Do you think any past protags could have done the torture scene

86 replies to this topic
Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Do any of you think any of the other past protags could have done it? I doubt niko would, he maybe a killer but he wouldn't just torture a man for sh*t n giggles

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

Claude or Tommy would. No doubt. Claude especially.

• Blingy, universetwisters, theNGclan and 10 others like this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

Please...even Floyd would if the writers said so
  • Capricornus, universetwisters, BlackNoise and 12 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

PC and Console gamer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

It would have been interesting if The Truth did the torture scene. He's not a protag, but it would be interesting because he's one of those "unusual" characters, if you played GTA SA you'd know what I mean.

• TrialzGTAS and theGTAking101 like this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

^ Like above said I don't think Claude or Tommy would need to be asked twice. They just get sh*t done no questions asked (especially claude :lol: )

I think Niko would too but only if he was forced to like if someone threatened his loved ones etc, after everything he went through in the serbian war he wouldn't do this willingly.

I don't think CJ would though, yeah he can be an ice cold killa but this would be too much for him to handle.

• Blingy, burnzy187, theNGclan and 3 others like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Bubba, Claude, Tommy and Toni would.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 14 June 2014 - 05:13 AM.

I think Huang Lee would of done it no problem,he is quite an ice cold killer even though criminally underrated.

• xXGst0395Xx, matajuegos01, OMGmyFACE and 1 other like this

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by SocalZHP, 14 August 2014 - 02:21 AM.

It would have been interesting if The Truth did the torture scene. He's not a protag, but it would be interesting because he's one of those "unusual" characters, if you played GTA SA you'd know what I mean.

The truth was a hippie. He'd be the last person to do that scene.

• Revenge of the Donut and Sp3cial_H3rbs like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

PC and Console gamer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

The truth was a hippie. He's be the last person to do that scene.

You're right. Anyways, all seriousness, Niko should do the scene.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

I actually don't think anyone else could've done it. 

I think Trevor is the only truly unhinged character we've been able to play as. He kills for fun (he was designed FOR the players). Torturing that guy was probably a dream come true for him. 

I mean, Rockstar could've had any other character do it but it would've just felt out of place. Trevor is just the kinda guy who does sh*t like that on a daily basis. It's nothing out of the ordinary for him. 

• theGTAking101, Revenge of the Donut, Trevorphilipjfry and 1 other like this

sqre
  • sqre

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

Tommy and Claude !

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by BlackNoise, 14 June 2014 - 06:02 AM.

Any GTA protagonist could've done it. I'm not even sure why people consider it to be shocking. They do such terrible sh*t, but torturing a guy and letting him go is considered worse? Maybe if the torturing was handled better. It was pretty horrible, but the aftermath made it seem like the guy just got jumped or something. 

The only thing that was unique to Trevor is he the fact that he let the guy live. The other protagonists would've put him out of his misery. 

Edit: I just watched that scene again, and the only other thing that separates Trevor from the other protagonists is how he did it just because he wanted to. The beginning is actually creepier than I remembered. The way he tells Michael, "I think it's a good time, buddy...You know, go for a drive". Trevor was getting something out of it, and his demeanor was so weird. The other protagonists would just do it for a job, but I definitely think they would do it, based on how they were written. 

• Tycek, acmilano, HaythamKenway and 1 other like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

Killing people and torturing are completely different things, some will kill cause of money but none of the other protags have ever tortured any one. Death is just business,torture of a person is on a whole other level
  • Revenge of the Donut and Blood-Is-in-Diamond like this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

criminally underrated

Intentional or not, I like this pun.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Any GTA protagonist could've done it. I'm not even sure why people consider it to be shocking. They do such terrible sh*t, but torturing a guy and letting him go is considered worse? Maybe if the torturing was handled better. It was pretty horrible, but the aftermath made it seem like the guy just got jumped or something. 

The only thing that was unique to Trevor is he the fact that he let the guy live. The other protagonists would've put him out of his misery. 

Edit: I just watched that scene again, and the only other thing that separates Trevor from the other protagonists is how he did it just because he wanted to. The beginning is actually creepier than I remembered. The way he tells Michael, "I think it's a good time, buddy...You know, go for a drive". Trevor was getting something out of it, and his demeanor was so weird. The other protagonists would just do it for a job, but I definitely think they would do it, based on how they were written. 

