Photo

game world size next gen

112 replies to this topic
kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

That map of the US looks awful. Lol at Florida and the Gulf.

it does seem considerably more squished north to south than east to west.

They only put in places that are interesting, i understand why they proportioned it that way

I get it too, but there is so much open space that could have made the map more proportionate by being cut. It just looks a bit stretched, I'm not complaining, my preorders in and I can't wait, just a little criticism is all.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

That's a racing game. I do expect GTA VI to be at LEAST two times bigger than V, though.

• fac316 likes this

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by TJtheS2000fan, 27 June 2014 - 04:13 AM.

I highly doubt they'll significantly alter the map, other than adding details. I'm sure any changes will be similar to the changes they made to Liberty City on the Episodes disc. Tweaks, essentially. They'll save a bigger map for GTA VI. 

(On a different note, how come there isn't a forum for VI?)

• fac316 likes this

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

well next Gen certainly opens up the doors for more cities to join like liberty city with alot more detail,that would be awesome. :)

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

I highly doubt they'll significantly alter the map significantly, other than adding details. I'm sure any changes will be similar to the changes they made to Liberty City on the Episodes disc. Tweaks, essentially. They'll save a bigger map for GTA VI. 

VI hasn't been announced yet

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

You're a modder, right? And most likely you will be getting a PC version, right?

I mean, once you guys get the technical sh*t sorted out you can mod in a map as big as you want with as many details as you want and as many spongebobs and zombies as you want.

Why do you keep complaining about stuff you can just mod in?

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'd rather have a small map with details and more interiors than a humongous map with nothing to do with it.

_UrethraXtreme
  • _UrethraXtreme

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Long story short, the crew will disappoint you with its world size/detail by comparison.

• Kampret likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:41 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 22 June 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Long story short, the crew will disappoint you with its world size/detail by comparison.

Ehh, it depends. If you don't listen to or believe the hype then you wont be disappointed. The best way to market a game is the best way to kill a game. Hype.

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Well as far as I know, Rockstar said that GTA Online will be expanding, so in future the world of GTA Online will be bigger and bigger and that means only on nextgen and PC

• ivarblaauw likes this

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I honestly don't think the GTA V map wants to be any bigger. I'd love to see a Nascar arena somewhere out in the desert. Although looking at the map, I don't think that there is any room anywhere for a decent sized track. Maybe if they took a whole load of the forest area out. Or if they expanded the map a little. I'd love to see map expansions in GTA, but nowhere near the size of 'The Crew'. That game looks immense, and I'm the type of person that would be so so happy to drive and drive and drive for hours. I just hope things aren't locked behind a progress wall like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. There is a time trial I spent days trying to do. And its so so hard. Because I can not do it, I can't progress. That game as a whole was just such a disappointment after the first one. I'm babbling.

/post

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

I honestly don't think the GTA V map wants to be any bigger. I'd love to see a Nascar arena somewhere out in the desert. Although looking at the map, I don't think that there is any room anywhere for a decent sized track. Maybe if they took a whole load of the forest area out. Or if they expanded the map a little. I'd love to see map expansions in GTA, but nowhere near the size of 'The Crew'. That game looks immense, and I'm the type of person that would be so so happy to drive and drive and drive for hours. I just hope things aren't locked behind a progress wall like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. There is a time trial I spent days trying to do. And its so so hard. Because I can not do it, I can't progress. That game as a whole was just such a disappointment after the first one. I'm babbling.

/post

I'm sure they could make a small race track in the arena. 

Also, what have you got against the "progress wall" in TDU2. It was easy to get cars you wanted. Sure it became more of a grind at times but if you couldn't put up with it then it was as simple as downloading a save game.

ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

what f*cking racing game need an open world? unless I can get out my car and shoot at people I ain't playing it.

So you think racing games should anti-opened world? Is not fun to drive in a straight line that's why Rockstar makes Midnight Club.

Neox
  • Neox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

what f*cking racing game need an open world? unless I can get out my car and shoot at people I ain't playing it.

So you think racing games should anti-opened world? Is not fun to drive in a straight line that's why Rockstar makes Midnight Club.

We know how awesome The Run was ;O

• turbocharger likes this

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

I highly doubt they'll significantly alter the map significantly, other than adding details. I'm sure any changes will be similar to the changes they made to Liberty City on the Episodes disc. Tweaks, essentially. They'll save a bigger map for GTA VI. 

VI hasn't been announced yet

Pretty sure the Gta V forum was created well prior to the announcement.

Yofriends
  • Yofriends

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

I'd love to see map expansions in GTA, but nowhere near the size of 'The Crew'. That game looks immense, and I'm the type of person that would be so so happy to drive and drive and drive for hours. I just hope things aren't locked behind a progress wall like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. There is a time trial I spent days trying to do. And its so so hard. Because I can not do it, I can't progress. That game as a whole was just such a disappointment after the first one. I'm babbling.

Unfortunately it seems that the map of "The Crew" will be locked behind a progress wall.

You will have to unlock the five parts of the map by levelling up.

This is quite annoying, I was hoping to have a fully open map from the start too, so hopefully this levelling up won't be too hard... lol

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

The crew looks like an OK game. The cities will be heaps smaller than LS. Sure there will be more, but have you heard the old term Quality not Quantity.

GTA V is big enough. Sure I wouldn't hate it if it was a little bigger, but hey it's still pretty good.
PS4 XB1 version with be the same size as ps3 xb3 version.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 23 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.

It came out on PC only 

What are you talking about? The Crew is on PS4/Xbox One.

Neox
  • Neox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'd love to see map expansions in GTA, but nowhere near the size of 'The Crew'. That game looks immense, and I'm the type of person that would be so so happy to drive and drive and drive for hours. I just hope things aren't locked behind a progress wall like in Test Drive Unlimited 2. There is a time trial I spent days trying to do. And its so so hard. Because I can not do it, I can't progress. That game as a whole was just such a disappointment after the first one. I'm babbling.

Unfortunately it seems that the map of "The Crew" will be locked behind a progress wall.

You will have to unlock the five parts of the map by levelling up.

This is quite annoying, I was hoping to have a fully open map from the start too, so hopefully this levelling up won't be too hard... lol

The map is open after the "starting mission".

You can drive everywhere only the missions are locked there.

So if you want to free drive you can do it.

Yofriends
  • Yofriends

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Oh great, I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info ;)

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

The map is not the problem, the lack of activities on the map (ESP the countryside) is. I can only role-play as jason vorhees for so long.....

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by rahjee, 25 June 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Are you talking about the crew? GTA V's an openb world freeroaming game, the crew is a open world racing game. You can only race in it. You can't compare them.

PS What do you mean GTA V's map's tiny? I know the crew is remake of america and it's alot bigger. But GTA V's map is 49 square miles. It can swallow LC, SA, and RDR combined. It may not be that massive, but it's big enough.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

If you want a bigger world, I would recommend you to wait for GTA VI. They won't change any major thing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users