Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only who gets annoyed with some heavy alcoholics?

33 replies to this topic
Seahawksfan33
  • Seahawksfan33

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

I hate sounding harsh here, but I'm tired of people using it as an excuse to commit crimes or to harm others around them (drinking is completely avoidable). If you're unable to control yourself while being under the influence of Alcohol or your drinking habits then SIMPLY DON'T DRINK/get aid for your Alcoholism as it can put the other individuals around them at risk of being harmed (Alcohol is known to cause violent/aggressive behavior), and they shouldn't have to be. I generally avoid drinking since I wouldn't trust myself with Alcohol to begin with.

At the same time when I empathize them, I feel as if I shouldn't be annoyed with them since they seem unhappy when they're drinking with them being well aware of their problems, but feeling unable to fix them due to the addiction (often due to a heavy back story that lead to Alcoholism). If one wanted me to get them Psychological help and to pay for it then I'd happily do it, and I'd also do whatever I can do to help one if they want it rather than care about their apology (apologies are overrated in my opinion as they're just nothing more than spoken/written words that are meaningless if they won't/feel unable to forgive themselves first and work to improve themselves). How do you feel about heavy alcoholics?

• Danz., FirstLadyofGTA, OdysseyVoyager and 1 other like this

OdysseyVoyager
  • OdysseyVoyager

Gambetti Crime Family

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'd say I agree with you on the point that Alcoholism is no excuse for committing crimes of any degree.As far as them drinking because of some personal problems of their own,I want to point out that you are right here too...but when something becomes more of an addiction so much so that your body and brain instantly think of it as a way to resort to when facing a problem rather that actually solving it,it becomes a problem and can be stated as the start of this cycle of addiction to begin with.

Most people don't realize that drinking doesn't solve sh*t to be really honest.It's just a method of escaping reality for a few hours,and forgetting the miserable situation that they are in.I kinda do feel bad about them myself but then whenever I think of helping someone with such a condition,it just feels that it's not just about their problems anymore...there is now more to this addiction cycle than it was before when it started.To cut it short..It's a problem in itself now.

But I do appreciate people like you for having a helping hand for those in need mate. :)

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

AKA gnad1992

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Sometimes i get drunk with my friends and after 24 liters of beer we start to discuss things and end up fighting and insulting each other but we're all buddies the next day.

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

16 years sober this year for the exact reason you posted... and no, I can't stand drunks.

sounds kinda funny coming from a sober drunk.

¥en
  • ¥en

The North Forgets

• The Connection
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Not entirely sure what you mean by heavy alcoholic here, since it's entirely possible to 'drink like an Irishman' (mind the stereotype :p) and not do any of that.

I do agree though that some people could really utilise more self control and moderation when it comes to consumption of alcohol. 

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

My neighbors get drunk and argue at like 3 AM all the time. 

Honestly, as long as you can handle yourself without being an asshole or drive, doesn't bother me.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

My mom used to drink really bad. Now she got to rehab and cleaned herself up.
  • Th3MaN1 and RandallFlagg00 like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Some drunks are really unbearable.. especially the over-emotional, pissed off drunks. Two drinks and they're all crying and sh*t, which is usually women, or a majority of them, wanting to fight everyone instantly or they just get sick.

Some drunks are cool though, happy and go free types.. then you have your sickly drunks. But I've never stumbled across a drunk that I had to live to hate or be seriously annoyed by that was a big factor in my life. My family only had 2 drunks that I know of, my grandfather (whom I've never got to meet, he passed away before I was born) and my cousin. My cousin was the happy drunk, silly as sh*t when he drank so it never bothered me but I think that's why people enabled him or let his drinking get carried away, because he was so likable when drunk, so it didn't cause any problems. He's been sober for over 3yrs now, kudos to him.. and he's still the same personality.

But there are also people out there that can drink like a fish and not act bad at all or who has to depend on alcohol to function in everyday life. But this is no different from the bath salt druggies or meth heads.. we meet all walks of life when it comes to drugs. My brother is a drug addict, his poison is usually cocaine and meth, so I have to deal with that on an almost daily routine. Random phonecalls from him where he's paranoid and thinking the DEA is chasing and watching him, the random knocking on the door looking for a place to hide to asking for money, the stealing of property from the family.. he's done it all and continues to do it. So when I hear about drunks giving people hard times, I can relate but I don't feel obligated to really give a sh*t.

• Failure and Th3MaN1 like this

duSt:
  • duSt:

Yer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeah you're the only one. No one else iñ this world has ever thought that.
  • Oddsock, Mr. House and a20characterusername like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

ill

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hmm, depends on the drunk.

Some people can handle their booze better than others.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I've never became violent when drunk, in fact I'm very relaxed and when drunk I'd actually want to avoid any escalation in violence as it would kill my buzz. I like to enjoy my intoxication, not use it as an excuse to start trouble.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

To be honest, I feel about as hopeless as an alcohol addict does.

