Anyone buying PS4 just for GTAV?

84 replies to this topic
ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Actually the proper usage for next is what's coming, the PS4 and Xbox one have been released so they are no longer "coming" (for lack of a better term). So no, he had it WRONG.

If you would like to get technical about it:
The definition of next is: coming immediately after the present one in order, rank, or space.[/size]
Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 still receiving support is completely irrelevant, it just means the LAST GEN is still being supported.

Yep, that's why kids are refered to as the current generation... Oh wait.

Until the system reaches maturity, its Next Gen. When The producers are no longer supporting the current consoles, which won't happen for another year or two, Xbox360 and PS3 are current gen.

Kinda like a child under the age of 18. It's irrelevant until it's not having its little hands held through everything. When it can stand alone, it becomes the dominant generation. Xbox One and PS4 are still having their hands held, so to speak, by Microsoft and Sony.

It may be here, but so are newborn children, and newborns can't even eat on their own. Are we going to start calling toothless thoughtless gremlins the leaders of the human race? Not anytime soon.

and just to be clear, I'm calling you out because of your uppity f*cking attitude. Not because you're using the wrong term to describe something.

NexusLordNova
  • NexusLordNova

Assassin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

I already have one.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

Didn't buy PS4 just for HD-GTAV.

I'm buying HD-GTAV just for PS4.

• SimsDaniel916 and OUTFIT like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:06 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 16 June 2014 - 04:06 AM.

Yep, that's why kids are refered to as the current generation... Oh wait.

Until the system reaches maturity, its Next Gen. When The producers are no longer supporting the current consoles, which won't happen for another year or two, Xbox360 and PS3 are current gen.

Kinda like a child under the age of 18. It's irrelevant until it's not having its little hands held through everything. When it can stand alone, it becomes the dominant generation. Xbox One and PS4 are still having their hands held, so to speak, by Microsoft and Sony.

It may be here, but so are newborn children, and newborns can't even eat on their own. Are we going to start calling toothless thoughtless gremlins the leaders of the human race? Not anytime soon.

and just to be clear, I'm calling you out because of your uppity f*cking attitude. Not because you're using the wrong term to describe something.

Correct, plus XB1 hasn't even officially launched worldwide yet. It's still next-gen until early '15.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

I want a ps4 for a number of games. But I probably will get v for it.
Need to do house reservations before I buy a ps4

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 16 June 2014 - 04:39 AM.

Actually the proper usage for next is what's coming, the PS4 and Xbox one have been released so they are no longer "coming" (for lack of a better term). So no, he had it WRONG.

If you would like to get technical about it:
The definition of next is: coming immediately after the present one in order, rank, or space.[/size]
Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 still receiving support is completely irrelevant, it just means the LAST GEN is still being supported.

Crap argument lacking foundation, elaboration, facts and much more.

Edit: I made my point.  :sly:

Brainsick
  • Brainsick

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Why do you care so much?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:22 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 16 June 2014 - 04:23 AM.

Would you guys shut up. Damn.

• ElPaisa and Cutter De Blanc like this

ElPaisa
  • ElPaisa

GFX Artist

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by ElPaisa, 16 June 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Is all of that necessary? Regardless of it being called "Next" Gen, or "Current" Gen, it's still a PS4, and Xbox One! This thread ain't even about what the terminology of the consoles is, it's about whether people are buying a PS4 just for GTA, SimsDaniel, just stop, you started all this out of topic nonsense, grow up!

ON TOPIC, I will mainly be getting a PS4 sooner than planned for GTA V, though I'm also interested on other games, Battlefield Hardline and Uncharted 4 to name a few! 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out?

Common sense should tell you.
Some! Sell old consoles, usually when they are still in good condition in exchange for ... ??

OT:
Not planning a PS4, but the other one.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

I said if GTAV was announced for the PS4 at E3 I would go out and buy one right away.  I bought this Tuesday night:

10377543_535970286505095_102818344493674

• Miamivicecity, Detective Phelps and one55 like this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out? That is so dumb to me, am I the only one who keeps all of my consoles?

On topic: I'm planning on getting the Xbox One and/or the PS4 for the new games and GTA V is just another reason to get one of them.

