Photo

Missing Oysters

11 replies to this topic
Fizzum
  • Fizzum

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:19 AM Edited by Fizzum, 16 June 2014 - 02:21 AM.

I've been looking for 2 oysters for the last hour. I've checked the locations multiple times. I need help. Thanks. I'm playing on Android.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

There are 50 Oysters.
Oysters Map

Print it off, put it in a page protector.
Get a China Marker from an office supply store and cross them off. You can wipe the protector off and use the map the next time you play.
Tell us which two you are missing and then we might be able to help.
  • Spadge likes this

khsh97
  • khsh97

Thug

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I am too on android and this problem has also happened to me. If you have a save in which you haven't collected any oyster then load that save and start collecting all the oysters again. This is much faster then checking the location of missing oyster again and again. If you can provide the link to the map which you are using and oyster number in that map then I may be able to help you.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

If you get frustrated enough, then upload your save to gtasnp.com and I'll take a look at it. I can find your missing oyster hidden in the data of the pickup pool.

Fizzum
  • Fizzum

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the help, I was using that map to find the oysters. I'll try one more time before I make a new safe or upload my save. Thanks again.

Fizzum
  • Fizzum

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

No luck, here's the link: http://gtasnp.com/download/42681

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:05 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 June 2014 - 05:06 AM.

Dark52 Oyster Map: #2 and #3 (oh, you've got a map, still 2 and 3 though)

These two oysters are in the LS docks region. They are the two southeastern-most oysters.

Fizzum
  • Fizzum

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

It was 2 and 3? I didn't see them when I went back and checked. Oh well, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. 

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:49 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 June 2014 - 06:50 AM.

You're welcome. I ended up pasting your entire pickup pool into a PC save so I could view the pickups with an editor. Just to be sure, I had CJ go collect them; 2 of 50 collected (I didn't copy your stats or anything) and no more oysters in the save - so time to trash this one.

For anyone with hex skills, search and replace "DE C0" with "" to clean out the extra unicode stuff that PC doesn't use. And don't forget to fix the checksum.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Very good job OrionSR. I have read SA save format in gtamodding.com. There the offsets are 0x00 while when I open my save with HxD the offsets starts from 000000. Also the name of the save is not in text-string. I do not know how can I develop those hex editing skills.
Sorry if these discussions are not allowed in this forum.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 June 2014 - 07:46 AM.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting. The mobile version seems to read the save name directly from the GXT string. I remember mentioning save name editing recently, but I thought it was in relation to a PC save. But you are right. We shouldn't get into the technical details in this forum. Discussing strategies is one thing, but details on how to do it is likely to get the topic moved. If you are interest in this stuff then let's continue the conversation in PM until we settle on a project and then start a new topic in the modding forums. I'm off to bed though.

One tip for mobile hex editing; the mobile saves are full of extra bytes [DE CO]. If you can ignore these and adjust the offsets accordingly then the PC/PS2 documentation will make a lot more sense.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Ok, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users