What I mean is, I can try to help an addict get over their addiction through motivational support, but more often than not they're just going to end up falling back into the addiction, stuck in an endless cycle of hopelessness. It's horrible because no matter how much they want to quit, they still often get sucked back into this horrible cycle and there's not much you can do about it. I've been dealing with this with my dad for years, and I wish the world I could help him more, but there's not much you can do but hope for him to finally get over the addiction and get back on track.

So no, seeing heavy drinkers doesn't annoy me, but it saddens me that they are stuck in this rut and I hope the best for them. Alcoholism sucks.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Depends, is the alcoholic in question a heavy movie guy too?

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

I don't care what other people do, but most people turn into f*cking retards when they drink and I'd rather not be around it, especially when getting sh*tfaced becomes an everyday thing for them.

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

i hate em almost as much as tweekers. 

me personally, i rarely drink.. maybe once every few months. right now im on my 6th beer but you'll never see me having trouble walking.. or starting a fight/argument with someone.. 

if you're gonna do the drug/alcohol.. dont let it do you. period

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

I <3 Drunks. They make me feel better about myself.

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I drink a lot,makes me feel better about myself,but I control myself no matter how drunk I am. I can drink all night and when I'm done I'll just go home and sleep,never have I done something like screaming,fighting,and the like,I'm more calm when I'm drunk. I myself can't stand the drunk that get into fights,scream at their women,do crime and the like

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I really really hate drunken sods who loll about the town messing up the place.

The worst ever must be this drunkard I saw boxin his one eyed monkey in front of a lingerie shop window...

People who get drunk and then beat their wives should be shot.

And drunk drivers should have their hands cut off, like they do in Islamic countries...

• Danz. likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

I just love how my friends in school talk about themselves getting drunk so much that they're barely able to walk home, sounding like they're kings of the planet.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yep. Got a guy at work thay comes in every shift with a different long winded story about how trashed / sloshed / wasted / busted / clunked / destroyed / hammered / no longer sober he was at some house party. Always doing dumb sh*t at work too...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Past Inside The Present

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Anyone ever hear of Peter & Raymond? a couple of guys moved in to an apartment next door to two raving alcos. They recorded their drunken rants by sticking a microphone in front of their apartment. The tapes went 'viral' in San Francisco during the late 80's and early 90's. They made a documentary about it called Shut Up, Little Man. 

Interesting to listen to but I'd say a nightmare to live beside...

• Verdant and orbitalraindrops like this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by Spadge007, 19 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.

I'm only getting edgy if they cause danger for other people because of their state, beat women or children, cause deathly accidents or start agressing random with no reason.

If they wanna land in the hospital for liver failure I can just hope they learned their lesson.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

AKA gnad1992

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Wow woa wee wah! So many angry people in this thread! 

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:45 PM Edited by Spadge007, 19 June 2014 - 03:45 PM.

It's your thing, some like alcohol, I prefer weed.

• BOSS 302 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

^ Pot heads can be just as annoying as drunks.

• BOSS 302 likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

It's not a disease.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

My mother's friend is over 50 years old and hasn't had a sip of alcohol after witnessing so many people with drinking problems.

Das gonna be me.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

schadenfreude

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

It's really annoying when sober people tell alcoholics to just stop being an alcoholic, or how happy people tell depressed people to stop being depressed, or how employed people tell homeless people to just get a job, or how non-jews tell jews to just get over the holocaust. To put it bluntly, you could not be more ignorant. People like that fail in the department called "empathy" and it just proves to me their lack of understanding of the situation. I personally do not get annoyed with people who are addicted to alcohol because I do not put myself in environment where there is/are drunk people to annoy me. In general, PEOPLE annoy me. To be honest, my grandmother and mother both died due to alcoholism/overdosing, and I know how hard their lives were so I try to keep in mind that other people who struggle with alcoholism may have a horrible life too. It's just really sad when people try to get help for their alcoholism, or any addiction for that matter but keep falling back in an endless cycle of ...failure pretty much, and they lose hope. Also, some people may not even believe they need the help or see what damage they are doing to those around them, which is also just as sad.  

• Christian21J likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

Not all. Back in the 60s I worked with a Pharmacist. He was a great guy. You all would have liked him.

That is until one Sunday he came to work SOBER.

Mean wretch, I had no idea he was drunk before.

• Danz. likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by Danz., 20 June 2014 - 01:44 AM.

^ LMAO lil weasel. Some people just need that external and temporary change to their personality. Reminds me of an old story that my long gone grandpa told me.

Personally, I dislike and look down at any form of escapism through chemical ways, so drunktards and potheads tend to be a major annoyance to me. It's just that you should stay more sober than high during your life, not only for the sake of your own health, but also to reduce the chances of crossing the line that separates your privacy and another person's one.

However, many people don't understand that or simply don't care, and that's exactly what gets on my nerves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users