Photo

Anyone buying PS4 just for GTAV?

84 replies to this topic
capomertadon
  • capomertadon

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by capomertadon, 16 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

^ lol it's exactly the opposite for me. I started to hate sitting in front of a TV, on the couch and do just gaming. On PC I can do 1000 things at the same time, one mouseclick away.

Yeah man I guess once we get into routines we like to change them up a bit.

I tend to game at night around 10/11 until 2 or 3 to beat insomnia and pass the time when im just chilling at home so I prefer the couch and a big screen now to just laze on in the living room in chill mode. Its all very personal we like different ways of doing things.

Other then naked women and some news sites i dont really use clicky mouse thing much anymore. Of course I always join this site on build up to game release but then leave when its out lol.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

OP you could keep your PS3 and still play GTA IV, VCS,  LCS, SA, VC, III

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I will upgrade to a newer gen console, but its a question of which one. There aren't any games on the PS4 which would make me want to get one over the Xbox, which is home Forza, GoW and Halo. Not to mention my GTA V progress already on the 360.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

No, I won't be buying PS4 to play GTAV. I keep my consoles and play previous titles also.

I'll be buying PS4 when GTA VI comes out. Not before.

The first games in the 'new' generation of consoles are not going to be worth buying, because they're just polished up versions of 'old' generation console games with relatively low innovation. Plus, there will be PS4 essentials around to play at the time I'm going to buy the PS4.

• RandomStunt likes this

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm one of those guys who bought the PS4 months ago with hope of GTA V on it, and that's the only reason I bought it... No other game that is out so far has interested me.

• capomertadon likes this

Novatic
  • Novatic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'm one of those guys who bought the PS4 months ago with hope of GTA V on it, and that's the only reason I bought it... No other game that is out so far has interested me.

meme-i-also-like-to-live-dangerously.png

• DuPz0r, MilezDawg, I<3GTAV and 2 others like this

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

I have found it all just more relaxed and comfortable on the sofa with a huge tv screen rather then sitting at the desk. I will still pick up a pc copy for the mods but will be more focused on my ps4 version.

I have a computer hooked up to my 50 inch(most tv's have "dvi" connections).

Moving to pc is more about how comfortable a person is with modifying in general. Car people usually get it!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out?

Common sense should tell you.
Some! Sell old consoles, usually when they are still in good condition in exchange for ... ?

Stop following me around you pathetic ass.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'm picking up a PS4, an Xbox One, and building a PC for GTA V... Okay, the PC isn't just for GTA V, but I still have more money than sense. May just get the XBO and buy one for a friend.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Stop following me around.

Stop derailing the threads, dude.
  • Sting4S likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Team Yay

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by A.O.D.88, 16 June 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Honestly I thought about getting a PS4 for V, but you know the PC version is gonna be the best one so I am leaning towards getting a gaming rig.

I guess for me it will come down to the question of the specific content that I really want and will it be in the PS4 version and or Single-Player DLC?

That will be the deciding factor for me in the PS4 vs PC purchase so I more than likely won't be making a decision until end of August at least.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by streetx1xracer, 16 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

^ Make the jump, I am about to make the jump this year too because lately I realized how consoles destroyed gaming for me. Also you can still play with controllers on PC, that's really not what should stop you from making the jump to PC gaming. Upgrade your PC or buy an all new one, even for the same price as current-gen consoles (so 400 bucks) you get a superior PC than what these consoles can offer you.

There are websites that tried building a pc with the specs of a ps4 and couldn't meet the $400 price. I mean you could get the specs somewhat near but you won't have a CD-Rom/blueray reader, WiFi, Bluetooth, and some other stuff too. Pretty useless imo.
  • SimsDaniel916 likes this

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

i bought PS3 just for GTA V. and now i have GTA IV on it too and then i got gta games on my portable consoles. i think GTA V made me a console gamer.

• GTA564 and capomertadon like this

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm about 90% done with modern gaming. The PS3/360 gen really killed gaming for me. PS4/XBONE looks like more of the same, but turned to overdrive.

I need to build a better PC to work on. It will be able to run GTA so I'll download the torrent when it comes, just to see what it is like, but i'm not that interested in playing through it again.

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:33 PM Edited by chilleverest, 16 June 2014 - 11:38 PM.

'' I'll probably use the money to upgrade my pc instead of buying a ps4, and will comment ''PC? PC release?'' on every console exclusives posts, rage about how devs ignore the PC market and completely ignore to acknowledge that the devs, PR and marketers caters mostly to consoles ''.

BrettTheRenegade
  • BrettTheRenegade

Gangsta Hoodrat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

I'll get a PS4 in September but that was because I wanted one for WWE 2K15. The news about GTA is just extra incentive.

I could buy one today if I wanted to but there's nothing out right now that I'd play and I'm waiting to see whether or not they add custom soundtracks

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out? That is so dumb to me, am I the only one who keeps all of my consoles?

On topic: I'm planning on getting the Xbox One and/or the PS4 for the new games and GTA V is just another reason to get one of them.

I only sold my PS1 when 2 came out cuz my parents didnt have that much money for PS2 .. it was not so cheap like PS4 is now :D

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

I've had an XB1 since November and I'm ordering a GTX Titan Z for my PC so I can have it there to because GTA is 1000x better on PC.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

i bought a ps3 for gta 4 at the time thinking there would be a infinite health cheat but there wasn't. i'm sure as hell not buy a ps4 just for v. I have v on ps3 and i'm going to get it for pc

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Why would I pay over $500 for a console just for a game with an average plot and slightly better graphics? I'll get a PS4 definitely, but not for GTA V.

• Official General likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

...yes.
BUT. Awesome games are coming out. Arkham, Fallout, new R* games, etc.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

No, because it runs and looks fine on a PS3. I'll get a PS4 when VI and Saints Row 5 come out. I see no reason to buy one now, because I find most new games incredibly dull and boring.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 19 June 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Nice one! I just finished both those games recently (on PS4) and I really enjoyed them. Have fun!

I 100% Tomb Raider in a few days and it was one incredible game.  I am glad I held off as it was great to experience on the PS4 for the first time.  

^ mind blowing: I can only think of one game to come in the near future that really is mindblowing. As you said it: No Man's Sky

My plans for the future, when it comes to gaming:

2014: GTAV for PC

2015: No Man's Sky for PC

for the following years, if a great game from R* comes out, I'll buy it of course, but it has to come out for PC too, otherwise I won't buy it. As for other developers, if they come up with something really unique and mind blowing, like Hello Games with No Man's Sky I'll make sure to buy it. Also then there's Half Life 3 but the rest is unknown.

I'll probably put my money into upgrading my PC rather than buy a PS4.  I think the only game that would make me consider a PS4 is The Last of Us 2 should it come out on PS4 and not be released on the PS3.

Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Order, and then you have any other brand new IPs Naughty Dog, Quantic Dreams, Santa Monica Studios, Ready at Dawn, and Sucker Punch may bring to the table.  Sony has proven time and time again that they have enough new first party software to last 7-8 years.  

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm going to wait and see (what I should've done originally) if it's just a new paint job then.....PC it is. V was underwhelming for me on the ps3 with the lack of CRIME RELATED things to do. watch VI's big feature to be flying a kite if it keeps on going this route.

carl turtle
  • carl turtle

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

f*ck no i'm buying it just for watch dogs the best game ever made

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users