I don't get it either.  I mean, if I sold off my PS3, I wouldn't be able to play Uncharted 1-3, Silent Hill HD, God of War HD and III, Persoan 5, Far Cry 3, Batman AA and AC, MGS Col, Hitman HD, Deus Ex, LA Noire, RDR, GTAIV, Journey, Infamous 1 and 2, No More Heroes, Twisted Metal, and Catherine.  

In fact, in total, I own NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBA, DS, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, XBX, 360, and PSP.  

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:05 AM Edited by one55, 16 June 2014 - 06:08 AM.

I said if GTAV was announced for the PS4 at E3 I would go out and buy one right away.  I bought this Tuesday night:

10377543_535970286505095_102818344493674

Nice one! I just finished both those games recently (on PS4) and I really enjoyed them. Have fun!

I bought my ps4 back in December so obviously didn't buy it for GTA. I'll be getting the ps4 version. I'm done with PS3. The only games I had left were Diablo 3, Last of Us and GTA V. D3/TLOU have been coming to PS4 for a whole now so I was waiting on GTA V announcement and now its here I can get rid of the ps3! I'm going all PS4 now :)

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Ultranumb

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

I'm gonna wait for a while before buying PS4. I'll wait till GTA V is released (date wise) on PS4. For now, I have a decent gaming PC that can run GTA V.

Also, I won't be selling my PS3.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

I'm getting the PS4, but not for GTA V alone. As well as GTA V, I will get WD and some exclusives on the PS4. I'll be keeping my PS3, though, as I have a lot of games on it.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Yes, I'll buy a PS4 just because of this game.

Since I am obssesed with this game I have to own it also on next gen, not just my PS3 with collector's edition.

Can't wait already.

• capomertadon likes this

R* E
  • R* E

Emanuel Berger

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by R* E, 16 June 2014 - 10:17 AM.

Absolutely NO way, why? Well because I'm done with console gaming once and for all. I needed some time to realize that all the years I wasted hundreds if not thousands of bucks for literally being screwed over and over again. I just thought for myself, is it worth saving money for yet another console now or will I finally save a bit more money for a proper PC that will outperform so called "next-gen" consoles by miles??? I decided to stop with console gaming once and for all and go for the latter. I'll save money for a proper PC now and then I'll play GTAV and all upcoming games on PC ONLY. Sure there is exclusives for consoles now and then but in the end it's just a game and not worth spending about 500 bucks to play it. If anyone expects jumps in gaming like it was possible with last gen consoles (PS3, 360) then you'll all be disappointed because thes power of the current consoles is already used by the developers to let's say 90% or even more. There's no cell-processor technology to discover and enable more power like it was the case with PS3. This time it's pretty similar to PC hardware and if it's already used 90% or more and it's not better than a game like Watch Dogs we all know what to expect in the years ahead. Nah, I'm not supporting this anymore. Consoles did already destroy a lot of gaming, I don't want them to continue doing so. I joined the master race and everyone is free to hate me now but after all I made the only wise decision to help gaming survive or let's better say to help THE gaming return I loved in the late 90s, the real gaming! And again to answer your question: No I would never buy a PS4, not for GTAV, not for any other game. PC is where I'm to be found now and I'll get GTAV for PC, that's it!

Edit: I have to thank GTAV and R*, I really have to thank them by heart - they made me realize in what danger we actually are and we'll go into even more danger if we continue to push console sales and buy games for these like we did in the past and like most still do. Yeah it may be good for the developers, it may be good for R* but it sure isn't good for us. GTAV made me realize that, we could have had what Trailer #1 made us dream about, what R* made us dream about when they were smashing words around like "search for the almighty dollar" but we, YES WE destroyed GTAV because our unwillingness to buy a proper PC and then play GTAV how it's meant to be played and how it's meant to be experienced. Now we all see the results, if GTAV was exclusive to PC we'd have the game we all wanted and probably R* would have sold almost the same amount of copies. But well still thanks to R* for letting me realize what I have done and what most of you will continue doing.

