46 replies to this topic
bindik
  • bindik

Yolo Swagger Master Yolo 420 Blaze It No Scope 360

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

For sure you know about https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

But there is one thing i was thinking about months, do you really think that this has been "leaked" i think rocksar wanted to people see this, why ? They did not confirm PC, so i think they wanted to people like just to be little confirmed --

Sry for english ... Phone :p

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by Tuskin38, 15 June 2014 - 06:03 PM.

I think either someone forgot to remove it from the disc before the copies were made, or they just didn't care.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

It wasn't quite leaked because it was in the disc after all. Rockstar just got sloppy.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

What's your source to this information? I'd wait for an official annoucement though.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

I took a quick look through this using a keyword finder and was able to see some interesting stuff, way quicker than sifting through it all and reading it. I like how you can see how they had a whole Cops n Crooks mode planned and it seemed like it was gonna be a big part of Online. It's referred to as "C&C" and "CNC," there were things like snitches, police precinct garages, making arrests, and it seemed to be a separate mode from regular Online free mode that you'd be able to jump into.

Meanwhile, the beloved yoga minigame seems to have been broken for two years. Instructions not displaying until the moves they describe were performed, Michael becoming invisible during yoga, the mission it's in automatically failing after doing yoga, the PC version crashing when they tried to do yoga, and then it just said "Yoga is almost impossible to complete." Looks like they figured that was worth more time and attention to fix.

• universetwisters, Andreas and UltraGizmo64 like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 15 June 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Meanwhile, the beloved yoga minigame seems to have been broken for two years. Instructions not displaying until the moves they describe were performed, Michael becoming invisible during yoga, the mission it's in automatically failing after doing yoga, the PC version crashing when they tried to do yoga, and then it just said "Yoga is almost impossible to complete." Looks like they figured that was worth more time and attention to fix.

They would have been better off ditching it imo, it was not really worth all that trouble, unless it would have been mission-exclusive.

Interesting though, it does show that Franklin and Trevor were in the game before the first trailer was even announced.

• Hmmm nice bike and universetwisters like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

I took a quick look through this using a keyword finder and was able to see some interesting stuff, way quicker than sifting through it all and reading it. I like how you can see how they had a whole Cops n Crooks mode planned and it seemed like it was gonna be a big part of Online. It's referred to as "C&C" and "CNC," there were things like snitches, police precinct garages, making arrests, and it seemed to be a separate mode from regular Online free mode that you'd be able to jump into.

how can you figure out they put the time into fixing yoga rather than making the cops n crooks, from looking into this stuff?

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by SonofUgly, 15 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Yeah as others said, this wasn't leaked, it's on disc. Specifically common.rpf/data/builds.xml.

Spoiler

There's other files on disc that mention PC too, like common.rpf/data/control/settings.meta, which has PC keys:
Spoiler

And a few others.

As for it they left it intentionally; probably not. There's a whole hell of a lot of unused stuff left behind.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 June 2014 - 06:26 PM.

Cops n Crooks could always be added later on, though. I doubt they scrapped it entirely. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

The mentions of CnC were probably just RAGE network tests, probably when there was no GTA Online in the game builds of the time.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

They would have been better off ditching it imo, it was not really worth all that trouble, unless it would have been mission-exclusive.

Interesting though, it does show that Franklin and Trevor were in the game before the first trailer was even announced.

Exactly what I was thinking. They might as well have just cut it and have that yoga section of "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" as a cutscene. I only ever did yoga once again after it, and I don't know of anyone who does it outside of that mission. I never considered CnC being just a network test either. Even if it was cut, maybe it'll be included in some future DLC. That or we'll just have to wait for GTA VI's Online.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 15 June 2014 - 06:37 PM.

Cops n Crooks could always be added later on, though. I doubt they scrapped it entirely. 

I hope so. The potential barriers are how it fits in to your personal character in GTA Online, and some people playing as police.

I'd prefer it to come back with the original skins. Potentially though you could simply have one team trying to assassinate one member on the other who is trying to reach the getaway vehicle. Both could be criminal gangs, with one hired to do the hit, rather than being cops. It might lose some of its charm, but the game play would remain intact. Could of course be separate from your GTA Online character development we've seen so far. What are those three other slots for?

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by Tuskin38, 15 June 2014 - 06:40 PM.

noticed this

"[PT][PB] - Cannot progress past the FIB2(magdemo) cutscene inside the FIB building. Cutscene freezes halfway through. [PC ONLY]"

magdemo probably means "Magazine Demo"
It is the demo mission which they showed to press monthss before release. So was that running on PCs?

