer" resume sometime anyway.
Agreed. In a previous job I was given the responsibility of vetting people that handed in their CV. Unless you seemed respectable and had a CV that didn't make me go tl;dr before figuring out if you were suitable for any roles then you were 'filed' along with the rest of our rubbish. Not like this was a difficult criteria; this was for an unskilled entry level job.

My first CV was 3 pages long. My current one(s) with much more experience is either 1 or 2, depending on the role. The one pager does most. Much more info on it than my old three-pager too. The early CVs went round and round, took ages and many CVs to get anything. My last 2 versions have 100% hit rate (one vacancy applied for, one/two interviews, job attained).

I'm working all summer, bar a long weekend for the Commonwealth Games. Should put away a fair chunk of change for a holiday later in the year (looking at going to watch a biathlon).

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hopefully working and saving my money this time and building a nest egg instead of wasting it on women that don't care about me at all.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Since summer school got canceled my summer plans got changed up a bit. Now I'm just chilling at home being a lazy fat ass doing absolutely nothing and searching for jobs, but since its summer all the other kids already took them. 

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 08 July 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Going up to Manchester for a bit to see some mates living there and Im going to Kiev/ Chernobyl at the end of July which should be sick as f*ck. Other than that I'll try to get a part time job as I am so low on money at the moment. My old job got taken over by a new company so they won't have me back as the new policy isnt to take on part time staff who'll only work for a couple of months. Filling out McDonalds applications earlier. Other than that I want to go to some sick club nights, go for a bike ride with one friend, do some more art and see an old family friend. I also want to go camping with my dad. Finally I  want to have some awesome sexual encounters before uni starts up again. Depending on how the funds look maybe Ill have a debauched trip to amsterdam.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

So are you a coast guard? Is part of the job riding around looking for trouble or you are called out?

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

So are you a coast guard? Is part of the job riding around looking for trouble or you are called out?

Yes. I work inshore rescue which is less than 50 nautical miles from shore (92 kilometers or 58 miles). We go out on patrol every day to let people know we're around. Sometimes we'll get information from surveillance aircraft overhead or locals about something to check out but usually it's nothing. Most of our responses are to incidents that we're tasked to by the Joint Rescue Coordination Center.  

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Playing GTA:O, browsing teh interwebz and preparing for my IGCSE physics and math exams on October.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Yes. I work inshore rescue which is less than 50 nautical miles from shore (92 kilometers or 58 miles). We go out on patrol every day to let people know we're around. Sometimes we'll get information from surveillance aircraft overhead or locals about something to check out but usually it's nothing. Most of our responses are to incidents that we're tasked to by the Joint Rescue Coordination Center.  
So it must get busy you must rescue many lives in a day.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

So it must get busy you must rescue many lives in a day.

Not really. Most of the time we're just hanging around our station doing various forms of training or watching Netflix. I work in an area that's kind of slow so we've only had three rescue taskings in the past two months. We're always ready to go the second we get a call for all 24 hours of the day though.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by johnny_zoo, 09 July 2014 - 01:43 AM.

Lol Netflix... Honestly it sounds a great job. Especially if you're getting paid handsomely by the hour which I assume you must be being a coastguard and all. If it's not busy then you can just chill which makes the money easier to earn.

The people that use the waters they are windsurfers and kayakers?

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

I have a few plans.

• Masturbate.
  • Eat.
  • Exercise.
  • GTA: Online.
  • Pee.
  • Eat.
  • Chocolate milk.
  • Poop.
  • Sleep.
  • Wake up.
  • Take a walk.
  • Eat.
  • Swim in the lake.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

I will:
Eat
Sleep
Test drive some cars cuz I need a new one
Watch movies
Gta o
Mope around
Workout
Maybe get a gf when school starts

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Growing a beard.. pretty thick at the moment. It makes me happy when I groom it. It's like caring for a child.

• The Hippie likes this

waymuu
  • waymuu

Hey Larry check this out I can change my member title

• Members
  • Martinique

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

I'll go to work and listen to lots of music

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Online classes, trying to stay physically active, and finishing up at least the storyline of Grand Theft Auto V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users