True,even CJ burried guy alive and Niko drives dead bodies to that doctor to extract organs. All of them would do it with no problems.Claude,Tommy and Tony would probably enjoy it mor than others,thougt.

• BlackNoise and matajuegos01 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

I couldn't agree more. People are definitely overrating that scene and Trevor, as it was nothing special compared to rest of the activities made by protags. 

Burying guy alive under the wet concrete - done, killing guy with a axe - done, burning people alive with flamethrower - done many times. 

• BlackNoise, The Odyssey and Sofa like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You have the right to shut the f*ck up!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

I can see Tommy torturing someone, but any GTA protag would do it, if they had to.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:25 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 14 June 2014 - 10:25 AM.

Claude, Tommy, Toni and Huang wouldn't think twice about it. Carl, Luis, Michael and Franklin would probably complain, but would do it anyway. Niko, Johnny and Vic would need some made-up excuse to justify it for themselves.

Bottom line is, anyone would do it. In fact, there is a very high chance Niko has already done that in the war and who knows what Tommy, Toni or Michael done in their long criminal careers. The only difference is, as BlackNoise pointed out, I don't think anyone but Trevor would get a kick out of it.
  • LILSPILLYUM, Zodape, Detective Phelps and 2 others like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 14 June 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Claude would do it without a second though, Tommy would probably even enjoy it, CJ would never do it, Vic would collapse into a corner in the fetal position when asked to do it, Tony would do it but may have second thoughts in his mind, Niko would do it and be all dramatic about how he doesn't wanna do it (heavy rain, black and white filter, and tears included), Johnny would do it but would try not to be too harsh on the guy, Luis would do it while banging some sloot who would be laughing at his small soldier, Huang would do it and probably not even remember he did it the day after. Mike wouldn't do it, Franklin wouldn't do it.

• Tyla, xXGst0395Xx, CasualSergiu and 1 other like this

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

Mr Busta!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Vic Vance wouldn´t i think Toni would.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You have the right to shut the f*ck up!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

If Lance's life depended on it, Vic wouldn't hesitate.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

Certainly any of them could do it, given the right motivation but I expect most of them would protest to some extent.

I would say Claude, Tommy and Toni would quite happily do it though.

• BlackNoise, Detective Phelps, Revenge of the Donut and 1 other like this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

CJ doesn't have it in him.

• Witchking Of Angmar, theGTAking101, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

poland stronk
  • poland stronk

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by poland stronk, 14 June 2014 - 12:55 PM.

CJ doesn't have it in him.

Yeah, like when he was speeding with an italian guy tied to the car hood on the LV Strip which led him to heart attack and forced him to use a wheelchair. Nigga please.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by thafablifee46, 14 June 2014 - 01:26 PM.

Claude would do it no problem. I can see niko doing it but going through some mental break down after like he usually does. Tommy V was cold but its not like he butchered those guys for fun, he was ambushed i think and it was a life or death situation so i cant see him or anyother protag doing this ( besides trevor ). Carl definitely would do it lol i know he buried someone alive but come on that was with a cement truck, its not like he did it with a shovel .
  • TrialzGTAS likes this

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:09 PM Edited by Wheatley, 14 June 2014 - 02:11 PM.

I think Huang Lee would of done it no problem,he is quite an ice cold killer even though criminally underrated.

He was pretty shocked when that guy cut out someones heart with a knife and their bare hands while the patient was still strapped onto the stretcher in the back of an ambulance.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Sure they could. However, it would be solely for the job. Trevor would be the only one to get enjoyment out of it.

• theGTAking101 likes this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Claude definitely, but maybe Tommy would if he were mad enough. As said before, all would because it's their job to.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Niko surely would after Roman's death (even if it wasn't/was canon)

• theGTAking101 likes this

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I don't think cj burying that guy alive was as confronting as Trevor's scene.
From memory cj used a bulldozer to push the toilet in a hole then used a cement truck to bury.
Trev's scene the guy was right there. You can see it all happening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users