Lazlow Discussion

96 replies to this topic
Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

I remember during gta 3 Lazlow was the man, he always mocked the crazy nut jobs of liberty city, than he continued to be great during the other 3d era games, but than things went to the fan during gta 5 he became less sane and arrogant to becoming a depraved, pathetic shell. I used to adore him now I just face palm whenever he appears
  • Blingy, tom_p1980, visionist and 16 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Lost in the Virtual Plaza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

Simple. It's the writing.

Heck, I thought he was better in 4 than 5. Since I haven't played GTA 3, I can't say anything about that, but still.

• ToyGT_one, OneManCrimeWave, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

Nuke.
  • Nuke.

gta advance > gtav

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

I remember good ol Lazlow in III, was one of my fave characters, even though he was just a radio host. I agree, his character (like many others) were ruined in V. The talk show he co hosts isn't funny, and his storyline appearances weren't funny nor needed. I do like his TV show though.

• tom_p1980, RichiesTrucking and LordZekrom like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:20 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 June 2014 - 04:21 AM.

His breakdown during Chattersphere pretty much explains most of it. People got sick of him, went through extreme lengths to regain his ratings, then f*cked everything up.

• lizardman563, GroundZero, Che Guevara_187 and 9 others like this

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

I think they are writing Lazlow out, because he wants to do other things than the GTA series. He not only does voice work, but he actually is one of main music producers for the game.

• LordZekrom likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

I think they are writing Lazlow out, because he wants to do other things than the GTA series. He not only does voice work, but he actually is one of main music producers for the game.

They're not writing him out on purpose. He is the one who writes his own lines in the games, so the quality depends mostly on him (of course, I'm sure other writers do make suggestions etc). The point is, if he wanted to leave the franchise, he could just do so by not saying ''Yes'' to their next check. And if Rockstar wanted to get rid of him, they wouldn't offer him the next check.

So, the reasons for lower quality should be searched for elsewhere. He's made parodies of different topics, trough different periods and at one point, you simply can't make as good material as you could before, due to the topics being exhausted. So he needs to either skip a game or two, and then make a comeback, or needs to have someone with a fresh perspective write his text.

• Che Guevara_187, _Klebitz_, DaRkL3AD3R and 2 others like this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

It's just R*'s humor downgrading, they should stick to serious story writing like RDR, GTA IV and so on.

All this wackiness crap is just making the game feel like it's pleasing 12 year olds.

• Blingy, visionist, Spaghetti Cat and 13 others like this

Novatic
  • Novatic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

It's just R*'s humor downgrading, they should stick to serious story writing like RDR, GTA IV and so on.

All this wackiness crap is just making the game feel like it's pleasing 12 year olds.

GTA isn't the place for serious, dramatic stories. Theres plenty of that elsewhere.

GTA is about satire. While you may see slapstick, trolololo humor, I actually see R* making statements about our society. Sure, sometimes they take it far (Trevor is just batsh##), but still it has that R* finesse to it.

• TheAdmiester, Jedi Master Tom, GroundZero and 15 others like this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Lazlow was best in SA. When the guy called about him raping his grandma or some sh*t?
  • Che Guevara_187, _Klebitz_ and ten-a-penny like this

OUTFIT
  • OUTFIT

BIG Empire

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Gta III radio >

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Since I haven't played GTA 3, I can't say anything about that, but still.

You should play III. Lazlow was a defining part of the radio in III. Best station by far. Very memorable.

• Che Guevara_187 and Pastry like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

GTA 3 Lazlow was the sh*t back in the day, but now? I dunno. I remember making a post about him that could very well apply here

Take Chatterbox in GTA 3 for example and how Lazlow was paired with all these nonsensical nut jobs such as the guy trying to organize a rally he doesn't know what for and Reed Tucker, the wannabe ninja that seems like something straight out of "Real Ultimate Power" or "Ghosts/Aliens". Now flash forward to GTA 5. What's the joke? Lazlow being a washed up celebrity still looking for attention. It was worth a chuckle or two in GTA 4, but not so much in GTA 5, where most of the jokes were either built on from the ones from IV or supposed to be "social commentary".

