Anyone buying PS4 just for GTAV?

84 replies to this topic
Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

So, i sold my PS3 a couple of days ago to make room for PS4. I don't wanna miss the next-gen train this time, and since the V next-gen announcement i have another one reason to upgrade.

I just couldn't stop thinking that i will be playing the scaled-down version on a 10-yr old designed console, while the definite version is on the works and ready for the PS4. So i decided to make the jump sooner than planned, just to experience GTAV again.

Anyone else with the same motive?

• BOSS 302 likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

Already have a decent PC, so next gen really seems like a waste of money to me at least.

• fac316 likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

yes, I'm still playing on PS3, and I can not wait to see how the game will look on PS4
  • fac316 likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out? That is so dumb to me, am I the only one who keeps all of my consoles?

On topic: I'm planning on getting the Xbox One and/or the PS4 for the new games and GTA V is just another reason to get one of them.
  • adictoGTA, jv95_, Christofchickens and 1 other like this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 16 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

So, I sold my PS3 a couple of days ago to make room for a PS4. I don't want to miss the CURRENT GENERATION train this time and with the announcement of GTA V on  CURRENT GENERATIONI have another reason to upgrade.

I just couldn't stop thinking that I will be playing the scaled-down version on a 10-yr old designed console, while the definite version is on the works and ready for the PS4. So I decided to make the jump sooner than planned, just to experience GTA V again.

Fixed and to answer your question, no. I purchased the PS4 and Xbone on day one in November while keeping my Xbox 360. 

• adictoGTA likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

Why the hell do people sell their consoles whenever new ones come out? That is so dumb to me, am I the only one who keeps all of my consoles?

On topic: I'm planning on getting the Xbox One and/or the PS4 for the new games and GTA V is just another reason to get one of them.

You save money.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by Stevilknievel, 16 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

I bought a PS4 in February at the time not having any real reason for doing so, looking back on it thankfully it was a risk that paid off due to TLOU and GTAV being announced and a few other interesting games too, I never had a ps3 (I still own/play my 360) so I felt the time was right to change platforms I feel the exclusives on the PS4 cater towards my taste more as a gamer.

But still play my PC for the definitive experience.

• visionist, MilezDawg and Blood-Is-in-Diamond like this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

Luckily I bought a PS4 exactly a week before the GTAV PS4/PC/X1 announcment. I had a feeling GTAV was coming to PS4/X1, but I was thinking a mid 2015 release.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

I have already had a PS4 since early December, I probably won't even be getting GTA V on it either unless it's at a severely discounted price, even then I'm not sure if I would buy it. 

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

I intended on buying a PS4 before the GTAV announcement but will definitely be getting it. I thought of picking up the PC version but I know V will run and look much better on a ps4 than my outdated PC.  

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

No.

I'm gonna wait until GTA 6 comes out on PS5, then I'll upgrade.

• voyager, SimsDaniel916 and thehambone like this

HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

I was originally not going to buy a new gaming-console until GTA VI comes out, because the GTA-games are the only games that I play. But after having seen the trailer for GTA V on the next-gen consoles, I've changed my mind. So some time later this year, I'll buy a PS4! :D

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

I was originally not going to buy a new gaming-console until GTA VI comes out, because the GTA-games are the only games that I play. But after having seen the trailer for GTA V on the Current-gen consoles, I've changed my mind. So some time later this year, I'll buy a PS4! :D

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

I was originally not going to buy a new gaming-console until GTA VI comes out, because the GTA-games are the only games that I play. But after having seen the trailer for GTA V on the Current-gen consoles, I've changed my mind. So some time later this year, I'll buy a PS4! :D

Would you just stop. What you are doing is considered as spam.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by Official General, 16 June 2014 - 01:00 AM.

Not really no.

I had always planned to buy a PS4 later this year as my next console of choice, maybe in autumn/fall, or around Christmas time, and I still intend to. But I'm not buying a PS4 for specifically for GTA V.

I probably will not be buying GTA V for the PS4 unless I see significant additions and improvements that will make me interested or excited in playing this game again once more. 

No you're not. I generally keep all my old games and consoles since the PS2 days. 