• uptownrockstar likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

GTAF Crew Member

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

I already sold my ps3 but i have a decent pc to keep me busy until v comes out for ps4. And i rather buy v for ps4 because all my friends are in psn.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Me. But, I'm buying TLOU Remastered, first. Unless, they come up with a day one copy of GTA V containing all the upcoming DLCs.

capomertadon
  • capomertadon

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by capomertadon, 16 June 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Yeah i purchased a PS3 solely for gtaV and sold it, havent played a game on ps4 yet. Its been an expensive dvd player so far. GTAv/online & The Witcher 3 will see its usage go into extreme mode. I look forward to No Mans sky also. Thats about it. I only tend to buy 2 or 3 open world games and invest my gaming time in them for a few years. Unless something really original and mind blowing comes along.

For the 2 that "dont get" why people sell their old consoles. Not everyone wants a backlog of old games they are not going to use or a console gathering dust they will never play again. Others might need it to fund the new purchase.

If they have no use for it anymore it makes complete sense to sell it. doh

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

I'll probably put my money into upgrading my PC rather than buy a PS4.  I think the only game that would make me consider a PS4 is The Last of Us 2 should it come out on PS4 and not be released on the PS3.

R* E
  • R* E

Emanuel Berger

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

^ mind blowing: I can only think of one game to come in the near future that really is mindblowing. As you said it: No Man's Sky

My plans for the future, when it comes to gaming:

2014: GTAV for PC

2015: No Man's Sky for PC

for the following years, if a great game from R* comes out, I'll buy it of course, but it has to come out for PC too, otherwise I won't buy it. As for other developers, if they come up with something really unique and mind blowing, like Hello Games with No Man's Sky I'll make sure to buy it. Also then there's Half Life 3 but the rest is unknown.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

No.

I'm gonna wait until GTA 6 comes out on PS5, then I'll upgrade.

So in about 10yrs time :p

• BLOOD-MOND and capomertadon like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

No, I am waiting for Batman Arkham Knight to buy a PS4, after that I will pick up GTA V. I am sticking with my PS3 after the SP DLC is announced.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

So, i sold my PS3 a couple of days ago to make room for PS4. I don't wanna miss the next-gen train this time, and since the V next-gen announcement i have another one reason to upgrade.

I just couldn't stop thinking that i will be playing the scaled-down version on a 10-yr old designed console, while the definite version is on the works and ready for the PS4. So i decided to make the jump sooner than planned, just to experience GTAV again.

Anyone else with the same motive?

Nope, not for GTA V but I'm planing to get my hands on one of those for forthcoming titles.

Like RED DEAD 

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

I do want to.. But I am seriously considering making the jump to PC.. I just don't know where to start..

Do I dump my current PC or simply make upgrades? 

What if I have never played a PC game before? 

I like controllers.. But I am very curious about what PC gaming can offer me.

I want to make the jump but I don't want to waste money on things I'm not educated on..!!!

So thats why I am leaning towards Next Gen consoles.. 

R* E
  • R* E

Emanuel Berger

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by R* E, 16 June 2014 - 11:52 AM.

^ Make the jump, I am about to make the jump this year too because lately I realized how consoles destroyed gaming for me. Also you can still play with controllers on PC, that's really not what should stop you from making the jump to PC gaming. Upgrade your PC or buy an all new one, even for the same price as current-gen consoles (so 400 bucks) you get a superior PC than what these consoles can offer you.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

if i didn't have a ps4. i'd probably buy one for GTA V even though i already have it on ps3.

but i do already have a ps4. i'll be retiring my ps3. dont have anymore games that i want to play on it.

capomertadon
  • capomertadon

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

I do want to.. But I am seriously considering making the jump to PC.. I just don't know where to start..

Do I dump my current PC or simply make upgrades? 

What if I have never played a PC game before? 

I like controllers.. But I am very curious about what PC gaming can offer me.

I want to make the jump but I don't want to waste money on things I'm not educated on..!!!

So thats why I am leaning towards Next Gen consoles.. 

I made the jump the other direction tbh, I used pc's for gaming for the last 10 years but I have found it all just more relaxed and comfortable on the sofa with a huge tv screen rather then sitting at the desk. I will still pick up a pc copy for the mods but will be more focused on my ps4 version.

R* E
  • R* E

Emanuel Berger

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

^ lol it's exactly the opposite for me. I started to hate sitting in front of a TV, on the couch and do just gaming. On PC I can do 1000 things at the same time, one mouseclick away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users