60 replies to this topic
TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys,

do you think Rockstar will make Collectors Edition of PC version as well? If so, do you think they will announce it before release of standard PC version?

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

i think it will same like in a watch dogs
gta v -deluxe edition(probably dlc form se/ce,or maybe season pass dunno)
- without any physical contents

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

i think it will same like in a watch dogs
gta v -deluxe edition(probably dlc form se/ce,or maybe season pass dunno)
- without any physical contents

That would be really sad because I was planning to get myself Collectors Edition. But if there won't be physical content like in PS3/X360 version, then there's not point to get it for me.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Truth be told the physical content for GTAV Collectors Edition kinda sucked, I bought it, but don't ever use it. GTA IV's was a lot better and has actual uses.
  • mikezilla2 likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

I would buy a Collectors Edition for PC, but mainly for physical content, like metal box.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

I would buy a Collectors Edition for PC, but mainly for physical content, like metal box.

There is no Metal Box, the Lock Box was GTA IV's Special Edition.

GTAV has...
- Cardboard Box
- Hat
- Blueprint Map
- A purse with a key lock
- Key for said lock
- Steelbook DVD Case

SergeantGnome
  • SergeantGnome

Robot Man Juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

As someone who bought the PS3 Collector's Edition, let me tell you that it's not worth it. Unless they throw in stuff that's actually useful/cool for the PC version, don't buy it.
  • AlasClarin likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 June 2014 - 04:29 AM.

With V coming to Steam, it's all going to be digital. So if the PC version gets a collectors edition, there will be no physical content, just stuff like the stunt plane trials and weapons. So it's not going to be 150 USD like the console versions were and may actually be at a decent price for the extra content.

If there is no collectors edition, I'm going to bet Rockstar will simply put it up the stuff as DLC on Steam for those who want it.

Loves GTA
  • Loves GTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

With V coming to Steam, it's all going to be digital. So if the PC version gets a collectors edition, there will be no physical content, just stuff like the stunt plane trials and weapons. So it's not going to be 150 USD like the console versions were and be actually be at a decent price for the extra content.

You do realize there is still a retail market for PC games right? A CE with physical extras is not out of the question.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 15 June 2014 - 04:35 AM.

With V coming to Steam, it's all going to be digital. So if the PC version gets a collectors edition, there will be no physical content, just stuff like the stunt plane trials and weapons. So it's not going to be 150 USD like the console versions were and be actually be at a decent price for the extra content.

You do realize there is still a retail market for PC games right? A CE with physical extras is not out of the question.

Logically though, the Steam version won't have the physical content and would be cheaper. 

Though I'm not sure if Rockstar will make a CE for PC. It was a limited time thing for first release and would not really be for collectors if the physical content was made again. The extra digital stuff will likely be DLC stuff.

Loves GTA
  • Loves GTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

Logically though, the Steam version won't have the physical content and would be cheaper. 

Though I'm not sure if Rockstar will make a CE for PC. It was a limited time thing and would not really be for collectors if the physical content was made again.

I don't think they will make another CE period, especially not at an outrageous $150. I see them maybe doing another $80 version, but hopefully there's just one version for $60 with all original preorder content already included.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Facade Corp™

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

They haven't announced one yet. So, I don't think that it will be released before the Standard version. Standard Version's already out for pre-order. But, nothing's being said about a Special/Collectors edition. Anyway, I didn't like the PS3 version, so I don't want to buy one for PC, unless they add something more useful in the box.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

I think there will be a like a digital deluxe edition for those who buy it on Steam, that includes all the collectors edition goodies - physical stuff and maybe + GTA San Andreas?

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

I smell a deluxe edition but not a collectors, which is a good thing mind you.. I own the collectors edition for the PS3 version and I still look at it to this day in disgust for ever being blind.

Dey
  • Dey

Anal ways

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

GTAIV doesn't have the collector's edition like 360/PS3 (that with the safe box) on PC so I don't have much faith. It's time to search the collectors on console and enjoy the game on PC.

GTAgameslover
  • GTAgameslover

Hit-64-bit

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

GTAIV doesn't have the collector's edition like 360/PS3 (that with the safe box) on PC so I don't have much faith. It's time to search the collectors on console and enjoy the game on PC.

yes he's right about that topic rockstar may release  gta V collectors edition of pc

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

If there was going to be a CE it would have been announced already.

Rockstar already has pre-orders on their official site, no mention of one at all.

sparky66
  • sparky66

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

I hope that there is a deluxe edition with all the digital content (hotknife etc.) for a reasonable price, not bothered about a stupidly priced collectors edition with some random physical crap I will never use. Although to be honest the hotknife is all I really want!

Thanks to steam most games now have digital deluxe versions with all the digital content for a reasonable price, if that is the case that is the one I will be getting. I spend so much time on every GTA I know it will be worth it.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Rockstar already has pre-orders on their official site, no mention of one at all.

As I remember people cried when R* announced CE after they preordered normal version, which was a month or maybe even more after official preorders started. It could be same thing now.

j0ffline
  • j0ffline

Maybe one day, I can walk on Los Angeles..

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I don't want any edition of GTA V. I hope Rockstar will release the game with all mini-DLC's and contents..

I want full version :D

Fledermausmaster
  • Fledermausmaster

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by Fledermausmaster, 16 June 2014 - 02:01 AM.

I would like the hat. It goes well with my 25 other hats that i never wear because I am older than 16.

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

As I remember people cried when R* announced CE after they preordered normal version, which was a month or maybe even more after official preorders started. It could be same thing now.

That makes sense. 

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by Antaxi, 17 June 2014 - 02:24 PM.

I don't want any edition of GTA V. I hope Rockstar will release the game with all mini-DLC's and contents..

I want full version :D

i think not.
but you can download it for FREE via steam store in dlc directory or via FREE updates

...or if they money whores, they sell it separately including season pass or something...:p

ravendrölf
  • ravendrölf

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

They already said that everything in GTA V Online etc will be included in the Remastered Versions.

No there won't be a Collectors Edition. Why should it anyway ?

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

I won't buy the collector edition. 

I've already the special edition on 360. I don't want to pay a big price on PC, even if this version will be way better. It doesn't justify to pay even 60 euros IMO.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

they should make all the pc versions the same

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

I have the CE version for PS3 and I love it (yes, I do rock with that hat outside, deal with it), but there most likely won't be CE for the PC version. Probably special or deluxe edition at most.

Washuchan
  • Washuchan

Neko jetpack assault squad

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

I hope they will have a digital deluxe version on steam with all of the non-physical stuff from the collector's edition.

And there will probably be a physical collectors edition for PC with different collectables from the original collector's edition, so hardcore fans will have a reason to buy another CE.

GAMIR_GTA
  • GAMIR_GTA

Modder of GAMES

• Members
  • Panama

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

Maybe a digital Especial edition whit some Exclusive content and much money in-game or something

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

If there are different physical 'feelies' I might consider it. I have the Special Edition on PS3.

cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users