• fac316 likes this

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Awaiting Rockstar's confirmation, of First-Person details.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

The electrical outlet adjacent to my entertainment center has now been tentatively absolved of its duties, for the anticipatory transition to Playstation 4. Thus, the answer to the query is: 'Yes'. :) Having said that, I am contemplating selling the Playstation 3. It is operable, and in pristine condition. :)

Moreover, I too, actually have all of the consoles I have ever tenured, excluding my old, white Xbox 360, which was sold just prior to Grand Theft Auto: V's release. Both my original Xbox and Nintendo 64 are sleeping on a shelf, and accruing a sizable coating of dust as we speak.

The Xbox is completely out of commission, but the Nintendo 64 still glows that nostalgic red. :) As for my Playstation 2, it is carefully stowed away in its original retail box. Given that this iteration of Grand Theft Auto: V's release date is projected for the Fall, I will definitely be enduring the epic 1080p experience by Christmas. :D Grand Theft Auto: V is solidified as the first priority for my Playstation 4, succeeded by Watch Dogs. :)         

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

I will be beginning my PS4 journey with GTAV, just as soon as I get the money for one. Unless they release a GTAV Special Edition PS4, then I'll buy it all that moment and enjoy my being broke while I absorb the current-gen goodness which is the PS4.

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

you and me both ;)

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by ll rdny ll, 16 June 2014 - 02:33 AM.

So, I sold my PS3 a couple of days ago to make room for a PS4. I don't want to miss the NEXT GENERATION train this time and with the announcement of GTA V on  NEXT GENERATIONI have another reason to upgrade.
I just couldn't stop thinking that I will be playing the scaled-down version on a 10-yr old designed console, while the definite version is on the works and ready for the PS4. So I decided to make the jump sooner than planned, just to experience GTA V again.

Fixed and to answer your question, no. I purchased the PS4 and Xbone on day one in November while keeping my Xbox 360.
He had it right.
Until Microsoft or Sony stop supporting either the Xbox360 or PS3, Xbox360/PS3 will remain the current genstation of consoles. Next Gen will remain Next Gen until Xbox360 or PS3 stop receiving first party support.

Anyone who buys a console for one game is just silly. I'll be getting an Xbox One, but GTA V's Next Gen release had nothing to do with that decision.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

i already did

10456197_10152429960561668_841096097_n.j

i call it the playstation 4 gaming pc

• Tilemaxx, dice and OUTFIT like this

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

I bought a ps3 just for v.. Now I'm buying a ps4 for v haha. I'd say rockstar knows how to hustle
  • Cutter De Blanc and Luddite like this

MaxxyB
  • MaxxyB

Consuela FTW

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

I was considering buying PS4 for GTA V but I decided to get a gaming PC, because my friends who I play with also get one

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

I'll probably wait until GTA VI comes out.    

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 16 June 2014 - 04:26 AM.

So, I sold my PS3 a couple of days ago to make room for a PS4. I don't want to miss the NEXT GENERATION train this time and with the announcement of GTA V on  NEXT GENERATIONI have another reason to upgrade.

He had it right.
Until Microsoft or Sony stop supporting either the Xbox360 or PS3, Xbox360/PS3 will remain the current genstation of consoles. Next Gen will remain Next Gen until Xbox360 or PS3 stop receiving first party support.

Anyone who buys a console for one game is just silly. I'll be getting an Xbox One, but GTA V's Next Gen release had nothing to do with that decision.

Edit: My point has been made.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

Yes.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Already own one since 2 weeks ago, and I'm still keeping my 360 and PS3.

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Of course u got one u level 25 trophy hunter haha
  • Johan likes this

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

I will be getting a PS4 at the end of summer. I still haven't decided on whether I want to keep my 360 or just trade it in towards the PS4 and get whatever I can...

alex1369
  • alex1369

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

I wont buy a ps4 with the same game..
I mean for what? For that there are 25 sharks now when swimming? Or that are 50 vehicles around you when driving?
While everything else stays completley the same...
It would have been much better if the announced VI for ps4, then i probably would. But for just a bit more details to give over 400 euro, when you already have it on ps3. No thankyou.
I still enyoy it on ps3

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

I wont buy a ps4 with the same game..I mean for what? For that there are 25 sharks now when swimming? Or that are 50 vehicles around you when driving?While everything else stays completley the same...It would have been much better if the announced VI for ps4, then i probably would. But for just a bit more details to give over 400 euro, when you already have it on ps3. No thankyou.I still enyoy it on ps3

Haha I feel you man. I'd feel the same way, but I want a ps4 anyway. So why not get gta v?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users