Can't get Michael and Trevor to meet?

3 replies to this topic
hipchip
  • hipchip

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Got abit of a problem getting from Friends Reunited to the Fame or Shame mission. I've completed Friends Reunited, got Wade's cousin's house as a safehouse etc, but I then went and ended up doing The Long Stretch mission afterwards. Now, when I'm Trevor there is no orange 'M' on the map indicating to drive to Michael's house, or when I'm Michael, Trevor just doesn't show up. I've driven with Trevor to Michael's house and forced them next to each other but they dont respond! Its been stuck like this for ages, is there a problem with the game or am I missing something? The missions Ive completed are:
- Prologue
- Franklin and Lamar
- Repossession
- Complications
- Father/Son
- Marriage Counselling
- Friend Request
- Casing the Jewel Store
- The Good Husband
- Doting Dad
- BZ Gas Grenades
- Bugstars Equipment
- The Jewel Store Job
- Mr. Philips 
- Trevor Philips Industries
- Nervous Ron
- Crystal Maze
- Friends Reunited
- The Long Stretch

I'm aware thats not all the missions in a chronological order, has that affected it? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Is that the order you did them? 

Do you recall if the Orange M was there before you did "the long stretch"

Do you have an earlier save you can go back to?

It appears you have a bug occurring?

Have you been able to do any random events or strangers and freaks since your game has been "stuck"?

The usual fix for stuck game  has been to save your game in a new slot, exit the game, restart the game so it loads your new save. Sometimes killing yourself and going on and offline (in and out of GTAO) has worked too....

I've never heard of this specific problem....

Moving this to troubleshooting....

hipchip
  • hipchip

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

I assume thats the order I did them in, as the Long Stretch is last on the list of replay missions.

I can't remember seeing the orange M for Michael before hand, but then again i wouldnt have been looking for it!

One previous save slot right back at Father/Son (4.0%).

If i save it it'll still be titled 'The Long Stretch' so I doubt much would change...

What would be the best course of action would you say?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Saving in a new slot and reloading that save has worked for some people for "unsticking" a stuck game.

I've been checking through my friends checklist on the rockstar social club as this shows the order the missions are completed.

On most of them and on mine... "the long stretch" was completed prior to "casing the jewel store." -- and for most of them, it was done right after "father/son"

For one of them, it was after the "the jewel store job loud" but before Mr. Phillips.

Another was done right after "casing the jewel store"

IMO-- if none of the "unsticking" things work-- then go back to the father/son save-- The long stretch should be available-- I would do it before doing anything else.

As always in this game-- save regularly (every 3 or 4 story missions)-- it has been and still is very buggy.

In my game-- it skipped a mission-- I got all the way through the ending before I noticed. I was playing for 100% and so went back to save prior to this-- I had to repeat about a dozen missions to get back to where I was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users