Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who here hated online at first and now loves it?

25 replies to this topic
ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

I was one of those players that swore by single player for awhile. Now I love it. The apartments to buy, garages to fill up, cars to customize, more ways to customize your character, the missions, etc... Plus, I used to hate the random asshole players but now I find it suspenseful trying to get sh*t done when someone may be on your ass. I love how you can literally watch another player being chased by the cops driving in free roam. And if you watch tv in your apartment you can switch to the "news" station and watch players in a crazy cop chase. There's just so much more variety.

I will not touch SP until a dlc add on comes along.
  • Day Reaper, Warlordfrost and GrandTheftRobbo like this

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

I've pretty much been on board since day 1. I literally 100%'d SP about an hour before Online launched. Been there ever since. Now the only time I see M, F, or T is when I switch back to SP to save when I'm done playing.

• Day Reaper likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

A better question would be, who loved online at first and now hates it
  • saintsrow, Alex Francisco, hei3enberg and 7 others like this

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

this is the type of sh*t i been thinkin about since gta 3

Choppers
  • Choppers

Maybe your power's half-baked...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by Choppers, 14 June 2014 - 06:52 AM.

Unfortunately I'm the opposite as of now..

..Well, that is if being bored of it right now counts.

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

Been playing online since it was launched, never finished story mode

I did eventually though, but I liked online better and still do

However I still need story mode as you can only get so many pretty-colored cars with the colors provided in the game

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

Other way around.

I praised GTAO, telling those that were bored to f*ck off, that they didn't know how to play the game.

Now I'm bored, LOL.

• Obviously and Coreyandy5 like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

I hated gta online when it came out. still hate it. 

• saintsrow likes this

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

I hated online when I tried it. Hadn't really got a clue what I was doing so spent ages creating my character, then managed to win the first race, was shot and had my Tailgater stolen when I was buying clothes and then ended up pursuing the bloke with the package around the island twice with no ammo and no money to buy any before turning it off and leaving it for a month while I completed story mode.

Ironically I find it hard to play story mode now. And I still got shot and had my Tailgater stolen when I created my second character, though I was rather quicker with the package :lol:
  • Day Reaper and Coreyandy5 like this

Nathan46970
  • Nathan46970

Helper

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

I finished story mode twice just because of that stock market money thing. Just like you OP I hated online at first. But  just 2 months back I started playing Online. Oh I love it now. Got a character at 154 and another one at 38. All costly cars and apartments. :D

• Day Reaper likes this

Panther3226
  • Panther3226

The Body Builder-benching 245lb

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM Edited by Panther3226, 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM.

I was one of those players that swore by single player for awhile. Now I love it. The apartments to buy, garages to fill up, cars to customize, more ways to customize your character, the missions, etc... Plus, I used to hate the random asshole players but now I find it suspenseful trying to get sh*t done when someone may be on your ass. I love how you can literally watch another player being chased by the cops driving in free roam. And if you watch tv in your apartment you can switch to the "news" station and watch players in a crazy cop chase. There's just so much more variety.

nope... I stayed because of the money glitches! :evilgrin:

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

I expected to hate GTA0 free-roam.  And I did.  and I do.   :angry:

But the redeeming value is that I get to play as "myself" in a sense, and that is something I really hoped would be possible in GTA0, in the 4th character slot.  Since GTA0 provides that, and it is a beautiful place to explore and to drive vehicles, I do like GTA0 as a virtual world.   :^:   :colgate:

But the GTA0 community...not so much.   :v:

• manicmechanic71 and Obviously like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

ME!!!!!  :p

elfoam
  • elfoam

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

As long as no one shoots me unprovoked and we do fun stuff I love it. When it turns into a tank war it gives me stress and I hate it. Spend a lot of time in invite only with one or two friends.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

THIS!

Hates a little strong but definitely getting bored with it

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

THIS!

Hates a little strong but definitely getting bored with it
The only two reasons the games getting too boring is because one, you play it too much or two, your not creative enough.

Jak2bossbf3
  • Jak2bossbf3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I hated gta online when it came out. still hate it. 

If you hated it since launch why the hell are you on the forums?

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Nobody even f*cking plays jobs anymore so it has gone to sh*t. People only play Rooftop Rumble and other boring missions because they care about their amount of money rather than having fun. Free mode has also gone to sh*t.

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by Trademark LAS, 14 June 2014 - 05:32 PM.

*Raises hand*

Well, I wouldn't really say I hate it, more like incredibly bored with the game.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 14 June 2014 - 06:03 PM.

That's exactly how I felt about crack. Hahahaha

Seriously man thanks for posting that because that's the point of being online, you never know who you will encounter. Getting murdered at the car wash is way more fun in a video game than in real life and sure some stuff gets repetitive but what game doesn't?
I usually don't watch other players on my TV but when I do, it's a lot of fun and don't do it more often because I rather be in a Deathmatch.
Anyways glad you like it over on the dark side. lol

I'm a Rank 230 and sure there are days when I'm bored of it but I put it down or I end up watching YouTube Deathmatch videos of people that are actually very good and then I can't wait to get back on. Am I bored of the missions, sure. But I try and find things to do like maybe use only my pistol or go rooftop to rooftop. Point is I try and find ways to make the repetitive things useful.
Lucky for me, I bought the game for the Deathmatches so it's hard to be bored when one session you own the world and the next, you are humbled dramatically.
  • ugotsmoked likes this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Loved it, but now its boring as hell for me.

I sold my ps3 and gta 5 copy, and taking  a break from GTAO until pc version comes out...gonna be epic!

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Kind of. It was fun for a while, when I felt like I still had stuff to grind for. Okay, I'm only at level 93 now, and should probably try for 100, but I feel as though SP has more staying power for me. Not sure why, exactly, but ... yeah.
  • robban likes this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

I didn't "hate" the online version, but I didn't know anyone that played on PS3.  I loved the campaign in GTA V with the characters, storyline, heists, etc.  The online version just didn't appeal to me.  But after running the campaign a couple times, it just seemed like free roaming online would be more fun than in single player.

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

I hated it at first, didn't really pay any attention to it before the game was released, so I was expecting something similar to GTA IV and instead I get greeted at the airport by Lamar, who is easily my least favorite character from SP...  Once I got into it, though, I started to enjoy it.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Never liked it, still don't like it even more now that I haven't touched that crap in weeks.

Hopefully playing it on PC in a few months will change my mind, and on PS4.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

I wouldn't say I'm bored of it now, but it's not as exciting. I filled up those second garages waaay too fast. F*ck me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users