• matajuegos01 likes this

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

I agree with the OP. I hate to say it but he's pretty forgettable in this game. I honestly damn near forgot he was in the game as I haven't heard his voice since I completed the SP Story back in November. 

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Lazlow sucked in this game. At least he was a likable loser in IV. Now he's just a washed up loser.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

he was and always is a f*cking loser

• davetopper likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

In III? Naaaa.

• Pastry likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

GTA 3 Lazlow was the sh*t back in the day, but now? I dunno. I remember making a post about him that could very well apply here

Take Chatterbox in GTA 3 for example and how Lazlow was paired with all these nonsensical nut jobs such as the guy trying to organize a rally he doesn't know what for and Reed Tucker, the wannabe ninja that seems like something straight out of "Real Ultimate Power" or "Ghosts/Aliens". Now flash forward to GTA 5. What's the joke? Lazlow being a washed up celebrity still looking for attention. It was worth a chuckle or two in GTA 4, but not so much in GTA 5, where most of the jokes were either built on from the ones from IV or supposed to be "social commentary".

It's almost as if he himself has become one of those "nutjobs". Hopefully he cleans up his act for the next GTA, the in-game version I mean.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Zaibatsu
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Back in the 3D era he was (sometimes) funny.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

In III? Naaaa.

no not III i meant iv and v

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Have you ever played saints row?

• NTxC and Pastry like this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by burnzy187, 15 June 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Lazlow was also like this in GTA IV and VCS its done on purpose we're not supposed to like Lazlow hes supposed to be a loser 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Lazlow was also like this in GTA IV and VCS its done on purpose we're not supposed to like Lazlow hes supposed to be a loser 

In VCS it was understandable since he was Cousin Ed's butt monkey, but IV?

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

In GTA IV he tried and failed to come back to the celebrity scene. This continued in V

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

So, the reasons for lower quality should be searched for elsewhere. He's made parodies of different topics, trough different periods and at one point, you simply can't make as good material as you could before, due to the topics being exhausted. So he needs to either skip a game or two, and then make a comeback, or needs to have someone with a fresh perspective write his text.

Bingo.

Even the funniest comedian ever will eventually reach a brick wall where it just gets old. After several GTA games to feature Lazlow and his writing, it was bound to get old at some point. V just happens to be it. There should be no shame or hate in it, it's just the reality of the subject.

• viperdk and Pastry like this

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Isn't there an underlying theme all throughout V that has to do with people being fake has-beens? Most of the characters are trying to cling to something that was important to them, or trying to become something they aren't when in reality nobody really cares about them or their motives. A lot of the characters in the game are caricatures of fast fading washouts. Also by underlying I mean very obvious?
  • voyager, Pastry and thafablifee46 like this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Lazlow at his best - nothing like this ever happens in V.

• Blingy, visionist, ToyGT_one and 2 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Lazlow in the 3D era was more arrogant, cocky, and a wiseass, only being fumbled when some people saw through that, but Liberty City in GTA3, and in LCS, he was at home because he was allowed to be that arrogant dick and also be the only sane person in a city full of nutjobs.

Lazlow in the HD era is just a washed up has been constantly trying to get famous again, starting in GTA IV where he's also now a sex crazed addict, constantly going on about his step father, how life treats him bad, no one taking him serious, etc, etc, which continued on into GTAV where he gets treated like sh*t on Fame or Shame, constantly side lined on Chattersphere and made a mockery of in the story, gone are the days of the 3D era where he was arrogant, sarcastic, etc, we now have this HD era Lazlow who's a wimp afraid of losing success and will do anything to keep it.
  • Blingy likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Couzin ED FTW!

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Lazlow primed in III.

Sounds sad and depressing about his state in V, still I hope GTAV lives up to my expectations.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Its a joke, he is becoming more and more washed up.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users