I also noticed this

[PC] - Selecting last gen mode crashes the game

I wonder if that is an actual feature, or just a testing thing? Maybe it is a graphical setting?

bindik
  • bindik

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

I meant this, why is it even there ? Why it was not in GTA 4 ? I bet it was not fault, they wanted to be like that :p

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I meant this, why is it even there ? Why it was not in GTA 4 ? I bet it was not fault, they wanted to be like that :p

Or someone just forgot to delete it. They're only human you know. Everyone makes mistakes. Even Rockstar.

īlīlīlīlīlī
  • īlīlīlīlīlī

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I think either someone forgot to remove it from the disc before the copies were made, or they just didn't care.

Someone forgot. 

bindik
  • bindik

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Or someone just forgot to delete it. They're only human you know. Everyone makes mistakes. Even Rockstar.

Thats not the point, changelog is changelog, they are writing it by their own, it is not supposed to be even there by no way, this file is supposed to be some kind of log we did this, we did that, and thats all, why it was in game ?

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by Tony., 15 June 2014 - 06:49 PM.

This doesn't seem like something they'd want people to find, because that's kind of a weird and out-of-the-way way of saying "The PC version is on its way, don't worry." Lots of things from development get left in, and this is one of those things that they forgot to take out, it just went right past them. It was definitely never meant for any random person to view.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Out of interest, does anyone know how this came to be in the public domain in the first place?

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Out of interest, does anyone know how this came to be in the public domain in the first place?

It was on the retail console disc.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

It's inside the game files. Once the guys cracked them open, they found it.

Also I doubt that is manually written, that is probably generated by their bug tracker.

• Jimbatron likes this

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by Tuskin38, 15 June 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Thats not the point, changelog is changelog, they are writing it by their own, it is not supposed to be even there by no way, this file is supposed to be some kind of log we did this, we did that, and thats all, why it was in game ?

When they make the game it isn't on a disc, the files are laid on the hard drive, they probably use some sort of common network folder or internal SVN and the log file is included with the files so people know what is broken or fixed.

Whos ever job was to package up the files onto the master disc copy forgot to remove it.

GTA-Fanboy
  • GTA-Fanboy

...!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:24 PM Edited by GTA-Fanboy, 15 June 2014 - 07:28 PM.

Known Issues –
•868907 - [PB][PC] Crash - When accessing "last gen" mode the game crashes. - rage::grcTextureFactoryDX11::LockRenderTarget

•868907 – [PC] - Selecting last gen mode crashes the game

What does that mean? accessing "last gen" mode :catspider:

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Vehicle 2017 [IVPack]
    Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Maybe it means about graphic preset, like in PS3/X360.

• GTA-Fanboy likes this

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Known Issues –
•868907 - [PB][PC] Crash - When accessing "last gen" mode the game crashes. - rage::grcTextureFactoryDX11::LockRenderTarget
•868907 – [PC] - Selecting last gen mode crashes the game

What does that mean? accessing "last gen" mode

Probably removes any of the added graphical features that don't effect game play, like the tall grass.

Might disable DX11 features.
  • GTA-Fanboy likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

This one:

is very obvious... It is for people who have DX9 GPU's.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:07 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.

I really hope the "last gen" mode isn't just a testing mode. If it actually is in the game, It's going to broaden the potential player-base quite substantially. 

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

This one:

is very obvious... It is for people who have DX9 GPU's.

Weirdly, the last gen mode threw a DirectX 11 render error.

• GTA-Fanboy likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

I really hope the "last gen" mode isn't just a testing mode. If it actually is in the game, It's going to broaden the potential player-base quite substantially. 

I'd imagine it will be similar to GTA IV where you had medium textures, which were the same as the Xbox360 and PS3 versions, and the high textures. "Mode" though suggest a bit more than this. I think if they are going to have a lot more cars, as the trailer suggests, they probably need to improve the NPC driver AI, and probably adjust the physics for car crashes. V penalises car crashes a lot more than in IV, or at least, it feels like that for me.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 June 2014 - 08:33 PM.

I'm pretty sure last gen mode is just a dev thing used to try and emulate console graphics and performance. It helps them port a toned down version of the game the consoles can handle. I may be wrong though, that's just a logical assumption from the strings. If it is an actual setting, it most likely won't be called "last gen mode".

If it is true, then it would prove that the PC version of V was indeed developed alongside and is not a port. I think most of this list would prove that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users